hehe ^_^

I am having trouble finding this to order. Seems like the sellers on Amazaon.co.jp won't ship internationally. My other usual sources don't seem to have it listed. :(

Would you have the ISBN number? Maybe I can set up a subscription with my local Japanese bookstore, although it is kind of small. They don't carry much manga/anime related items.

hehe ^_^

I am having trouble finding this to order. Seems like the sellers on Amazaon.co.jp won't ship internationally. My other usual sources don't seem to have it listed. :(

Would you have the ISBN number? Maybe I can set up a subscription with my local Japanese bookstore, although it is kind of small. They don't carry much manga/anime related items.

I *think* the ISBN is 4910124021019. The Amazon number is ASIN: B005KLQO22.

The amazon.co.jp page is here: http://www.amazon.co.jp/ニュータイプ-エース-Vol-1-2011年-10月号/dp/B005KLQO22/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316787337&sr=8-1

I ordered mine from cdjapan. Nice website in english and they ship internationally.

I noticed they had it, but unfortunately Vol 1 is sold out. I was able to get a copy directly from another bookstore by e-mailing them. I need to keep a better watch for it in the future so I won't miss the boat.

• 2 weeks later...

So...second issue of Newtype Ace is out today, and it's official: I don't like this magazine.

Monthly, ¥580, nearly 750 pages...and yet, there are only a few pages that I actually care about.

This issue:

1. News about the Sayonara no Tsubasa DVD and Blu-Ray (as well as "Macross Last Frontier"), and some figures that are coming out, as well as a blurb for the fanclub event early next year.

2. Macross the First is a reprint of the first half of Chapter 8. Lame.

3. Macross Plus: TAC Name has returned, and is as lackluster as ever.

Once again, I wish the Macross Ace editors could've gotten their act together and made a really GOOD Macross magazine...but, alas... :(

Edited by Gubaba

• 1 month later...

Macross the First is now officially gettin' BIZARRE (not that that's a bad thing...)

1. More Kamujin vs. Max-in-Tomahawk action

2. The Mars gravity mines are REALLY damn effective - and Minmay jokes about it.

3. Ummm...wait a sec...

3. Uh...you SURE want to know...?

3. Okay...the Mars Base staff is ALIVE. Including Riber.

Macross the First is now officially gettin' BIZARRE (not that that's a bad thing...)

2. The Mars gravity mines are REALLY damn effective - and Minmay jokes about it.

3. Ummm...wait a sec...

Any color pics of the SDF-1?

3. Ummm...wait a sec...

tumblr_lqubk41d0o1qc10bho4_500.gif

Edited by Einherjar

3. Ummm...wait a sec...

Riber is alive, because he will be killed. When is capture with Misa and others for the Zentradi fleet. FIRST CONTACT!

Is a good idea, no?

:)

Riber is alive, because he will be killed. When is capture with Misa and others for the Zentradi fleet. FIRST CONTACT!

:)

I think he is going to take the place of Minmay's cousin in Misa's affection. Her getting a crush on Kaifun(?) was one of the weaker bits of the story. If Riber ends up being slightly loony, or his anti-soldier feelings start rubbing Misa the wrong way then anything can happen, and it is more plausible since Misa had a crush on him since she was young.

Edited by Dynaman

So is MtF the new cannon? A device to bring it more in-line with the post-DYRL Macross universe (a universe filled with giant monsters, song energy weapons, and furry semi-sentient rodent buddies)?....

.....or simply just another ploy at taking our money! :lol:

Speaking of taking our money..........where's Yamato with that MtF SDF-1 and VF-1J!!!!!!!!! Graham?

Since Gundam The Origin Anime is in the making, may be Macross The First will follow.

Maybe. But we don't know what format Gundam The Origin is coming out as (OAV? TV Series?). Nor do we know how well it's going to do. All we can do is wait and see.