HG and Robotech Debates

A wallet? Seriously? This is ridiculous.

If you open the wallet a voice starts to whisper..."Robotech is chicken soup for the soul" within days you begin to wither away, but not before you give the wallet to someone else and the vile process begins anew.

Kinda like The Ring...only this time a pair of boobies will devour you at the end. :unsure:

In during Monty Python :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gldlyTjXk9A&feature=related

:edit:

As for the love triangle thing I would say that Frontiers triangle is more "mysterious" in the sense that it's open ended. There's no clear winner, so it's up the the audiences' interpretation to decide who ends up with who, where as SDF:M makes it very obvious early on that Hikaru and Misa are meant to be together, and it's more about watching Hikaru grow out of his juvenile crush on Minmei.

And regarding the whole recycling material argument: I think that a big part of why Macross can get away with it and Robotech doesn't is that in Macross, while certain premises and characters tend to show up over and over, every time the actual characters and stories themselves have enough depth and complexity beyond those general archetypes that each iteration remains fresh and interesting.

The characters and stories in Robotech however have virtually NOTHING to them beyond the broadest token tough chick/evil villain/young hotshot characterizations and generic alien invasion plots.

You're missing my point; I'm not talking about the end or resolution of the triangle but during it. When I watched Robotech in the 80's and not only the mecha action intrigued me but also who Rick was going to choose: Minmay or Lisa. I totally was amazed with some of that stuff like Lisa doing Rick's cleaning and Minmay getting tipsey and getting a drink thrown in her face by Kyle. I moved to New York in the 90's and one of my best friends from Dominican Republic discovered RT on SciFi Channel. He used to call me everyday and ask me how's it going to end and I'd never spoil it for him.

I really loved Macross Frontier but the triangle felt a little like deja-vu to me. It was set up early on that these were going to be the girls Alto was going to choose but in the beginning of Macross you understood that Rick crushed on Minmay but him & Lisa couldn't stand each other. Though over course of the story they eventually warmed up to each other. That's why I believe the 25 episode limit was a detriment to the character development; it just wasn't enough episodes.

The two Macross Frontier movies will benefit because the basic story parameters have been set so now they can build upon it.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

tsk tsk, didn't you know? The Shadow Chronicles and RT.com are family friendly!

Even though most of the sites users are middle aged men who can't say "fart" without offending Steve Yun :D

also

RealPlay2007-02-2720-00-31-96.jpg?t=1294434761

Boobs are family friendly too!

They're great for a day out motorboating, LMAO!!! But seriously, showgirls from outerspace is the subtitle they shoulda given RT.

Do you see any pockets in those skintight jumpsuits of theirs?;)

They must keep the wallets in crevasses of the body, but that must make the plastic cards either stinky, or really sweaty, Hahaha.

and yet they have belts... :unsure:

They're just trying to imitate Batman and his utility belt. Hey, maybe they have the wallet in the belt and that's what the belt is for, to carry your cash, ID, SSN, Driver's lic., stale cheetos, VHS rental card, and condoms. "Brown Chickent Brown Cow!!!"

SHADOW CHRONICLES WALLET ON SALE FOR 17.99

All sales proceeds will go to:

SAVE SHADOW RISING FUND!

ROBOTECH.COM RENOVATIONS

ART OF THE THE SHADOW CHRONICLES II: WHAT WOULD"VE MADE IT AN EVEN WORSE MOVIE!

But really....$18...THEY should be paying the fans to buy it. :angry:

Zen72/JT

LOL WHO GIVES A fart.

They must keep the wallets in crevasses of the body, but that must make the plastic cards either stinky, or really sweaty, Hahaha.

Bah... the way the women in Shadow Chronicles dress, they probably pay for everything with big wads of glitter-covered $1 bills that smell like coconut oil, sweat, and shame. :lol:

Do you see any pockets in those skintight jumpsuits of theirs?;)

You are making the really bad assumption here that I bothered to watch the damn thing. I like to at least pretend that I have some self respect.

You are making the really bad assumption here that I bothered to watch the damn thing. I like to at least pretend that I have some self respect.

lol... guess I just have an unusually high pain threshold, since I actually sat through the entire thing twice.

Maybe because: a ) they're Amazon.com exclusives, or b ) they're unofficial products. I wonder what would happen if anyone mentioned these products on the RT.com forums.

If they're going to do unofficial robotech bags, the least they could do as choose some good images rather than crappy logo's or stock art.

now I'd pay $30 for a bag with this on it:

derptits.jpg

Maybe because: a ) they're Amazon.com exclusives, or b ) they're unofficial products. I wonder what would happen if anyone mentioned these products on the RT.com forums.

That's funny cause you'd think such items like these would be in their store.

but yeah on that note, I dare someone to post these on RT.com :D

If they're going to do unofficial robotech bags, the least they could do as choose some good images rather than crappy logo's or stock art.

That's because they know that RT fans don't care. Like I always say, RT fans will buy anything with the RT logo on it. Toilet paper included.

this might have been asked previously but, for the japanesse and other folks living in that portion of the world, what is ya'll take on Robotech? is the whole concept pretty much a laughing stock? :blink:

this might have been asked previously but, for the japanesse and other folks living in that portion of the world, what is ya'll take on Robotech? is the whole concept pretty much a laughing stock? :blink:

On the few occasions I've met a Japanese person who was aware of Robotech's existence, their thoughts on it could usually be summed up as "They did what?" or "That's stupid! Why would they do that?".

those set of boobs cant fool me. if i want boobs in my anime, id watch some h.

