Yeah... Looks to be mostly an excuse to implement the features of the GFFMC/GoL(? Frozen Teardrop???) design, most of which I can take or leave.

Otherwise, it's a decent enough update of the design. Enough to warrant getting it over the old MG, or even the older HG? I dunno. If the price is the same, then I suppose there's no harm. The HG goes for around $20, $25 anyhow thanks to its rarity nowadays, putting it right in the same price class as the old MG.

Not a fan of the legs, and the frankly stupid amount of panels-shifting going on there.

Hands are a welcome improvement. I wonder if they're outright reusing the hands runner from the MG EW kits.

Bird Mode remains hilarious as ever, though kudos to them for having the courage to do not just one but TWO 360-degree pans of it.

I can't quite place it, but the buster rifle looks... different. I mean even accounting for the changes made to accommodate the new gimmicks, something about it seems off.

All in all, I'm not entirely sure this needs to exist, but cool, i guess.

that reminds, me has anyone had or heard reports of parts breakages with the HiRM wing zero? both of the legs on mine sheared off while I was trying to pose it recently.

Edited by anime52k8

2 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

that reminds, me has anyone had or heard reports of parts breakages with the HiRM wing zero? both of the legs on mine sheared off while I was trying to pose it recently.

The way I heard it, that was the norm rather than the exception; the Barbatos and Wing Zero were both rife with problems (bad parts fit, loose/tight/broken joints, etc.), and third time was the charm with the Astray finally ironing out most of the manufacturing kinks. I dunno if later releases of the WZ/Barb ever fixed those problems or if they have just persisted.

3 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

A year ago the plastic on several spots the inner frame (mainly hip & pelvic area) of the hirm wing zero failed on mine due to deterioration. Essentially a chogokin dx vf171 scenario.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Eh, what a bummer.  I figured since The Gundam Base RX-78-2 was a limited edition they'd throw in Waterslide decals.  Instead they have the usual stickers.  But the majority of the base model is blue so they all look incredibly terrible.

I had to buy a third party set of decals for it. I was also expecting water slides. 

MG Full Amor Gundam Ver Ka is complete! This was a really tough build for me that got me out of my comfort zone. Since I took up painting I think the hardest kit i build was the Barbatos. This thing had a ton of parts and not only that but a bunch of tiny little pieces that I found tough to mount and paint. The joint covers I didn't mind as much as other people have mentioned. They did some time to put on as I was trying to make sure the seam on the plastic cover sleeve ended up on the sides rather then on the front. The colors might seem a little dark because I was aiming for the colors on the artwork from the manual. 

MG Full Armor Gundam Ver. Ka Painted Build MG Full Armor Gundam Ver. Ka Painted Build MG Full Armor Gundam Ver. Ka Painted Build MG Full Armor Gundam Ver. Ka Painted Build MG Full Armor Gundam Ver. Ka Painted Build MG Full Armor Gundam Ver. Ka Painted Build

MG Full Armor Gundam Ver. Ka Painted Build

MG Full Armor Gundam Ver. Ka Painted Build MG Full Armor Gundam Ver. Ka Painted Build

51 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

Fantastic work!  This is probably one of the best renditions of this kit I have seen.  This is making me want to start building this kit, but the amount of colours on this thing always makes me put it back in the box.

I was also afraid of this kit and it really got me out of my comfort zone. I would say go for it, the colors aren't as much of a problem as the amount of parts :blink:

34 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Amazing work @anubis20!:good:

color scheme is a mix of mystery and vibrancy!

that deserves a like!

Thanks!

8 hours ago, electric indigo said:

*head explodes from all the 2021 Gunpla announcements*

2021 Gunpla announcement's??..... "looks at Taghobby"...... Holy Gunpla Gods!!!! :o

Yes, I will take one of each. 

Edited by General Rasp
Can't spell

4 hours ago, anubis20 said:

MG Full Amor Gundam Ver Ka is complete! This was a really tough build for me that got me out of my comfort zone. Since I took up painting I think the hardest kit i build was the Barbatos. This thing had a ton of parts and not only that but a bunch of tiny little pieces that I found tough to mount and paint. The joint covers I didn't mind as much as other people have mentioned. They did some time to put on as I was trying to make sure the seam on the plastic cover sleeve ended up on the sides rather then on the front. The colors might seem a little dark because I was aiming for the colors on the artwork from the manual.

That's some Great work!

The 'dark' colouring is great, it looks very intimidating in it's full-armour get-up.

I really like how the orange of the shields pops so intensely!

Edited by slide

5 hours ago, anubis20 said:

I know you're a friend, @anubis20. But I'm starting to hate you now for doing this gorgeous looking kits. :lol: 

I'm now jealous of your mad skills. :unsure:

4 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Is that RG Hi-Nu and... RG Nightingale? I honestly can't tell if it's an SD or NXEDGE or what, its proportions are so inherently weird.

RG Hi-Nu and HG Nightingale. I want both even though I have the Metal Robot Spirit versions. 

7 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Awesome work!

11 hours ago, anubis20 said:

MG Full Armor Gundam Ver. Ka Painted Build MG Full Armor Gundam Ver. Ka Painted Build MG Full Armor Gundam Ver. Ka Painted Build MG Full Armor Gundam Ver. Ka Painted Build MG Full Armor Gundam Ver. Ka Painted Build MG Full Armor Gundam Ver. Ka Painted Build

MG Full Armor Gundam Ver. Ka Painted Build MG Full Armor Gundam Ver. Ka Painted Build

The darker color looks good, dude.