Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I still wouldn’t be surprised if these are less in cost for a base kit without extras. A pre loaded one with a weapon pack and some options might be a bit higher, but with how thin some of those base kits are, they would probably be fairly cheap. I still don’t know their final plan for these at this point, but 30 minutes missions weren’t meant to be a very costly line.

Link to post
Share on other sites

MG Hazel custom is complete! This was my first experience with the Mk-II frame and from the waist down I have to say its pretty bad. The mechanism to move the legs forward engages too easy and if you use the thigh swivel too much the legs will come off <_< Also the hips on ball joints are the worst, this is the first ball jointed MG I've built in a good 15 years and I had forgotten how bad this design was. Once built there is no denying the kit looks good but it needs a lot of work to get it close to the artwork. Lots and lots of masking needed on the shields and the little yellow cylinder on top of the head were also a pain to paint. I missed a few of the red details but I was just sick of masking that I gave up on them. The Advanced Hazel is the last one I really want to do but I will probably wait until next year to work on it. Painting 3 shield boosters is enough for me for 1 year :lol: I'm entering this kit into a contest so wish me luck!

MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

It's perfect!!! Turner out great!!!

 

33 minutes ago, CrossAir said:

Woah! This looks great! Good luck on the contest.

Thanks guys! :hail:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

MG Hazel custom is complete! This was my first experience with the Mk-II frame and from the waist down I have to say its pretty bad. The mechanism to move the legs forward engages too easy and if you use the thigh swivel too much the legs will come off <_< Also the hips on ball joints are the worst, this is the first ball jointed MG I've built in a good 15 years and I had forgotten how bad this design was. Once built there is no denying the kit looks good but it needs a lot of work to get it close to the artwork. Lots and lots of masking needed on the shields and the little yellow cylinder on top of the head were also a pain to paint. I missed a few of the red details but I was just sick of masking that I gave up on them. The Advanced Hazel is the last one I really want to do but I will probably wait until next year to work on it. Painting 3 shield boosters is enough for me for 1 year :lol: I'm entering this kit into a contest so wish me luck!

MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom MG TR-1 Hazel Custom

 

That looks soooo good! I love the shading you are able to do, subtle and not over done but noticeable. And the red fingers came out perfect. 

I am working on painting my MG F90 gundam and it is taking longer than expected because of the white pieces. I am using Vallejo Mecha color off-white but having to do a lot of thin coats to get good covered without the paint running. Do you run into the same problem when painting white kits? 

Good luck in the competition! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

That looks soooo good! I love the shading you are able to do, subtle and not over done but noticeable. And the red fingers came out perfect. 

I am working on painting my MG F90 gundam and it is taking longer than expected because of the white pieces. I am using Vallejo Mecha color off-white but having to do a lot of thin coats to get good covered without the paint running. Do you run into the same problem when painting white kits? 

Good luck in the competition! 

Thanks! Yes I usually go for a very subtle shading although sometimes I think its too subtle :lol: but I'm happy with how it came out. The red fingers I had to hand paint a silver layer first and then went over that with metallic red. The silver helped a lot with the dark base of the frame. 

I cant remember but is mecha color pre-thinned? I've only used it to hand paint details, never airbrushed it. I use lacquers but yes white paint is my nemesis. I have troubles with it because no matter what it starts drying at the tip of the needle and its the only color that I have that issue with. So my problem is not that it runs, its that its drying too fast but if I thin it any more then I can easily get some pooling. I had to spray multiple coats to get the shading right. Just when I thought I was done I looked at the pieces and they were too dark around the edges and needed more white. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Thanks! Yes I usually go for a very subtle shading although sometimes I think its too subtle :lol: but I'm happy with how it came out. The red fingers I had to hand paint a silver layer first and then went over that with metallic red. The silver helped a lot with the dark base of the frame. 

I cant remember but is mecha color pre-thinned? I've only used it to hand paint details, never airbrushed it. I use lacquers but yes white paint is my nemesis. I have troubles with it because no matter what it starts drying at the tip of the needle and its the only color that I have that issue with. So my problem is not that it runs, its that its drying too fast but if I thin it any more then I can easily get some pooling. I had to spray multiple coats to get the shading right. Just when I thought I was done I looked at the pieces and they were too dark around the edges and needed more white. 