Edited by cannon_fodder674

Wow, what an emblem. No seriously, what an emblem, because it's probably the most expensive part of the wallet and what people are really paying for. You can buy other adult designer wallets and still keep your dignity with prices like that.

I know merchandising like this is common, but Shadow Chronicles definitely doesn't deserve it, especially when it literally went nowhere x years afterward (whenever it came out and still mattered).

Edited by Einherjar

now I'd pay $30 for a bag with this on it:

derptits.jpg

Is that Yohsitaka Amano I see charging Tommy Yune with a katana for ruining his work? :o

It looks like some sort of joke or parody skit about "what if Robotech were animated by people who only have a superficial understanding of Japanese animation and animation in general?" except it really happened! Harmony Gold actually paid inexperienced animators so they could experiment in making an anime. "Scott" looks hardcore baked, like he's marvelling at how ripped he is now that he's hit that entire blunt. His armor and his body has been drawn completely wrong. "Ariel"'s having some sort of intestinal problem. It's a train wreck.

It looks like some sort of joke or parody skit about "what if Robotech were animated by people who only have a superficial understanding of Japanese animation and animation in general?" except it really happened! Harmony Gold actually paid inexperienced animators so they could experiment in making an anime. "Scott" looks hardcore baked, like he's marvelling at how ripped he is now that he's hit that entire blunt. His armor and his body has been drawn completely wrong. "Ariel"'s having some sort of intestinal problem. It's a train wreck.

baked? he looks like he just had a f*cking stroke. :p

also something I've just realized: if you look at whats-her-names tits, you'll notice that there's no separation between here boobs and her top. The contour of here boob just runs right into here shirt with only color separating the too. furthermore, her clothing has no wrinkles whatsoever and reflects light in the exact same way as here skin. This can only mean one thing: That's really just body paint, and she's completely naked.

Also she has no nipples. :p

baked? he looks like he just had a f*cking stroke. :p

also something I've just realized: if you look at whats-her-names tits, you'll notice that there's no separation between here boobs and her top. The contour of here boob just runs right into here shirt with only color separating the too. furthermore, her clothing has no wrinkles whatsoever and reflects light in the exact same way as here skin. This can only mean one thing: That's really just body paint, and she's completely naked.

Also she has no nipples. :p

Scott has never gotten a nice treatment......not even in the comics

scottraeg.png?t=1294693370

This is a little too easy, you can take a still frame from any animation and make fun of it for days... not every frame can be a winner. I think if I had drawn this particular frame though, I would have moved Scott's shoulders up a bit.

Gentlemen, through extensive sleuthing & top secret contacts within the Robotech inner circles of superfriends, I bring you the primiere of the next great entry into the Robotech Shadow Chronicles...chronicle?

What nationality is Vince Grant again? Cause that is the tannest white man I've seen in any anime.

Dunno... he's probably American, since practically everyone in Robotech's Macross Saga is. He's supposed to be Claudia's brother or something like that, so I guess he's supposed to be black.

What nationality is Vince Grant again? Cause that is the tannest white man I've seen in any anime.

He's clearly some kind of skunkman from skunkworld. One of the many parties of the RDF/Sentinels alliance.

Very good, but still pales into insignificance when compared to this....

Heh. Speaking of "The #1 Robotech Fan Bitch" (his words, not mine), turns out he's gotten his feelings hurt over my allegations that his numbers are padded out, and has put something up at RDFHQ to show that I shouldn't mess with him. :rolleyes:

(If you're interested, it's the last post on this thread: http://rdfhqcommunicationscenter.yuku.com/topic/2979/Robotech-fan-podcast )

Now, there's a definite discrepancy here, and it's the same discrepancy you see on the iTunes store if you type in an artist's name (or podcaster's name) or if you look at an album (or podcast). Basically, the album popularity bars tend to be inflated, but searching for the artist's name (or song title, or anything like that) will give you a more accurate reading. So he's using the inflated system, where the popularity bars on 100 plus podcast episodes are maxed out, and the rest show no activity. You'll also noticed that the stats he put up are arranged by date, rather than solely by popularity. :rolleyes:

Simply put, Bendo doesn't know what he's doing and doesn't know how to interpret the information, so he's just going with whichever pages look the most flattering. Anyone who has actually spent some time with the iTunes store knows he's full of it.

Ah well, at least he indirectly admits that he illegally uploaded Macross Frontier songs.

Anyway, all of this gives me an idea...He's been trying to get me on his show for a long time now, but it really seems like small potatoes...too small for me. But hey, it's a new year, times change, blah blah blah. So I'll do his show...IF one hundred unique individuals tell me to.

More info is available here on Robotech X. Unfortunately, due to rules about Bendo talk on the site, it has to be in the Cannon Fodder forum (which is only accessible by members), but my hope is that all of Bendo's 6000 lessoners will sign up and make their voices heard! :lol:

Edited by Gubaba