VF-1A Low Vis Vr.1 for $250? Yes please!!!

sigma20xx

Wow! After months and months of searching and patience I finally got a 1/48 VF-1A Low Vis Limited Eidition for a non astronomical price. One showed up on ebay for $250 with shipping included. How great is that?! Everywhere I looked for this thing, it was like $300+ and you had to pay shipping with that. Happy days oh happy days. It's condition is MIB. My collection of 1/48 stuffs is almost complete. I had no hopes of getting this thing, but at that price, I couldn't pass it up. There is another on ebay that's been there for some time now. I'd periodically check on that one to see if anyone has picked it up, but it's still there. This particular one started out at like $350. Over the past 2 months since I've been watching it like a hawk undecided on if I was going to get it or not, it's dropped to $314. If your a serious collector unlike myself who couldn't possibly afford something like that, you might want to check it out. Once again I'm happy as hell and I think some congrads are in order.

Edited by sigma20xx

Wow! After months and months of searching and patience I finally got a 1/48 VF-1A Low Vis Limited Eidition for a non astronomical price. One showed up on ebay for $250 with shipping included. How great is that?! Everywhere I looked for this thing, it was like $300+ and you had to pay shipping with that. Happy days oh happy days. It's condition is MIB. My collection of 1/48 stuffs is almost complete. I had no hopes of getting this thing, but at that price, I couldn't pass it up. There is another on ebay that's been there for some time now. I'd periodically check on that one to see if anyone has picked it up, but it's still there. This particular one started out at like $350. Over the past 2 months since I've been watching it like a hawk undecided on if I was going to get it or not, it's dropped to $314. If your a serious collector unlike myself who couldn't possibly afford something like that, you might want to check it out. Once again I'm happy as hell and I think some congrads are in order.

It's a good deal I guess because that is the lowest I have seen. I won't even touch anything on 1/48 though because the line is never going to be complete like V2. I guess this is also the reason it never get sold like it used to be above $300.

It's a good deal I guess because that is the lowest I have seen. I won't even touch anything on 1/48 though because the line is never going to be complete like V2. I guess this is also the reason it never get sold like it used to be above $300.

What do you mean the 1/48 line won't be complete? I thought once you got all the main characters that you'd pretty much be done.

I had two for sale awhile back. Sold one for $300 shipped, and the other for $250 both MIB. They were sold a couple months apart, and the decline of them was quick. I think anyone trying to sell them for more than $300 is gonna have a difficult time selling it, but then again, you were looking at one for awhile and almost bit it seems. Glad you got a good deal on it. I was never a 1/48 collector, but those, and the Roy Focker VF-1S weathered were two that I had at one point.

I'm glad they went to 1/60 scale, otherwise, I wouldn't be buying VF-1s at all.

I had two for sale awhile back. Sold one for $300 shipped, and the other for $250 both MIB. They were sold a couple months apart, and the decline of them was quick. I think anyone trying to sell them for more than $300 is gonna have a difficult time selling it, but then again, you were looking at one for awhile and almost bit it seems. Glad you got a good deal on it. I was never a 1/48 collector, but those, and the Roy Focker VF-1S weathered were two that I had at one point.

I'm glad they went to 1/60 scale, otherwise, I wouldn't be buying VF-1s at all.

I don't know why but I never get myself interested in 1/48 at all even though I can find some of pieces real cheap. Probably the proportion of it never look right to me, and the size is way too big. Another major concern is they never get it done with complete line.

I don't buy every single release of a toy (unless it's Mospeada) so I don't really care if the 1/48s will never have a CF-1J or something like that. The LV1 is a beautiful toy and definitely amongst my favorite Yamato releases ever. It's vastly superior to the LVIII VF-1S. $250 is a good price.

I just recently started my 1/48 collection. Once I have them all, they'll be strictly for display. I'll get the 1/60 models to play with. They all seem to be going for $100 regardless of which one you get. Sure the limited edition model doesn't have the best color scheme, but I got it dammit. I'm just sorry that I'm just now getting into collecting them. I've always been a fan of the macross series but I never got around to doing research on buying the actual toys. A few years back, a friend of mine went out and got all of the masterpiece collection valks. I almost followed suite but it slipped my mind. Then another friend of mine came over to my house one day and saw Jetfire sitting on the mantle all alone, armored up and ready for action. This sparked our conversation about valks and trying to see if anything was out there.