The drying needle point happens to me too and only with white (most of the time)! I thought I was doing some wrong the the damn paint. Every other piece I had to clean the tip and it doubles the time to airbrush the white pieces. Plus I am getting small flecks of dried paint shoot with the wet paint and messes with my paint job. It is driving me nuts. I keep increasing my thinner to paint ratio but then the paint runs, ripples, or pools. So lose lose situation so far. I have to do a very thin layer, dry the paint with the airbrush, and repeat four or five times before I get the opacity right. 

The Mecha color is 'pre-thinned' but you have to add more thinner or it will gum up the airbrush. Unless you are using a 0.5 needle, but I have a 0.3 and 0.2 needle. Plus it is an acrylic which I find harder to work with than lacquers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, General Rasp said:

The drying needle point happens to me too and only with white (most of the time)! I thought I was doing some wrong the the damn paint. Every other piece I had to clean the tip and it doubles the time to airbrush the white pieces. Plus I am getting small flecks of dried paint shoot with the wet paint and messes with my paint job. It is driving me nuts. I keep increasing my thinner to paint ratio but then the paint runs, ripples, or pools. So lose lose situation so far. I have to do a very thin layer, dry the paint with the airbrush, and repeat four or five times before I get the opacity right. 

The Mecha color is 'pre-thinned' but you have to add more thinner or it will gum up the airbrush. Unless you are using a 0.5 needle, but I have a 0.3 and 0.2 needle. Plus it is an acrylic which I find harder to work with than lacquers. 

Yup we are running into the same issue then, to clean the needle I spray for a few seconds on full blast but I also get the small flecks whenever I forget to do it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@anubis20 That Hazel turned out amazing. I'm jealous I can't do any airbrushing until my new compressor comes in.

 

AOZ is the best. I really hope we see official releases like the Woundwort or Owsla Big-Arm. 

 

With the two Owsla and Primrose kits I got I managed to make some interesting combos that'll look great once I can get them painted up :0

 

20210330_133332_HDR.thumb.jpg.05478be162655761a4d568f482986f47.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I gave up on the MGs after the Hazel Custom. They need way too much work and it kind of burned me out with all the masking. I am going to build the Advanced Hazel but that will be it, only because that design is so good. I got an Owsla and Primrose from US P-Bandai but sold it after I snapped the Hazel Custom. SO far I have built the HG Woundwort and Hazel Custom.

Your combo there looks very very good! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2021 at 5:32 AM, anubis20 said:

MG Hazel custom is complete! This was my first experience with the Mk-II frame and from the waist down I have to say its pretty bad. The mechanism to move the legs forward engages too easy and if you use the thigh swivel too much the legs will come off <_< Also the hips on ball joints are the worst, this is the first ball jointed MG I've built in a good 15 years and I had forgotten how bad this design was. Once built there is no denying the kit looks good but it needs a lot of work to get it close to the artwork. Lots and lots of masking needed on the shields and the little yellow cylinder on top of the head were also a pain to paint. I missed a few of the red details but I was just sick of masking that I gave up on them. The Advanced Hazel is the last one I really want to do but I will probably wait until next year to work on it. Painting 3 shield boosters is enough for me for 1 year :lol: I'm entering this kit into a contest so wish me luck!

MG TR-1 Hazel Custom

You had me at Hazel Custom! :wub: I love it @anubis20! Good luck on the contest and looking forward on your Advanced Hazel. Another Hazel favorite of mine. ;) 

 

On 3/30/2021 at 10:44 AM, Duymon said:

@anubis20 That Hazel turned out amazing. I'm jealous I can't do any airbrushing until my new compressor comes in.

AOZ is the best. I really hope we see official releases like the Woundwort or Owsla Big-Arm. 

With the two Owsla and Primrose kits I got I managed to make some interesting combos that'll look great once I can get them painted up :0

20210330_133332_HDR.thumb.jpg.05478be162655761a4d568f482986f47.jpg

That Owsla! Another favorite as well. :wub: Can't imagine how big it's going to be the Owsla with Gigantic Arm Unit in MG format.

