Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

Does that mean it's only a matter of time before Peaugh's skeletons creep out of the closet? :ph34r:

Peaugh knows better than that. He's happily married with a daughter who also does toy reviews on his channel. Sean Long, on the other hand, has just about every description that would get him into trouble. The tattoos all over his arms, the piercings on his face, the constant shaking of his fingers whenever he holds a toy up close (though it could be just a caffeine buzz), etc. I personally wouldn't outright judge him based on his appearance, but I figured that his on-screen antics would somehow lead to this recent scandal.

The response video is aweeeeeesssooooooommmee. He's reading nonsense off of a script, pretty much admits that he was inappropriate in front of the kid, and tries to dump some blame back on the naysayers. I don't follow Youtube drama and can't stand the people on the site in general, but this guy seems extra creepy.

i got TFA Arcee, and she is ...good. Artic is nice, posing is great and the alt Mode is OK, but her general design doesnt work for me in person. i cant quite put my finger on what I dont like, but the toy is just a good and not a great for me.

Now bring me Hotrod Hasbro!!!

i got TFA Arcee, and she is ...good. Artic is nice, posing is great and the alt Mode is OK, but her general design doesnt work for me in person. i cant quite put my finger on what I dont like, but the toy is just a good and not a great for me.

Now bring me Hotrod Hasbro!!!

I just missed Arcee this weekend at TRU. Went shortly after they opened and they had four Ratchets that were just put out that morning, but all the Arcees were already gone. <_< I've got the Japanese version preordered as a backup, even though I'm not sure if I'll like the metallogloss finish.

As for Hot Rod/Rodimus, yeah, he can't be released soon enough.

Looks like more than half of the mass of the upgrade parts goes to the battle platform thingy. Wish they would make a "just the little parts that make robot Rodimus awesome looking and save big $$$ not getting the rest of the plastic" version.

Looks like more than half of the mass of the upgrade parts goes to the battle platform thingy. Wish they would make a "just the little parts that make robot Rodimus awesome looking and save big $$$ not getting the rest of the plastic" version.

How would it transform into Space-Winnebago then? You guys can't complain about FP upgrading the Rodimus design based on exactly how he worked in the original toy.

He NEEDS to be a space winnebago, thats just part of the fun! I don't really mind the head sculpt but if they are basing the colors off of henkei Hot Rod then I'm screwed since I only have the classics version.

How would it transform into Space-Winnebago then? You guys can't complain about FP upgrading the Rodimus design based on exactly how he worked in the original toy.

would be nice if there was an uber mode a'la galaxy convoy where all the rest of the stuff attached.

Yup. Vehicle mode is 2x as big as it should be, and for what? It's kind of ironic--now we have vehicle-mode kibble!

Ultra Magnus was almost as bad---if that gun was smaller, or just plain absent--it would have made a much better car carrier. Instead, it's a truck hauling a cube 3x as big as itself.

I want trailers, not cubes!

PS--G1 Rodimus sucked, and we all know it. Heck, most of us realized that when we were like 7 years old, and we had pretty low standards then. (I know I owned a lot of G1 figures that I now realize were pretty bad---yet I never wanted Rodimus based on how sucky he looked in the catalogs). Copying/homaging the G1 toy is NOT a good thing.

PS--G1 Rodimus sucked, and we all know it. Heck, most of us realized that when we were like 7 years old, and we had pretty low standards then. (I know I owned a lot of G1 figures that I now realize were pretty bad---yet I never wanted Rodimus based on how sucky he looked in the catalogs). Copying/homaging the G1 toy is NOT a good thing.
True, I always thought the G1 Rodimus toy sucked. But that was because the toy was nowhere near as cool as he was in cartoon form. He was intended to be Hot Rod with a trailer...not the lazy hunk of plastic we ended up getting. FP's take on the toy is not only a good modernization (a'la Classics), but it also corrects the mistakes I felt were made by the original toy designers.

My only complaint so far is the gap between the top of the car and the part of the trailer that goes over the top of the car. They need to fill in that gap or something.

Um yeah AWESOME, my only complaint is that I have to wait so long for it. Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime has always been one of my favorite designs since i first saw the movie, with Springer being second, and now I have a proper Springer so bring on Rodimus Prime.

So sorry guys, but I could not watch the whole "flame" video. The guy looks too much like a douche, and it makes my sleepy. What is all this about? lol

I'm waiting for the MP Grimlock. I don't see many interesting formers lately, is it just me?

Anybody been reading IDW's Wreckers comic? I'm in a Wreckers mood, so I'm also wondering if anybody here has had experience with CM's Corp's Mugen Calibur? That discounted one at HLJ could make a good stand in for Roadbuster.

I have the Combat Calibur (the one with the armor) and while there are a couple weak points I find it to be a fine toy overall. It's a pretty rugged toy, really well made and durable. The transformation isn't much more complicated than the original. The articulation is better than the original with the hips being a weak spot. The hips lock into the groin in such a way that it really limits their forward and backward motion. However, you can pull the joints out a bit and cheat. Here's a CollectionDX review with more criticism than I can offer:

http://www.collectiondx.com/review/robot_t...a_mokei_version

mc5.jpg

mc13.jpg

mc14.jpg

1z4bryr.jpg

He needs bigger and more guns. Anybody have any suggestions for generic looking guns that would fit in his hands?

Here's some inspiration:

wreckersweapons1al8.jpg

I am told that Don Figueroa loves Roadbuster.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Guest sh002

it would be interesting if down the line fansproject made a kup, wheelie, and galvatron. are they making an arcee? that would be a cool tf movie classics/universe line of figures

Impossible Toys is doing a very G1 Arcee, and photos of the prototype have appeared here and there, but we've heard very little since late last year. Fans Project would probably want to avoid Wheelie and Galvatron given Hasbro made them recently.

I picked up ROTF Bludgeon the other day. I like.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Doesn't Impossible Toys make mostly terrible (and overpriced) products, tho?
True, but their Arcee was the best-looking fan-made Arcee yet. Though I wonder if being so very, very very close to Hasbro's copyrighted character model (while Hasbro is still selling Arcee products, including a G1-looking Animated Arcee) is the reason why Impossible Toys suddenly went silent.

Remember when Takara announced a new Masterpiece toy that was significant to the 2010 story arc? Then fans hoped it would mean a Hot Rod or even a Galvatron MP. Well I just had to laugh when I read about this: Dead OP. I just really hope this wasn't the MP Takara meant.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I at least thought another Seeker repaint was gonna follow Grimlock. But another PRIME repaint?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I at least thought another Seeker repaint was gonna follow Grimlock. But another PRIME repaint?

Well... there is MP-3G Ghost Starscream.

Since Grimlock we've had MP-8X King Grimlock and two variations of MP-1B Black Convoy.