Millia and Misa Figures

Francisco Caceres

• 2 weeks later...

Well - yeah... they do seem a bit cheeky :)

But I'm still at the stage where I can't even build a wall out of legos let alone craft something like this so...I bow down in awe before your might..

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

I didn't want to say anything because he was already in the casting process. I've worked with Sculpey before. It was my favorite material but I've since moved on to wax. It's a bit more tricky but once you get the hang of it, it beats sculpey by a mile.

Great detail in Milia's flight suit with all the bunching up in the back of her knees and everywhere else. I agree with Exo that her cheeks are a bit full but overall great job.

And please post more pics of Misa. Nice helmet...is it big enough to get on her head?

Wow! lots of comments! thank you very much everybody, i'm a little behind schedule regarding the casts of the copies since i'm producing another kit right now, Regarding the face, i didn't wanted to go for the usual anime-esque face, specially since i am used to sculpt other types of features, for example:

P1010006.jpg

(a wax bust of Wolvie i've been practicing with)

Imagen020.jpg

(a Supergirl statue we did at the workshop)

so it was fun trying to make this faces, but now i don't feel so pleased with the results now (but i still don't think they look fat :D ) so i'm going to make a quick wax transfer of the faces next week to try and refine them, and the rest will be casted as it is. soon more pictures, and thanks for watching!

Edited by Francisco Caceres

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody, i've been very busy for the time being, but i made some changers to the figures: Misa has a new head more anime style, and the arm holding the helmet now has it ebraced against her hip, also the helmet has a brand new interior, here are the pictures:

P1010009.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010015.jpg

P1010016.jpg

please comment! more pictures of Milia next.

Great work there.

I am loving the Misa figure. The body sculpt looks fantastic. The only critical comment I have is about the face. The mouth is too low on the face and the nose too long vertically for my taste. The nose portion seems to take up a bit too much of the face. Other than that this figure is looking amazing!

now I Must first start off by saying these are great works and Sculpting I have done in the past and no where near as good as these but as an artist or a student of art I must say the feel of the Milia character is all good until you get to the Face. I believe it has to do with more of the shape and mainly the eyes. I don't get the feel of Milia from it. It seems more like the suit with some other head attached to me.

Just an honest opinion and such. I don't want to discredit your talent far from it. There is tons of talent there. But as a observer to the Milia Figure that is the feeling I get when I look at it.

Heads are definitely better on both, but still a bit too long/tall I think--maybe the nose specifically?

There's a section of Milia's hair that I think is off---can't describe so I'll just point it out. Almost looks kind of like a bowl-cut there.

Milia's waist seems slightly too barrel-shaped. I would taper it in more RIGHT above the belt. Also, I would thicken the lower part of the thigh, right above the knee---too cylindrical in that area---should be more conical.

Finally--smaller ankles. If you're really going for "matching the anime" instead of "more realistic" I think the ankles should be smaller. Also, there should be more folds/wrinkles in the boot at the ankle---the fabric is really bunched up there according to the most "official" drawing I have of Milia in this outfit. Also I would make the foot part of the boot shaped more like a woman's shoe---you've got a more "practical" design--basically needs to be smaller and more pointed. More "dainty".

• 2 months later...

Very nice figures! I figured that once they were painted up the likenesses would 'click'. I like your take on the characters. There is a good resemblance and you have kept a distinct style. Kudos on these. It's good to see more fan made macross figures. Thanks for showing these off.

Edited by Chas

• 5 weeks later...