SDF-1 Macross 1/2000 scale or smaller?

ruskiiVFaussie

Yamato reckon they might make it smaller, this cool?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Still going to be expensive anyways, extra 50 bucks (?) to keep it the big size is worth it right?

• Keep i 1/2000
    • Make it smaller
    • MAKE IT BIGGER!

:)

It's the Wave all over again, smaller for just as expensive costs, and feels like money not well spent, at least with BIG we feel like it's a decent enough deal?

gallery_3118_340_60080.jpg

Almost looks like the TV SDF-1 in this pic, but anyways besides the point that's around 1/2000 scale!! :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Graham master flash has mentioned that Yamato is considering doing this in a smaller scale. So it IS the Yamato one that this poll is about.

I say they keep it at the 1/2000 scale. I personally can not afford one but even if it was smaller I could not afford one. I never got the WAVE one either but if Money floats my way when this comes out I would want it and I would want it BIG!!!!

I would have to know what scale but it would still have to be larger than the wave. My vote is for the 1/2000 scale but something a little bit larger than the Macross quarter that Bandai is releasing wouldn't be bad either.

Thanks Mirya for clearing that up for me.

I voted "keep it 1/2000." Ideally, it should be 1/60 to be in scale with the Destroids and Valks - but that's unlikely, to put it modestly...

But a huge 1/2000 SDF-1 still has its' benefits. It would look great as a "far off" background Macross with all the 1/60 valkyrie in front of it and it just seems that something like this needs to be made.

That said - I think it needs to be a play set and have tons of features on it. It can't be the WAVE - but just bigger because the price is too high to make it appealing unless it's also going to have lots more play value.

Or it comes in TV colors with a blow-up Misa doll

Pete

I really want this as is, 1/2000. If it goes smaller, I'll just use the saved funds to buy some used valks out of the classifieds here or get another commissioned piece.

/got an awesome idea that was inspired by another member... :ph34r:

I was thinking of that too... people are saving up to buy this. If they make it smaller, I think it'll just become part of the buy list... orbackburner type thing. Not all that exciting to wait for a smaller toy.

First remember the level of detail and size they are aiming for:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&id=64909

And they want to sell it at 40,000 yen. But what if they can only do it at 60,000 yen and Japan only direct order limited? It will cost us over US$1,000 to get it via proxy, assuming they can handle something this big.

If they can retain a high level of detail I don't mind it being somewhat smaller and cheaper. It will increase the possibility of making a TV version.

CF18 good points there.

I think that the smallest it should be is 1/3000 scale like the old Takatoku and Matchbox versions. That is a nice size.

Whatever scale they make it, the thing is destined to cost a fortune. Sure at 1/2000 with international shipping it is going to cost a fortune. But at 1/3000 it is still going to be outrageously expensive though international shipping would be a bit more reasonable although still costly.

The 1/3000 scale may be more within more people's reach and would be very nice but if they do 1/2000 scale it will be extraordinarily unique as the only macross in that scale and that big (Aside from scratch built ones).

I say keep it at 1/2000. I like the scale and it`d give Fortress Maximus a run for "Biggest transforming toy". Max is cool and all and let`s face it, this SDF-1 is NOT intended as a child`s toy.

exactly, that's why most Japanese prefer 1/60 VF-1, and Bandai's 1/144 scale gundam is doing pretty well too.

Keep it at 1/2000. I know I complained, but I would like to eventually get around to purchasing a large detailed SDF replica. They may not have space in Japan, but there's plenty in Canada. :D The only issue is the cost...

Edited by Cent

I vote 1/2000 scale.

Ideally, I want it bigger to rival the 1metre long 1/350 Tamiya Enterprise carrier. But I doubt Yamato's will do so now. So just make it as it is originally meant to be - 1/2000. Any smaller and I will be putting it on my "KIV till spare cash is available" list rather than my "Gotta Have THEM ALL" list. :)

I voted same size. This thing has the potential to be legendary. Nobody is going to go "Holy shiat that thing is insane!" if it's sensibly sized now are they?

I don't understand all the whining about it being too big or too expensive. It would only consume as much space and money as two yf-21s.

Edited by Desty_Nova

First remember the level of detail and size they are aiming for:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&id=64909

And they want to sell it at 40,000 yen. But what if they can only do it at 60,000 yen and Japan only direct order limited? It will cost us over US$1,000 to get it via proxy, assuming they can handle something this big.

