What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v3.0

wolfx

Eh... really? I think that might be pushing it a bit, as I rather enjoyed The Big O II.

Seemed to me that the mysteries of the first series were not only spat on, but then shat on and burned, eaten, and shat out and spit on again. Plus the leftfield nonsensicle reboot ending was anticlimactic at best.

Have you seen School Rumble? If not, then that should be your next series.

No... but coincidentally that is on the list of titles I was looking at watching in the near future. Hulu won't stop pestering me about it whenever I go there.

Seemed to me that the mysteries of the first series were not only spat on, but then shat on and burned, eaten, and shat out and spit on again. Plus the leftfield nonsensical reboot ending was anticlimactic at best.

:blink: Certainly a vehement denunciation of the second series...

Edited by Seto Kaiba

But yeah, it's like they say... "variety is the spice of life". It's not the first time I've overdosed on mecha shows either... back around January a few friends and I tried to marathon through the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise's Universal Century timeline. 'round about the time we got to Mobile Suit Victory Gundam, we were ready to quit because of the recurring themes of grimdark and whiny teenage boys. This time it was just being overcome by stock cliches common to almost every mecha show... Seitokai Yakuindomo (lit. "Student Council Staff Members") turned out to be just what the doctor ordered. It's kind of lewd, as comedies go, but it doesn't do it to excess and it's mainly a play on how hormonal high school kids generally have filthy minds than anything else.

Kinda reminds me of when I finished watching Legend of Galactic Heroes (all 110 episodes in one month) and I decided to detox with some Cromartie High School...:D

Kinda reminds me of when I finished watching Legend of Galactic Heroes (all 110 episodes in one month)

I've heard it's a show that really pulls you in, so i'm not surprised you watch the whole show in a month. :3

Gonna free up some time soon and start watching it myself.

Just got done watching Claymore and I gotta say I really liked it. One of the more intense animes I've watched. Kinda hoping they continue on with it as the Manga is ongoing and the end of the anime leaves plenty to go on. Still, I was very happy with it. Watched in on Netflix, liked it enough to maybe snag the Bluray set.

Watched the first eps of Panty and Stocking, and Yet Town Keeps Going/Turning.

Cute shows; Panty and Stocking def reminds me of Power Puff Girls and the lead of Yet Town Keeps Going/Turning has such a wonderful voice.

Look forward to the next few eps.

I've heard it's a show that really pulls you in, so i'm not surprised you watch the whole show in a month. :3

Gonna free up some time soon and start watching it myself.

LOGH is not everyone's cup of tea due to the sheer size and scope of the affair (there's a lot and I mean a lot of characters) plus the total lack of fanservice. But if you like it, you'll grow to love it.

Just got done watching Claymore and I gotta say I really liked it. One of the more intense animes I've watched. Kinda hoping they continue on with it as the Manga is ongoing and the end of the anime leaves plenty to go on. Still, I was very happy with it. Watched in on Netflix, liked it enough to maybe snag the Bluray set.

really enjoyed it as well but the ending killed it for me. :(

You guys should start reading the Claymore manga then. It's been seriously interesting as of late.

yup, after watching the anime i've backtracked to the first manga and have been following it for a couple of years now. i agree, things seem to be coming to a head in the next issues

Upon a recommendation from a knowledgeable friend I'm going back to 80's and checking out Maison Ikkoku. It's veeerry long so I'll probably mix it up with something more contemporary at some point.

Upon a recommendation from a knowledgeable friend I'm going back to 80's and checking out Maison Ikkoku. It's veeerry long so I'll probably mix it up with something more contemporary at some point.

I just wish AnimEigo had gotten into releasing thinpaks before the series went OOP.

Will be watching the You're Under Arrest movie and Gundam Unicorn episode 2 sometime soon.

This season's series that I'm watching are currently Index II and Squid Girl.

Squid Girl's awesome.

What? No Oreimo? You have to watch that this season too :D

I am still watching Gurren Laggan, and just started Mazinger Shogeki...the Mrs. got her hands on my laptop and I will now have to add Chobits to the list of series that I am currently watching. :lol: :lol:

I've got Macross 7 warming up in the bullpen, its been years since I saw it, hoping it won't be so rough this time.

Also saw Macross II Lovers Again last weekend...I can't say enough how much that non-cannon universe rules :p.

I'm excited because I've just gotten tickets to see Interstella 5555 at the Planetarium here in Copenhagen. It is not very often that one get's to see one of Leiji Matsumoto's works in a 1000 m2 IMAX screen and surround sound. And specially not here in Northern Europe!

