Yamato 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru

EyE CaNdY

Hey guys, I'm new here..Been checking out the site for a while now..Well..I've been on and off collector of Macross/Robotech items for a while..Now I'm really thinking of settling down with some dedication towards collecting...

Thinking of the Hikaru VF-1S 1/48...

What do you guys think?

Sorry if this has been posted up for reviews..I'm new..haha..Yea I'm very unaware of these things..Thankz guys!

I'm sure someone will yell at you for some reason or another.

anyways... the 1/48 is the greatest toy of all time. If you only get one, I think the Hikaru vf-1s should be the one. it has all the fixes and QC issues worked out (aside from the airbrake, but hey) :angry:

Hikaru-shmikaru...I will never understand the fascination with him, or anything that has to do with him.

I strongly recommend that you try to find the 1/48 "Low Visibility" VF-1, as it truly is a "Low Availability" Valkyrie that bears a truly unique and remarkable color scheme. The price will probably be high, but in my opinion it is entirely worth it and easily comparable to 5 'Hik-1S's with DYRL and TV Fast Paks and a %50 off coupon for 1/48 scale GBP armor bundled with it for free.....

Edited by myk

I'm sure the Hikaru's VF-1S will be the cream of the crop for some collectors. But personally I'd much rather have a VF-1J than a Roy v2.0 (NOW with upgrades).

But if I had the extra $$$ I'd pick one up....... B))

*looks around

I told you what would happen if we had only 1 (Yes, 1! One, Une, Uno, Ein, Eén)

run loose :p:p:p:p

Welcome E. Candy

if you wish to start a modest collection, may I suggest the 1/60 Monster?

followed by a 1/60 Q-rau, and only after that buy ALL 1/48's (FastPack Equipped ofcourse)

in triplets, that way you can have them in all three modes

Oh then you need Displaycases, a rotating display, climatecontrol, burglar alert, weaponarsenal, etc, etc, etc, etc,.... You get the point :D

Hikaru-shmikaru...I will never understand the fascination with him, or anything that has to do with him.

Yeah! And while we're at it. . . what is the freakin' deal with that Luke Skywalker guy?!? It's not like he's the main character or anything. . .

And what's all this focus on Jesus by everyone who reads the Christian Bible? Give me Saint Mark any day!

:D:p:)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, what the hell!!! I have been all over lookin for the vf-1s hikaru and the -1j fast pack combo and haven't seen them. I posted before about the matter but am having no such luck finding the thread with the search engine.

**begins to cringe, slips into bad case of Ren's Space Rabies**

MUST...FIND...THEM!!!!! ...uhrg!

Ok, what the hell!!! I have been all over lookin for the vf-1s hikaru and the -1j fast pack combo and haven't seen them. I posted before about the matter but am having no such luck finding the thread with the search engine.

**begins to cringe, slips into bad case of Ren's Space Rabies**

MUST...FIND...THEM!!!!! ...uhrg!

Why don't you buy them from eBay or better yet Twin Moons Anime or Valkyrie-Exchange?

The 1S Hikaru was never my fav, but I did get one. I love it now, It has become the object of my fascination. The one I didn't quiet swallowed yet is the Max 1A. I'll wait for the 1J to be released(hopefully). I prefer the Full Blue Max, and of course, the cutifull Miria :D

ViC!

To b excact, I think getting a Hikaru 1S is like getting Roy in a bad @$$ red color, and it also looks great with Fast Packs! (Possible spoiler) :lol: Other than the fact the 1S is the lonely Valk taking care of Bodolza in the climax of DYRL.

vic! :blink:

Finally got mine today at F&S for $120 (box has two dings) and gotta say the 1S lovely. :p No paint sploches, canopy works fine, only the air brake is kinda loose, which is easily fixed with some masking tape for friction. It just needs its' own Strike FP set (hopefully on my 1S in less than a week), for that kick @ss look.

now that you've decided to get the VF-1s you have to get the fast pack as well.

it looks fabulous.but then again so does all the VF-1 1/48s

i keep telling myself that i'm going to skip a 1/48 release and start saving for retirement but its very difficult.........

i just have to sell my other toys.

funny i'm also a "soul of chogokin" collector and i found it very hard to justify purchasing the 4 EVA releases of the toy line but i did , it was the completist in me that actually forced me to buy it.

but the yamato 1/48s i don't even hesitate........i try to put up a futile atempt to fight the urge to purchase another 1/48 but before i do i've already pre-ordered the next one............

I've successfully resisted most of the 1/48s. Bang for the buck is too bad for import pricing. But think I might do the Hikaru VF-1S after all... already have the FAST packs waiting for it.

But that said, still some great deals on the Max -1A... just want it to get a little. bit. lower.

Yup, itll start that way, I started with the Low vis, now I have 2 of them and one of every other one out. The good thing is they hold thier value and some go up. Hell, I bought my Max for $89,,,,,,not too shabby and I bet I could get $89 out of it right now

Hi there, my 1st post thou being following for a long time.

thinking of getting 1/48 after trying to resist the temptation.... esp with the tv hands out.

just wondering if 1/48 vf-1s or vf-1j is better?? if i'm to get a 1s, i'll go for the focker but i already have a 1/60 focker..

anyway is the 1//48 vf-1s or vf-1j better?

Hi there, my 1st post thou being following for a long time.

thinking of getting 1/48 after trying to resist the temptation.... esp with the tv hands out.

Looks like you answered your own question, just go and get yourself the vf-1j. Neither the vf-1s or the vf-1j are better than the other, both are great toys. It just depends which head and paint scheme you prefer.

Sorry Blackjek, i just bought the last piece from Wondershowcase, Noel's shop :p

There is still one available at Action City Parco Bugis, its in C9++ condition with a bit of crease at the corner of the box, retailing at SGD $219.9 (USD $127.1). So hurry down and get it before its gone! :D Dun get it off ebay or yahoo auctions unless you really need to and abstain buying from some local retailers who offer horrendous price for the 1/48 Low Vis. If you have trouble getting one, im sure Noel will help you source for one at a reasonable price. Cant stand some of the local retailers here, jack up the price like nobody's business (they might as well go and rob), for all you know the 1/48 VF-1J is next as HLJ is low in stock.

Okie back to the topic, my opinion, this is what you should get first based on the availability of the 1/48 series:

1) 1/48 Low Vis

2) 1/48 VF-1S Reissue (Noel will bring them in again somewhere in december, so far to my knowledge he is the only retailer who is bring the reissues in. Why? Cos he is a Macross fan i say whereas the rest are interested in milking the cow as much as they could from the toy market)

3) 1/48 VF-1J/Non Fps ( Wait for Yamato to release a 1/48 GPB armor..keke, anyways VF-1J looks better without Fps, easier on your wallet too)

4) 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru

5) Lastly whatever you want after you obtained the above series

Point to note if you havent got your 1/48 Fps, get them at RC before they are gone! I would place that ahead of pirority No 2:

Cheers

Edited by recon

2) 1/48 VF-1S Reissue (Noel will bring them in again somewhere in december, so far to my knowledge he is the only retailer who is bring the reissues in. Why? Cos he is a Macross fan i say whereas the rest are interested in milking the cow as much as they could from the toy market)

I'm not sure what's meant by that. Tam from Twin Moons and Kevin from Valkyrie Exchange both have the VF-1S Roy reissue available to order, though I don't know that either of them have received their shipments yet.

Edited by Draykov

Please get your facts straight before insulting Kevin and I and the rest of the retailers here. As Kevin mentioned, we should be getting these in about a week or so. Milking the cow? Yeah, that's why we both have DAY JOBS so that we can pay our bills <_<