If they can retain a high level of detail I don't mind it being somewhat smaller and cheaper. It will increase the possibility of making a TV version.

Curse you and your logical ways! :(

That's all a lot of sensible points.... :(

Pete

if there is one toy that should be exempted from the usually sane and logical purchase decision process, it'll have to be this one. keep the detail and keep it at 1:2000. at smaller than 1:3000 it'll be too close to the yellow sub 1:4000 model and remove the incentive for some people to scale up, particularly those looking for centerpiece displays. yamato might want to consider concealed cord connection points so people can suspend it from the ceiling. space constraint solved! B))

I say keep it at 1/2000. I like the scale and it`d give Fortress Maximus a run for "Biggest transforming toy". Max is cool and all and let`s face it, this SDF-1 is NOT intended as a child`s toy.

Actually the part-former Jumbo Grade Zeta Gundam is probably a little taller than Fortress Maximus. The HLJ listing also give us a good starting point to guess the shipping price of a 1/2000 SDF-1 since that box size is close to an unboxed SDF-1.

And to expand my earlier point: What if they can keep the 1/2000 size and 40,000 yen price, but the SDF-1 can only retain basic detail like that Jumbo Zeta? The SDF-1 Movie version is the king of crazy surface detail of the 80s anime SF ship. If they have to choose between size and detail I would prefer to see great detail that match the size, instead of that up-scaled HGUC look on that Jumbo Zeta.

I just posted this in the other thread too...

You guys can talk all you want about how "uber-awesome" or whatever a 1/2000 scale SDF-1 would be, but realistically how many of you are going to fork over US$550 plus shipping for this?...

That is a good point but I think that a lot of people here have already started saving and are willing and able to fork it over.

This is what I would do if I was YAMATO...

1) Release the planned 1/2000 scale giant SDF-1 for those who have the space and money

2) Release a 1/3000 scale (like the size of the old Takatoku) DYRL SDF-1 for those who do not have the space and money

3) Release a 1/300 scale SDFM version SDF-1 as well.

I just posted this in the other thread too...

That is a good point but I think that a lot of people here have already started saving and are willing and able to fork it over.

This is what I would do if I was YAMATO...

1) Release the planned 1/2000 scale giant SDF-1 for those who have the space and money

2) Release a 1/3000 scale (like the size of the old Takatoku) DYRL SDF-1 for those who do not have the space and money

3) Release a 1/300 scale SDFM version SDF-1 as well.

I reiterate:

Please, Yamato?

I want this in 1/2000.

Anything smaller than this will lose it's awesomeness.

And for those without enough space, they can just

leave it in robot mode. If it can cut shipping costs,

maybe yamato can make the arms removable and

have it stowed below the main ship.

I would prefer the 1/2000 as well price wise will be just around the same. the problem will be the shipping cost but i am thinking... Why wouldn't they package it in a way that the toy would assemble a little so the box wouldn't be so huge and this way save money to buyers?

It could be smaller at 1/3000 or remain at the proposed 1/2000 scale, Don't really care as long as the thing is built like a tank, has metal in it, no cracks, No shotty plastic and is detailed up the A$$!! Do all of that I'll save my $$$ for it!!

If it is going to cost so much to send i'll get me mate to disengage the ARMDs, and hopefully that will make it alot nicer.

But don't care, i want a huge size SDF-1. sucks how we get 1/48's VF-1's and a pissy little WAVE 1/5000, which i still love and adore tho.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Agreed, I bought my WAVE SDF-1 when they 1st came out, I like it so-so. But something like the SDF-1, heaven forbid a Macross Frontier, expensive or not, should be a Big Toy at 1/3000 scale minimal... But 1/2000 is even better!!

Agreed, I bought my WAVE SDF-1 when they 1st came out, I like it so-so. But something like the SDF-1, heaven forbid a Macross Frontier, expensive or not, should be a Big Toy at 1/3000 scale minimal... But 1/2000 is even better!!

I am not sure about this poll...

Even by making a smaller scale SDF1, Yamato would might charge us the same money as 1/2000 scale! :lol:

Seriously, they might reduce the size just for the reason of retail space and transport cost. (not for the buyers)