ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

Blasphemy!!!

No, seriously they both look great. I'm siding with the original though. I agree that the repaint is a little too monochromatic. If her outfit was a different color I'd go repaint.

which looks better? The original, or the repaint?

attachicon.gifFIGURE-014738.jpgattachicon.gifFIGURE-016486.jpg

I was thinking about that last night going back and forth between images. I think the original. Maybe if they did more with the tan version. I think I like the tan version's base coloring a bit more.

It's been a while since someone's made a 1/6th Motoko. The folks at Wave are giving her Arise variant a go.

www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-016747&page=top

FIGURE-016747.jpg

Expensive too. Lucky for me I don't like the Arise version that much. Maybe they will go backwards and make a movie and SAC version after.

wow! that Titan looks mega! I bought the original Atlas figure they had on promo when the game initially released but sold it off. Made a little profit on it too! But geez I haven't played that game in a while now.. after my big screen died it just never looked the same..

never played the game but i knew about the Atlas when it went for PO. passed on that because the design looked too "humanoid".

being a non-player, i never heard of the Stryder previously, much less that ThreeZero made a sequel to the Atlas.

there was just this big box behind the counter when i was paying for my other orders, and so i asked what it was.

robot love at first sight.

quick check that it was a little under BBTS price and much less than HLJ, next thing i knew i was carrying it out of the store.

really got to keep this buying impulse in check.

sadly, i cannot display it yet until the mezzanine is finished, or the house for that matter.

Edited by Major Focker

I can't find this on MFC or any retailer besides AmiAmi, but it looks so pretty:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-017062

FIGURE-017061_zpsjsgddwh0.jpg

anyways...

this is probebly the most rediculous figure set ever. I kind of want it because Marie Mamiya is awesome, but it's a bit much

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-017092

FIGURE-017092_01_zpsdryx8v3r.jpg

I can't find this on MFC or any retailer besides AmiAmi, but it looks so pretty:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-017062

FIGURE-017061_zpsjsgddwh0.jpg

anyways...

this is probebly the most rediculous figure set ever. I kind of want it because Marie Mamiya is awesome, but it's a bit much

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-017092

FIGURE-017092_01_zpsdryx8v3r.jpg

LOL. That my friend, is what dreams are made of. Well, mine anyway...

I would like to ask a question of the experts here. I am interested in the Bandai Gundam Fix Figuartion Metal Composite #1005 Zeta Plus A1/C1 Hummingbird (bst) and the Gundam Fix Figuration #0017 Zeta Plus A1/C1 Hummingbird (bst). I know that the GFF Metal Composite is 1/100 scale, and I have watched a video review from CollectionDX, but what I would really like to know is what is the difference between the two and what is the quality of the figures? I really only have a small budget for my "extra toys" and I love the look of the design, but will the non-metal composite figure be so far inferior to the metal composite figure? I would like to have both, realistically, but want to know the quality. Please let me know. thanks!

Twich

I would like to ask a question of the experts here. I am interested in the Bandai Gundam Fix Figuartion Metal Composite #1005 Zeta Plus A1/C1 Hummingbird (bst) and the Gundam Fix Figuration #0017 Zeta Plus A1/C1 Hummingbird (bst). I know that the GFF Metal Composite is 1/100 scale, and I have watched a video review from CollectionDX, but what I would really like to know is what is the difference between the two and what is the quality of the figures? I really only have a small budget for my "extra toys" and I love the look of the design, but will the non-metal composite figure be so far inferior to the metal composite figure? I would like to have both, realistically, but want to know the quality. Please let me know. thanks!

Twich

hi,

For Gundam action figure new, questions, and discussion we have a dedicated thread which my be more helpful: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29348&page=56

I've got the regular GFF #017 humming bird; I honestly wouldn't recommend it. first off it's 1/144 so it's pretty tiny compared to the metal composite. The big problem though is in it's construction. It's made from a very soft plastic (like all regular GFF figures) and has a ton of small parts to build it in the different configurations, which makes it a pain in the butt to handle. The joint tolerances and parts fit is really poor, so it's really hard to pose and pretty much any attempt to handle the toy will result in it falling to bits.

Sorry, didn't know this was the anime girl with small waist and obligatory huge rack thread. But I enjoyed what I saw, does that make me bad? LOL!

Thank You anime52k8, I appreciate your assessment of the figure in question (regular GFF)!

Twich

insta-buy strikes again.

me and my wallet were blissfully unaware of these.

honestly, i don't know if i should thank you guys or curse you.

but damn they look gorgeous!

Poi!

Hehehe :D

To be fair, I didn't know these were a thing until they showed up on amiami. I've been wanting a Yuudachi ever since I saw the anime though, so poi!

Not a figure (yet) but the very first official American Kantai girl has been introduced, and it's the USS Iowa! I can't wait to have as many figures as possible of her. Just look at all that freedom and liberty... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Iowa_2_zpsi8ohdmwo.jpg