THE UN-OFFICIAL COLOR SCHEME THREAD

With the establishment of the UN Spacy forces, the decision was made to commission a squadron designated "SVF-1 Skull Squadron" as the flagship variable fighter squadron onboard the UNS Asuka II aircraft carrier. As a result of this, the former-United States Navy fighter squadron VF-103 Jolly Rogers was supposed to be disbanded but it was reformed instead with it's old designation and markings as SVF-103 Sluggers. The Sluggers fought through the entire course of the war, flying first the VF-0 and then the VF-1 series, before being equipped with the VF-4 in 2013. After only a year of flying the new plane, they were all repainted in an overall-gray scheme to replace the brown and white wartime one.

vf4svf103cfbrownxt4.th.pngthpix.gif

Later, during the expansion of the UN Spacy to equip the new Megaroad class colonization fleets, SVF-84 was stood up in 2016. Since SVF-1 still took the skull-and-crossbones lineage of VF-84, it was decided to return the squadron to an earlier era as SVF-84 Vagabonds, carrying markings not seen since the early 1960s.

Both these squadrons were authorized to carry a small Jolly Rogers banner underneath the cockpit in all paint schemes to honor their heritage carrying the bones.

th_VF-4SVF-84.png

th_VF-4SVF-103.png

In the 2030s, after the release of the feature-length film "Do You Remember Love?", the UN Spacy decided to bring back the markings not seen since SVF-1 departed Earth in 2012 with the failed Megaroad-01 mission. Thusly, SVF-103 was redesignated "SVF-103 Jolly Rogers" and remarked with their old skull markings and fuselage banding.

th_VF-4SVF-103JRwhite.png

th_VF-4SVF-103JRyellow.png

Edited by Talos

What's a good, free, all in one program that's easy to use for a beginner? I would use MS paint but it doesn't have the snap to point function where you can start a new line from the end point of a previous line. I have trouble placing lines where another one left off.

Good, free, all-in-one... pick any two.

All the Schematics-Guys out there :)

I'm planning some "All that VF" style animation. I finished most of the static mechanics stages and now i just started the VF modelling. BUT!!!! I have a problem... i didn't found any references (3view ones) of the Ghost Fighters used in the Frontier.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!!!!

All the Schematics-Guys out there :)

I'm planning some "All that VF" style animation. I finished most of the static mechanics stages and now i just started the VF modelling. BUT!!!! I have a problem... i didn't found any references (3view ones) of the Ghost Fighters used in the Frontier.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!!!!

I know hellohikaru was working on Ghost X-9 views, so that's probably the closest you're going to get to them.

EDIT: While I'm here, I finished a couple more VF-4s and updated the Ferris one.

th_VF-4FerrisSVX-41.png

th_VF-4SVF-1.png

th_VF-4SVF-114.png

Edited by Talos

The SVX-4 paint Scheme looks good.. can you do one on a VF-25 airframe?

I'd have to have a drawn, shaded, and colored VF-25 sideview finished before I could. I haven't started on one, so there won't be anything VF-25-related in color coming from me for awhile.

Mr. March, someone on another board requested that I do a custom paint scheme that you had done in your lineart at M3 awhile back. I'm posting it here, hope you like it.

th_VF-4FB2012Skullblack.png

Thanks, Mr. March. I liked the look of the greyish coloring on your's so I did my best to replicate it here. If you have any other custom paint schemes you want me to do on the VF-4, let me know. Feel free to use it and any other of my profiles on M3 if you'd like as well.

Dunno if this would come in handy here, as a starting point for a proper VF-25 side-view... It's based on a photo of the Bandai 1/72 model, and was then slimmed down to my personal taste. (Might have stretched the nose a little far...?) Oh, and the gunpod is definitely a work-in-progress, hence the lack of details.

Almost certainly not CG-model accurate; better to think of it as a "Hasegawa-erized" VF-25.

But, if somebody wants to play around with it, feel free.

~Luke

<Edit: Just compared it to the actual CG model... And yikes, I really shaved a lot off the nacelles (see attached.) So, definitely not CG-model accurate. I'll have to go back and rescale some lines, I think.>

post-3133-1222577755_thumb.jpg

post-3133-1222578687_thumb.jpg

Edited by IAD

I've got a lot to add to the For Fans Only section. I'm going to have to devote some time to doing a major addition to just that portion of the site. With your permission, I'll certainly add your works.

Sure, you definitely got my permission. When you do, go with the versions in my Photobucket account. I do occasionally minor updates to a picture without announcing them or replacing the links.

Sure, you definitely got my permission. When you do, go with the versions in my Photobucket account. I do occasionally minor updates to a picture without announcing them or replacing the links.

I'm not sure if many fans notice, but I revise numerous pictures on the M3 as well. However, I often make note of changes in the updates, but not always. I make better color choices, better shading, minor corrections and all that. Typically the VF-1 receives the most attention, but the Macross Plus, Macross 7 and DYRL mecha have all received similar revisions over the last year.

Latest one to receive revision: SDF-1 Macross (Film Version) :)

I'm not sure if many fans notice, but I revise numerous pictures on the M3 as well. However, I often make note of changes in the updates, but not always. I make better color choices, better shading, minor corrections and all that. Typically the VF-1 receives the most attention, but the Macross Plus, Macross 7 and DYRL mecha have all received similar revisions over the last year.

Why don't you do Macross Plus SDF-1 Cruiser Mode?

Nice schematic. The VF-25 looks so purty :)

Why don't you do Macross Plus SDF-1 Cruiser Mode?

I really need to get you a copy of photoshop :)

No promises, but I'll try to do a Macross Plus Carrier version.

Edited by Mr March

I do do other stuff! :p:lol:

I've had the VF-4 pretty much finished, so that's why I've been doing a lot of schemes on it. Since I got through some major stumbling blocks on this one, I can get back to work on it and get closer to finishing. There's a ton of curves to work through.

No, I'm basing it on the Hasegawa model, I like its lines better. Do you have the other fighter schematics from TIA Macross Plus? I have been scouring the internet looking for good resolution scans of them.

Yeah, I can get you the schematics. You want them in really high resolutions? Here's the VF-4 in a little lower resolution than what you're used to working with:

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscellaneous/...-schematics.gif

Yeah, I can get you the schematics. You want them in really high resolutions? Here's the VF-4 in a little lower resolution than what you're used to working with:

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscellaneous/...-schematics.gif

Thanks, Mr. March, I would greatly appreciate it. I've been trying to do some of the more rare VFs, so that'd help immensely. That VF-4 is what I used as a basis for mine, I just increased the resolution after drawing the lineart from that. They don't need to be in super-high-resolution though, somewhere around the VF-4's level would be awesome.

Nice schematic. The VF-25 looks so purty :)

I really need to get you a copy of photoshop :)

No promises, but I'll try to do a Macross Plus Carrier version.

Alas, I have no artistic talent in that regard, so if I tried, I'd seriously screw up the artwork. I am something of a writer, though.

Well, that explain why the SDF-01 looks more... you know, colourful than the previous version.

BTW, nice job! I'm lovin' it! :)

I was just playfully giving you a hard time. It's no problem, really.

I'm currently working on a few new animated gifs and some size comparisons of the fighter modes. I'm also going to do a Battroid size comparison as well.

Edited by Mr March