The rest is history. Since July, I have managed to get super Max, Miria and Hikaru, VF1-A woodland, angel bird, stealth, mass production, GBP armor, Urban armor, clear fast pack covers, 25 anny valk, Hayao DYRL, limited edition low vis (in the mail) and a VF-OS with ghost. So far, this has all cost me $1721.80. I don't think I'm doing to bad. All I need to get now is a 25th anny VF-19, Roy DYRL, a set of super and strike parts and some woodland armor. Save is being nice enough to help me out with those. I know this isn't the definitive complete collection by far, but those are the particular models that I'm after. I chose the DYRL versions for Roy and Hayao because I like the color as opposed to the TV versions. Maybe if I had started collecting these back in 07' when they were first released, they wouldn't have cost me so much. Oh well.

As for those of you that were able to get the low vis limited for less than $250, I tip my hats off to you. I wish I could have been that lucky, but I just didn't see it happening so I had to go for this one. I'm sure one of you wouldn't have been willing to part with yours for less than $250 now would you? :rolleyes:

Edited by sigma20xx

Congratulations for getting a good deal.

Good thing you did not follow your friend towards the MPC route. I'm sure you would have regretted it big time. Welcome to authentic Valkyries, instead of "very-tech-y" planes! ( :D ) . $1721.80 and counting my friend! ;)

Edited by BlueMax

I just recently started my 1/48 collection. Once I have them all, they'll be strictly for display. I'll get the 1/60 models to play with. They all seem to be going for $100 regardless of which one you get. Sure the limited edition model doesn't have the best color scheme, but I got it dammit. I'm just sorry that I'm just now getting into collecting them. I've always been a fan of the macross series but I never got around to doing research on buying the actual toys. A few years back, a friend of mine went out and got all of the masterpiece collection valks. I almost followed suite but it slipped my mind. Then another friend of mine came over to my house one day and saw Jetfire sitting on the mantle all alone, armored up and ready for action. This sparked our conversation about valks and trying to see if anything was out there.

The rest is history. Since July, I have managed to get super Max, Miria and Hikaru, VF1-A woodland, angel bird, stealth, mass production, GBP armor, Urban armor, clear fast pack covers, 25 anny valk, Hayao DYRL, limited edition low vis (in the mail) and a VF-OS with ghost. So far, this has all cost me $1721.80. I don't think I'm doing to bad. All I need to get now is a 25th anny VF-19, Roy DYRL, a set of super and strike parts and some woodland armor. Save is being nice enough to help me out with those. I know this isn't the definitive complete collection by far, but those are the particular models that I'm after. I chose the DYRL versions for Roy and Hayao because I like the color as opposed to the TV versions. Maybe if I had started collecting these back in 07' when they were first released, they wouldn't have cost me so much. Oh well.

As for those of you that were able to get the low vis limited for less than $250, I tip my hats off to you. I wish I could have been that lucky, but I just didn't see it happening so I had to go for this one. I'm sure one of you wouldn't have been willing to part with yours for less than $250 now would you? :rolleyes:

It's great that your getting 1/48s, it's great scale to collect. Also, you're doing great considering what you have gotten averages pretty well. Just for future reference, you should keep a far more keen eye out for what you want.

I had already purchased an LV1 for about 300.00 two years ago, and still wanted another. Due to the exhorbitant prices these command I decided to be patient and wait. My patience paid off...

A few days ago I scored this...LV1 for $300 - Includes shipping, Strike Pack, and GBP-1S. Mind you I was saving this for other purchases, but this was just too good to pass up.

Just be patient and look hard, even in places (or titles) you wouldn't normally look under.

You will be greatly rewarded.

Currently a lot of MW members are dumping their 1/48s for the 1/60 V2. Just know that most are used, but what the hell, does it really matter if you can get them all at a great price and decent condition?

Welcome to MW.

It's great that your getting 1/48s, it's great scale to collect. Also, you're doing great considering what you have gotten averages pretty well. Just for future reference, you should keep a far more keen eye out for what you want.

