THE UN-OFFICIAL COLOR SCHEME THREAD

here's a couple since I haven't seen anybody doing frontier stuff yet.

first one's Alto, second ones the same thing but in purple (don't know why but I like it in purple). and last one's the line art I used (modified version of joseph's).

I probably should have asked him before hand but hopefully he's ok with me posting modified versions of his line art

I'm also working on lineart+color for michel, luca, and ozma

post-4286-1220261758_thumb.jpg

post-4286-1220261783_thumb.jpg

post-4286-1220261795_thumb.png

Edited by anime52k8

here's a couple since I haven't seen anybody doing frontier stuff yet.

first one's Alto, second ones the same thing but in purple (don't know why but I like it in purple). and last one's the line art I used (modified version of joseph's).

I probably should have asked him before hand but hopefully he's ok with me posting modified versions of his line art

I'm also working on lineart+color for michel, luca, and ozma

Sweet... Still waiting to see side lineart for the VF-25 versions. Thanks for sharing.

While I finish up the SVMF(AW)-224 Bengals and SVMF-214 Blacksheep Marine VF-4s, here's the VF-4A in Skull Squadron markings from Flashback 2012. I've already corrected the nameplate on the canopy, but I don't have an updated .png of it yet. It's now marked "Cpt. H. Ichijyo".

vf4fb2012skulliv3.th.png

I updated the DYRL Skull Squadron VF-4s with new markings and roundels as well as added Max and Hikaru's.

vf4skullroyff2.th.pngvf4skullsquadronmaxyn1.th.pngvf4skullsquadronhikaruzn1.th.pngvf4skullkakizakiuj6.th.png

I am sure you know that Roy and Hayao were dead by the time the VF-4 was mass produced and Max has a full colored blue VF-4 and gone on it's own campaign with Millia..right ? ^_^

Just noting some little details...

I am sure you know that Roy and Hayao were dead by the time the VF-4 was mass produced and Max has a full colored blue VF-4 and gone on it's own campaign with Millia..right ? ^_^

Just noting some little details...

Yeah, I know. The idea is that these were reservist squadron VF-4s used for the filming of "DYRL?" circa 2031. They had a hard time finding VF-1s that were still flight-worthy, so they used these as stand-ins for close-up cockpit shots by the second crew.

Besides, even if I wasn't, they'd still be interesting "What-if?"s... :lol: (And I don't remember Max getting a blue VF-4 {edit, nevermind. Macross M3 XD}. I did draw one a few pages back, along with a red-painted Milia one and Hikaru TV white.)

Edited by Talos

Ok, finally got back to work on these things. Finished Michel's and the 25G line art.

Also I’m halfway done with my VF-25F profile line art. I've been basing mine for the most part of the side view photo of the Bandai model kit.

Eventually I'll finish the 25S and RVF-25 I promised, but right now I'm focusing on something funky I really want to try.

post-4286-1221377522_thumb.jpg

post-4286-1221377532_thumb.png

post-4286-1221377541_thumb.jpg

the newest thing I've finished... VF-25A "Sheryl Guard" :ph34r: (i.e. minmei guard moon act)

I had this weird compultion to do this, so I did. ^_^ and it was one of the most painful photoshop experiances I've ever had... and yet now I want to do a Ranka Paris act version... :mellow:

anyway's I'll try to get back to the side lineart now.

post-4286-1221450822_thumb.jpg

Hi all!

This is nice thread!

I am planning do modeling of VF-4 lightning III soon, so does anyone have pics or schemes or better movies, explaining the transformation sequence? I looked through the thread, Fan Works, and already picked up some pics, but it is not enough for complete understanding.

Thanks!

Edited by SeminNV

I have bigger copies of the transformation sequence, attached at bottom of post. Also, check the SHE kit's instructions:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=...st&id=36537

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=...st&id=36538

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=...st&id=36539

What's a good, free, all in one program that's easy to use for a beginner? I would use MS paint but it doesn't have the snap to point function where you can start a new line from the end point of a previous line. I have trouble placing lines where another one left off.

huh? to make line art? to color with?

I cant think of anything that's good AND free.

MS paint is the last thing to use. for making line art you really need Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw. anything less really won't yield good results. also you can make line art in Photoshop, but it's tedious as hell and not as good, I just do it because I suck at Illustrator.

very cool talos, so does the AB VF-4 still look like a school girl uniform in Batroid mode?

Thanks, k8. I would think that it would still. I tried to adjust the scheme to take into account the transformation of the VF-4.