I knew that Matsumoto had made some videos for Daft Punk, but I didn't know that an entire 68 minute film had come out of it. Anyone seen it?

I'm so psyched!

I'm excited because I've just gotten tickets to see Interstella 5555 at the Planetarium here in Copenhagen. It is not very often that one get's to see one of Leiji Matsumoto's works in a 1000 m2 IMAX screen and surround sound. And specially not here in Northern Europe!

I knew that Matsumoto had made some videos for Daft Punk, but I didn't know that an entire 68 minute film had come out of it. Anyone seen it?

I'm so psyched!

Dude, the DVD has been out for almost 10 years!

I'm excited because I've just gotten tickets to see Interstella 5555 at the Planetarium

Wow i am jealous. Would be be quite an experience to see the film (mainly listen to the music :3) in a planetarium. Please let us know how that goes.

Dude, the DVD has been out for almost 10 years!

yeah, I'm actually surprised you HAVEN'T seen it yet. That said, I'd love to see it on a massive IMAX screen.

Wow i am jealous. Would be be quite an experience to see the film (mainly listen to the music :3) in a planetarium. Please let us know how that goes.

What can I say??!! Totally out of touch with the times I am.

I'm kinda happy though that I'll get to see it for the first time on the big screen though. It's very, very rare that I can get to do that with anime.

I'll gladly letcha know how it went.

Going back in time & watching/reading Hellsing. Definitely my anti-Twilight.

I'd read the manga, though i said just before Hellsing Ultimate started that i'll read it after that's finished. What a terrible decision that was. :p

I know its pretty late and all and most of you have seen it and talked about it but I just finished watching You Shall not Advance and MF Movie and WOW

I Am so impressed. The quality of animation is superb. I have re-watched both at least 3 times in the last two days. Always some detail you missed. MF movie's story line wasn't so bad as I thought it would be. I was hoping they would close of the love triangle between alto and the two songstress fairies. I wish they also gave us more information on the bug aliens. But I enjoyed it a lot.

Evangelion was intelligent as usual. I like how they concentrated on explaining the ways in which humanity went to survive and make sure its sea life also continues. But if Seele and Nerv wanted to bring the end of life via instrumentality why bother preserving the planets animals and restore the oceans from LCL??

Edited by Snail00

I know its pretty late and all and most of you have seen it and talked about it but I just finished watching You Shall not Advance and MF Movie and WOW

I Am so impressed. The quality of animation is superb. I have re-watched both at least 3 times in the last two days. Always some detail you missed. MF movie's story line wasn't so bad as I thought it would be. I was hoping they would close of the love triangle between alto and the two songstress fairies. I wish they also gave us more information on the bug aliens. But I enjoyed it a lot.

Evangelion was intelligent as usual. I like how they concentrated on explaining the ways in which humanity went to survive and make sure its sea life also continues. But if Seele and Nerv wanted to bring the end of life via instrumentality why bother preserving the planets animals and restore the oceans from LCL??

Seele & Nerv's goals were not the same. And neither wanted to bring an end to life.

Panty & Stocking Ep 6: finally their demon opposites pop up, complete with the return of the angel transformation, and a brand new demon transformation sequence. I can't wait to see what kinda epic crazy sh!t this series is going to end with.

Edited by Keith

Panty & Stocking Ep 6: finally they're demon opposites pop up, complete with the return of the angel transformation, and a brand new demon transformation sequence. I can't wait to see what kinda epic crazy sh!t this series is going to end with.

Could easily tell that Gainax's A team worked on this episode. Such smooth and solid animation during the sister's battle in the second half. Gainax sure do deliver.

As advertised I watched Interstella 5555 at the IMAX screen in the local planetarium. All I can say is that the mix of visuals and music, narrating a story without dialogue, was absolutely mesmerizing. It reminded me not so much of other anime, but more the likes of Fantasia and such. It must have an incredible challenge for the films production team to be able to make the images fit in with the music. And the Leiji Matusumoto character designs are a beauty to behold, even when they are 10 meters tall on that giant screen.

I wish I could always watch anime in that format. Just thinking about the possibility of watching something like Rebuild of Evangelion in that setting makes me go wobbly at the knees.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I'd love to watch such a film on a IMAX screen. Was there a reason it happened at all? Like a special occasion?

Started watching Super Dimension Century Orguss this evening, which i'm enjoyed quite a bit. I'd say more about the first two episodes that i've seen, though at the moment i'm pretty mesmerized by Mimsy's arse.