But I like the Gigantic Arm Unit with Hrairoo more for some reasons. Excuse my 14 year old crappy photo of HGUC Hrairoo. :rolleyes:

hguc_hrairoo_gigantic-arm-unit_01.thumb.jpg.523087e7c9e6fef3180b2c89c31e968e.jpg

I envy you guys. I'm just collecting HG AoZ for now. No time building them yet. I'm basically thinking on sending everything to @anubis20 and to see how frustrated he's going to be once he started painting those yellow cylinders on the top head sensors in HG kit size. Hahaha! :lol: 

By the way, for those who have the MG Owsla, did anyone tried doing this* on the Primrose? This one is the HG Primrose. ;)

primrose_laserbeak_01.thumb.jpg.ab168bd97d4cff747053b409240260b5.jpg

primrose_laserbeak_02.thumb.jpg.68484c705e823abf4fd5653861c9189a.jpg

*HGUC AoZ Primrose Transformers Crossover.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Duymon said:

Bandai just announced MG silver bullet (standard release) aa well as MG Atlas Gundam ver Ka. 

 

RIp my Wallet

April fools? :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You had me at Hazel Custom! :wub: I love it @anubis20! Good luck on the contest and looking forward on your Advanced Hazel. Another Hazel favorite of mine. ;) 

im getting the itch to work on the Advanced Hazel this year just to finish this pair out but I also need to work on one of my Haze'n-Thleys II... It will definitely only have to be one more AoZ kit this year, I think thats all the AoZ I can handle :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Duymon said:

Luckily no :D

 

 

Look at the comments :( that Atlas pic is the HG from 4 years ago 

The Atlas Ka really had me all excited until I realized the date and couldnt find any news from anyone else. 

Edited by anubis20
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Look at the comments :( that Atlas pic is the HG from 4 years ago 

The Atlas Ka really had me all excited until I realized the date and couldnt find any news from anyone else. 

Ah crap they got me ー_ー

So sad... oh well.. my wallet needed saving anyways with them Mospeada Iotas on the way

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Duymon said:

Ah crap they got me ー_ー

So sad... oh well.. my wallet needed saving anyways with them Mospeada Iotas on the way

I know the feeling... The Atlas Ka being a fake hurt :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

With the P-Bandai Mk-V coming out soon, I feel like the Silver Bullet & Doven Wolf can’t be far behind. Maybe P-Bandai all the way, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Duymon said:

i love the Barzam but not goin down to HG for my aoz fix hehe

I'm already happy stocking HG AoZ's if I were going to complete all of them. Something to build when I retire or just get super old. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, anubis20 said:

We need more MG that are not Hazels :(

I'm pretty sure you're going to like Barzam II if they decided on making an MG kit for it. ;) 

Re-boot_06.jpg

Re-boot_07.jpg

Re-boot_09.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Duymon said:

I ran across this Official Bandai blog from last month and it pretty much confirms that the only White Decal for the upcoming Gundam MKV is the New Decides D. Everything else is molded in separate white peices.

http://bandaihobby.hatenablog.com/entry/2021/03/05/100004

it's gonna take a helluva lot of space to display an EX-s vs Mk-V scene

20210211232509.thumb.jpg.e286195b9afca0a57a466257c6128421.jpg

Wow, that is some awesome part separation. On the other hand, that's a lot of small white pieces to paint. :bigshok::p 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Duymon said:

I ran across this Official Bandai blog from last month and it pretty much confirms that the only White Decal for the upcoming Gundam MKV is the New Decides D. Everything else is molded in separate white peices.

http://bandaihobby.hatenablog.com/entry/2021/03/05/100004

it's gonna take a helluva lot of space to display an EX-s vs Mk-V scene

20210211232509.thumb.jpg.e286195b9afca0a57a466257c6128421.jpg

That pic is what sold me on the MK-V. Placed the pre-order and then it sold out like a week later :bigshok: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

RG 1/144 GUNDAM BUILD REAL
Gundam (Team Bright Custom) & Zaku II (Team Monster Custom)

BHC.jpg

tb01.jpg

tb02.jpg

tb03.jpg

tb04.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Schizophonic9 got his review of the MK V out. 

What a beautiful kit. Really looking forward to it when P-bandai USA ships in the summer 

mg_mk5035.thumb.jpg.a5fa6312a98c34fb4df58ce713e97bfb.jpg

mg_mk5004.thumb.jpg.53455b9dc38af0a1d4fdfe9e2ea52979.jpg

 

mg_mk5072.jpg

Edited by Duymon
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...