THE UN-OFFICIAL COLOR SCHEME THREAD

Does anyone have a hi-res side profile of the SV-51?

Someone posted this - somewhere I don't remember where but this is the best I have hope it works for you. (man this seems to be all I'm doing today is posting pics for people, you guys are lucky that some of us save a bunch stuff ^_^ )

post-8467-1234592532_thumb.gif

post-8467-1234592550_thumb.gif

Someone posted this - somewhere I don't remember where but this is the best I have hope it works for you. (man this seems to be all I'm doing today is posting pics for people, you guys are lucky that some of us save a bunch stuff ^_^ )

I think those were originally IAD's

I did a VF-25F lineart and coloured it in ^^

And here are three I made:

VF-25F Ranka v2 「Inspired by the Ranka decal set」

VF-25F Klein Klan 「クラン クラン」

VF-25F 「Stealth Gray」

Are you suppose to be able to see the vertical stabilizer in the background in what's suppose to be a full profile view?

• 3 weeks later...

I recently started going back and redoing the shading on my VF-4, as well as redoing the major paths, since it was my first one done like that and I've learned a lot in the year since I first did it. Here's where I am right now, I'm slowly working my way back along the plane from the nose. I still haven't touched the highlighting yet, but I think the shading is much improved.

vf4shinbase.th.png

I recently started going back and redoing the shading on my VF-4, as well as redoing the major paths, since it was my first one done like that and I've learned a lot in the year since I first did it. Here's where I am right now, I'm slowly working my way back along the plane from the nose. I still haven't touched the highlighting yet, but I think the shading is much improved.

vf4shinbase.th.png

This ought to be interesting.

Thanks. I only had side views of the DYRL and Macross Zero helmets, so I had to guess everything, based on a couple of screen grabs I took from FB2012. It needs some work still, the sharp visor needs to be blunted and that kink taken out, and the angle of the chin needs to be lower. I also need to do better shoulders, since those are the Zero ones (I wanted to get something out to show). I'll probably go in the Macross 2036 and ELS route for improvements to it later.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, they do. Looking at it, and remembering that I used the Zero helmet as a base, so I'm going for more of the 90% right on the helmet, it looks like most of what I saw in the animation was right. XD I'll tweak it, and do the proper FB2012 shoulders, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I got most of what I wanted done on the VF-4 and I've been sitting on this scheme and wanted to get it out, so this'll do until I redo the cockpit and tweak some other stuff. Call it version 1.8 instead of 2.0.

Excerpt from VF-4 Lightning III 2012-2047: 35 Years of Service

Fig. E: (White 8/199302) One of the most colorful Lightnings in active service is this example from Eden. Assigned to the aggressor unit for the New Edwards Test Flight Center, this particular VF-4 is painted in a striking purple and gold color scheme with markings from the pre-Space War I Anti-UN coalition. According to the unit historian, the first commander of the squadron was a veteran of SVF-1 Skull Squadron in the pre-war years and had his personal craft painted in the scheme of an Anti-UN pilot he had flown against. When the squadron replaced it's VF-1s with new VF-4s, he painted his new mount in the same scheme and it survived after his retirement a few years later. Even after the squadron transitioned to new types, this VF-4 was maintained until it was retired in 2042 and given to the New Edwards base museum for preservation and display. As a final honor for it, one of the squadron's newer VF-22S Sturmvogel IIs was painted in the same colors.

th_VF-4Nora.png

Thanks, Mr. March!

Excerpt from VF-4 Lightning III 2012-2047: 35 Years of Service

Figure B1 and B2: (403/189403 and 088/192088) Most long-range colony missions and planetary installations maintain a squadron of pilots with a secondary mission of providing OPFOR (Opposing Force) aggressor aircraft for pilot and gunnery training. On the Megaroad-8 mission and several others, the fighters were commonly painted in differing camouflage schemes or high-visibility schemes to set them apart from friendly craft. These two fighters display a pair of color variations of just one of the bewildering array of Megaroad-8 aggressor schemes. The blue craft displays the cobra head insignia common to many of the aggressor units deployed on colony missions, while the green and tan example was the commander’s craft and has a personal insignia, a Japanese kamon crest of a lotus (蓮) painted on the tail.

th_VF-4JASDFaggressortan.png

th_VF-4JASDFaggressorblue.png

Nice! I like the blue and grey one.

Mr. March, I am repeating my request for a VF-11C without the FAST packs.

I never got your first one. Regardless, I can't accommodate.

Edited by Mr March

:blink: woah, I just realized you changed your avatar.

It happens every once in a while. The MAHQ recently upgraded their forums, so it made a good excuse to change up my avatar there and at the various boards I visit. :)

Just something I'm working off-and-on on. Ignore the shading, the Ghost is new, the VF-0 is one of my earlier works and I need to start the shading/highlighting almost from scratch.

More VF-4's coming soon, probably tomorrow.

vf0aghostbase.th.png