On 5/24/2021 at 9:12 AM, anubis20 said:

I get about a week long break and then its back to the builds :lol: Next up will be MG Deathscythe Hell Custom followed by the MG Providence. Those two I have already snapped them from the runners and yesterday I started the MG ZZ ka. I might put the ZZ on hold to work on the Justice. 

Love the group shot.  I will have to build these one day, hopefully at least 1/2 a well as you did.  I never got around to buying any of the Seed kits, but one of my local shops had a Strike China Version that came with all the strike parts so I splurged.  Now I have a Black and Red Strike to try to recolor into something that looks... not black and red.

I really liked the ZZ Ver. Ka until I built the FAZZ Ver. Ka and saw that they could put a proper elbow bend on a ZZ.  Mind you, the FAZZ version does not transform fully, but the elbow articulation is terrible, especially for a modern MG.

Back in Mar-Apr timeframe, Amazon put up a pre-order for a new MG without any details, which was strange.  No preview, no prototype, nothing.  Today, they announced a new project, Gundam Seed Eclipse:

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/05/new-mobile-suit-gundam-seed-game-in-development

New movie, game, comic, etc.

and they finally showed the new MG:

image.thumb.png.cea681a20f51497a3d2def188aef9fca.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6f5f55ce33e73404ebc14819a50c8ba2.png

image.thumb.png.42bc30fe05cd6a63bb7ccccf4abf7ff0.png

image.thumb.png.32729158530bbd115e583a0989a237c7.png

image.thumb.png.5776aadc148c01e4b9903f61347238f6.png

image.thumb.png.11d1b6c6cd74c967d306045f5b61f88f.png

image.thumb.png.912160c9dfc8641406fcd345a9140383.png

image.thumb.png.e5298618e578d306b2ae3ec963a93570.png

image.thumb.png.fa4b4ec792b8b0506236f43ab6f5a07e.png

Transformable (actually, foldable) and compatible with Striker Packs.  Of course, there will be a P-Bandai Expansion Pack:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.025c6344ddbef4dbfb285c7f401a745e.png

What do you guys think of the design?  I kind of like it, it has visual queues from the Freedom in the shoulders and legs.

I like the design, it isn't plain and I am always up for Bandai trying new mobile suit designs. But if you showed me that image without the Seed logo I would have said it comes from Hathaway's Flash or Gundam Age. There are lot of sharp angles and triangles that are similar to the Xi Gundam. The beam rifle looks similar to the Xi Gundam or Penelope also. The colors and beam weapons on the forearms looks like a Gundam Age thing. The transformation doesn't look half bad, it hides the limbs pretty well. That P-Bandai image is perfect though, a massive spiky backpack. Seed mobile suits love their backpacks. 

Is there any information about when this series so supposed to take place? With the recent pre-order for the MRD Justice and posing/playing with MRD Providence Gundam I have a strong urge to watch Gundam Seed again. 

3 hours ago, Big s said:

I’m not a big fan of transformable gundams since the usually turn into a pile of junk.

I’m not a big fan of transformable Gundams since it turns the whole hard sci-fi premise of the series into a pile of junk. :unsure:

Giant humanoid robot war machines require suspension of disbelief...

Giant humanoid robot war machines piloted by children require even greater suspension of disbelief...

Giant humanoid robot war machines piloted by children with psychic powers is already straining suspension of disbelief to the breaking point...

Giant humanoid robot war machines piloted by children with psychic powers that transform is a bridge too far. <_<

I mean, what's next?  Giant humanoid aliens incapacitated by pop music and kissing? :p

4 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I'm honestly really surprised by how much I don't hate the Eclips gundam design.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan. It doesn't look like a 'Seed/Destiny' MS for me. :(

I'm strictly U.C. myself...

GM Custom.jpg

...so the MG kits I build are decades old now.

strictly UC.jpg

I'm particularly partial to the GM variants.  Oldskool is the best skool! B))

Edited by tekering

10 minutes ago, tekering said:

Sure... except for the TR-6. :bad:

35d0b17973a33091886aa4cc3fee3ca6440b398a

Talk about Gundam in-name-only... <_<

Lame.

I'm more of an Advanced Hazel guy, but for some reason I kind of like that one too. Hehehe. :lol: 

MG Deathscythe Hell is complete. This one only took me 10 days to finish which is a new record for me. It's not that complicated of a build so that's probably why I managed to finish in a short amount of time. This kit was a rebuild of a kit I got done in 2016. I have a love/hate relationship with this particular kit. Love how it looks but hate the wings. They are a pain to pose and get in the way of everything, also extending the wings leads to inevitable paint scratching. I still love the endless waltz kits and I am happy that I finally got this journey started. Probably wont get them finished until early next year but I should be able to squeeze one or two more EW builds this year. 

As far as color choices i went with a mix of the purplish armor parts from Katoki’s drawing in the manual as well as the the orange head sensor and gold parts from the old 1/100 kits. I believe in no yellow parts on Wing kits, that goes back to the old kits I got in the late 90s :lol

MG Deathscythe Hell Painted Build

40 minutes ago, Big s said:

New exclusive versions of the messer. Looks like they added an open flat hand commander antenna and leg covers. I wish that they weren’t exclusives, but I think it’s an improvement over the standard kit

Yup. Sad to say it's a P-Bandai exclusive.

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000160091/

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000160093/

But I do like that Messer design. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

37 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Yup. Sad to say it's a P-Bandai exclusive.

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000160091/

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000160093/

But I do like that Messer design. ;)

Btw, both are available on the US P-Bandai website.

https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2530645001001

https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2563438001001

Definitely glad to see them on the U.S. store so fast, they’re a bit pricey for mostly the same kit, but the add ons are worth it for me. I dig the commander head and the cooler legs as well as the open hand. It’s everything I would have wanted with the exception of a closed fist and maybe water slide decals.

On 6/11/2021 at 12:32 PM, anubis20 said:

MG Deathscythe Hell is complete. This one only took me 10 days to finish which is a new record for me. It's not that complicated of a build so that's probably why I managed to finish in a short amount of time. This kit was a rebuild of a kit I got done in 2016. I have a love/hate relationship with this particular kit. Love how it looks but hate the wings. They are a pain to pose and get in the way of everything, also extending the wings leads to inevitable paint scratching. I still love the endless waltz kits and I am happy that I finally got this journey started. Probably wont get them finished until early next year but I should be able to squeeze one or two more EW builds this year. 

As far as color choices i went with a mix of the purplish armor parts from Katoki’s drawing in the manual as well as the the orange head sensor and gold parts from the old 1/100 kits. I believe in no yellow parts on Wing kits, that goes back to the old kits I got in the late 90s :lol

Well mine sure looks like crap now...