I had already purchased an LV1 for about 300.00 two years ago, and still wanted another. Due to the exhorbitant prices these command I decided to be patient and wait. My patience paid off...

A few days ago I scored this...LV1 for $300 - Includes shipping, Strike Pack, and GBP-1S. Mind you I was saving this for other purchases, but this was just too good to pass up.

Just be patient and look hard, even in places (or titles) you wouldn't normally look under.

Currently a lot of MW members are dumping their 1/48s for the 1/60 V2. Just know that most are used, but what the hell, does it really matter if you can get them all at a great price and decent condition?

Welcome to MW.

Ok, I hate you now. ^_^ How the hell did I miss that?! This is what I get for not checking ebay everyday. You definitely got a great deal there. You know, I think I did see it, but since it was just the picture of the valk, I passed on it. None of the extra stuff was listed in the title of the auction, so I just took it as the valk itself going for $300. Good find though, really good. I is the jealous. :angry:B))

Ok, I hate you now. ^_^ How the hell did I miss that?! This is what I get for not checking ebay everyday. You definitely got a great deal there. You know, I think I did see it, but since it was just the picture of the valk, I passed on it. None of the extra stuff was listed in the title of the auction, so I just took it as the valk itself going for $300. Good find though, really good. I is the jealous. :angry:B))

Check your PM.

I got my VF-1 Low Viz back in the day for $100 when no one wanted it ^_^

I remember seing it going for $80 at Toy-Wave!!!

It's incredible how this VF-1 was a shelf warmer for a long time and then the latecomers had to pay big amounts of $$$ to get it :wacko:

I got my VF-1 Low Viz back in the day for $100 when no one wanted it ^_^ I remember seing it going for $80 at Toy-Wave!!! It's incredible how this VF-1 was a shelf warmer for a long time and then the latecomers had to pay big amounts of $$$ to get it :wacko:
As this was going on, I was still on the fence about transitioning from the old school 80s 1/55 Takatoku and Bandai. The whole Yamato 1/48 line did not seem to appeal to me at the time. And by the time I had money to spare for my 1st VF-1S DYRL H Ichijo, man I was instantly sold.

Unfortunately, I had to fork out for the premium prices for my very 1st LV1. And I'm so looking for that day for an LV1 of 1/60 V2....

Welcome to MW.

Ah, so you got the other one. Have you gotten yours yet? I was a little worried about the deal being TOO good.

Hopefully you used the bing cash back to get at least 8% back.

Ah, so you got the other one. Have you gotten yours yet? I was a little worried about the deal being TOO good.

Hopefully you used the bing cash back to get at least 8% back.

Mine is in it's way.

No, didn't use the bing cash back but I did negotiate the price to pay $250.00 and not the actual $300.00. ;)

Mine is in it's way.

No, didn't use the bing cash back but I did negotiate the price to pay $250.00 and not the actual $300.00. ;)

Hey man, your gonna have to stop twisting that knife in my leg. :angry: YOU'VE MADE YOUR POINT, YOU GOT A BETTER DEAL THAN ME, WE ALL GET IT!!! NOW GET OUT OF HERE!!!

Taking my thunder and stuff. j/k B))

Edited by sigma20xx

Sorry for gloating.

Damn I offered $250 also but she didn't take it. When I saw the other set sold I panicked and use the bing to buy it.

Damn you guys are some cheap basitds! I mean, I'm all for a getting a great deal, which $300 for those three pieces were a steal, but come on, losing out for the sake of saving fifty more bucks? There is something inherently wrong and greedy here fellas. I can do nothing but celebrate the awesome catch, but I would have been all over that deal for $300. :blink:

Damn you guys are some cheap basitds! I mean, I'm all for a getting a great deal, which $300 for those three pieces were a steal, but come on, losing out for the sake of saving fifty more bucks? There is something inherently wrong and greedy here fellas. I can do nothing but celebrate the awesome catch, but I would have been all over that deal for $300. :blink:

This has nothing to do with being greedy. If the option on an auction item is listed as either "Buy It Now" or "Best Offer", which would you choose?

Please don't turn this thread into something it isn't.

And just to put it out there I will also be recieving a second, yes second LV1, for a ridiculously low price from this very same seller.

Greedy, I think not.