What are the words you don't want to hear in a sci-fi show?

Wanzerfan

A Harmony Gold production...

More like... "this was created by "Dr. Macek, of Harmony Gold Industries, you may want to request if his team have additional material to create more. lord only knows, if we aim to survive against these 'crustacean/slug' looking cratures and their mecha. We need more robots and technology that goes with them... We need! Robotech!"

-or-

"Stealth"

Here's a line I would not mind hearing: "Some times I think that god created humanity just to see how much we can take before we all go jumping off the deep end."

Edited by Dangaioh

It has dawned on me that I have strong dislike for the words "science fiction" in general. It's a borderline oxymoron if you think about it, as science is based on facts confirmed by experimentation.

I suggest the label, "Imagination Theater" be used instead.

"...It's bigger on the inside!?"

((I lie, that still appeals to my sense of humour))

That would apply to any Dr. Who show, past or present.

Another Star Wars moment.

"And I thought they smelled bad..."

*a few gasps*

"...on the outside."

And the suprising thing about that scene is that a lightsaber was used by a non-Force-Sensitive without slicing himself open.

That would apply to any Dr. Who show, past or present.

Another Star Wars moment.

"And I thought they smelled bad..."

*a few gasps*

"...on the outside."

And the suprising thing about that scene is that a lightsaber was used by a non-Force-Sensitive without slicing himself open.

why is that surprising? It's not like they use the force to keep the beam straight or anything. And it wasn't like he was fencing with it, just used it to cut the snow lizard open.

You guys are beating up on SW WAY too much. If you quote JarJar, then ok.

Actually, the "Weesa gonna die?" quote from the South Park movie and the "sparkley and the glowy" bit from Robot Chicken are the only two times I can honestly say I look forward to Jar Jar.

All the other times though? Open season as far as I'm concerned.

why is that surprising? It's not like they use the force to keep the beam straight or anything. And it wasn't like he was fencing with it, just used it to cut the snow lizard open.
I was going by the roleplaying game. In the West End Games version (2nd. Edition, Revised), the rules for non Force-sensitive characters wielding a lightsaber are brutal.

I was going by the roleplaying game. In the West End Games version (2nd. Edition, Revised), the rules for non Force-sensitive characters wielding a lightsaber are brutal.

that's dumb, I get if they're trying to deflect blaster bolts or some such, but otherwise it's just a glow in the dark sword.

that's dumb, I get if they're trying to deflect blaster bolts or some such, but otherwise it's just a glow in the dark sword.
You never met a roleplaying game rules lawyer, have you?

Back on track...

"Landing thrusters, landing thrusters. Where would I be if I were a landing thruster? This or nothing."

Gotta love Londo Malari.

You never met a roleplaying game rules lawyer, have you?

Back on track...

"Landing thrusters, landing thrusters. Where would I be if I were a landing thruster? This or nothing."

Gotta love Londo Malari.

It's still stupid. Its like saying if you use a sniper rifle and your not a sniper or have sniper abilities then the gun is going to backfire upon you when fired.

"If only we had >insert item that is supposed to be rare but is not due to the cache found in close proximity< we could dtand a chance"

"Before your execution, I wish to reveal my entire secret plan to you and then leave you badly gaurded so your friends can rescue you, curry you back to your rebel base where you will give them the plans to this battle station and then, rather than destroy the planet that the moon where your rebel base is orbits, thereby ensuring the moon's and the base's destruction, I will begin an elaborate 60 minute count-down in which time your forces will manage to all die while attacking my battle station, except for one fellow who happened to have experience shooting squirrels in the desert and therefore, without the use of a computer, going March 3, will manage to fire to proton torpedos into a three foot long shaft, and those torpedos will hit the main reactor in my battle station and blow me up."

"Now that I have terrified you with this vision - tell me what I want to know!"

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

Protip: Attempting to apply anything from an RPG, especially a pen and paper RPG, to real life, is equal to absolute failure at life. The same goes for attempting to apply anything from a "licensed" property (such as pen & paper rrpg's, "novels," etc) to the original movie source material, is inanely stupid.