THE UN-OFFICIAL COLOR SCHEME THREAD

The Kakizaki-type Lightning's number is inaccurate. The VF-11 image I'm attaching to this post has his actual number.

Thanks, I couldn't find his real one when I was working on it, so I had to make one up. I'll fix it later. Out of confirmation, Max's and Hikaru's are what?

EDIT: How's this? I'm experimenting with putting in a gradient background with it as well.

vf4skullkakizakiwa2.th.png

Edited by Talos

Thanks, I couldn't find his real one when I was working on it, so I had to make one up. I'll fix it later. Out of confirmation, Max's and Hikaru's are what?

EDIT: How's this? I'm experimenting with putting in a gradient background with it as well.

vf4skullkakizakiwa2.th.png

Hikaru was, prior to inheriting Skull One, Skull 011, and Max was Skull 013 at that point in time, prior to the VF-4 entering service.

post-6469-1214332434_thumb.jpg

post-6469-1214332445_thumb.jpg

post-6469-1214332462_thumb.jpg

Hikaru was, prior to inheriting Skull One, Skull 011, and Max was Skull 013 at that point in time, prior to the VF-4 entering service.

Thanks Wolfman. I had to go back and look at the model reference material before I realized that. I just finished cobbling together a VF-0B lineart that will serve for now until I can get a cleaner scan of the painting guide for the Hasegawa model. That, or maybe a VF-0D, will likely be the next VF I paint.

Hey guys, a while back I posted the attached scheme for my custom VF-1A, including a cute anime angel for wingart. Unfortunately, my hard drive has crashed, and I seem to have lost all of my pretty lineart, color schemes and everything else. In this case, of particular note was the angel for the tail. It was one of a series of slightly ecchi angels (just slightly provocative poses) that were wearing scifi armor and little targeting monocles. There was also 1 for each major color: red, black, gold, green, blue, etc...

Has anyone seen anything like this out there? I've been searching for a while but I can't recall where I found it.

Maybe this isn't the right place for the question, but it is color-scheme related...

*Edit: Almost forgot to say thanks for any consideration or help!

post-2681-1214340578_thumb.jpg

post-2681-1214340588_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kelsain

VF-25 top view, I still must draw part of the central fuselage.

vf-25.png

Be careful. That's a good reference pick, but it's also for the Super variant. I looks like the lower legs/rear engines drop down when the Super parts are installed, much like the original VF-1. But if anyone can do it, joseph can :)

Edited by Mr March

• 2 weeks later...

It's Shin's F-14 squadron from the first episode of Macross Zero. I redesignated them into the "SVF" fighter squadron classification though. They were, I think, UNSF-225, on the decal sheet.

It's Shin's F-14 squadron from the first episode of Macross Zero. I redesignated them into the "SVF" fighter squadron classification though. They were, I think, UNSF-225, on the decal sheet.

Thanks for the explanation, Talos.

• 2 weeks later...
So, i just had a thought. Has anyone tried or be willing to try doin some VF-1's or 25's in WWII Squadron colors? The most famous I can think of are the 332nd and the flying tigers.

I can sorta help with that, check the two images I attached to this post.

post-6469-1217433639_thumb.jpg

post-6469-1217433657_thumb.jpg

Here's something that I really want to do next time I get my hands on a VF-1A toy.

post-4714-1218150664_thumb.jpg

It's a Skull Squadron scheme initially inspired by Alto and Ozma's VF-25s. Whenever I get around to doing this, I'll print up custom labels and such. I redesignated Max as 003 to stay in line with Mikhail's fighter.

I apologize for the crummy job on the lineart (I'm awesome with Photoshop, I swear!), but I really, really wanted to get this scheme out on paper (such as it is). I'm not gonna prettify it, since it's going to end up on a toy of some kind in the future.

(And yes, the skulls on the tail fins are crooked ^_^)

(P.S. - I can do other squad members on demand if you want to see.)

post-4714-1217732187_thumb.jpg

Edited by theplasticwerks

I finished these up yesterday, thought someone could find them useful for their own profile painting. VF-0A/B/D/S Phoenix with Ghost boosters, based on the Hasegawa lineart for the model kits.

vf0ghostszm0.th.png

Here's something that I really want to do next time I get my hands on a VF-1A toy.

post-4714-1217732187_thumb.jpg

Click here for the full spread! I even finagled some Gerwalk lineart.

It's a Skull Squadron scheme initially inspired by Alto and Ozma's VF-25s. Whenever I get around to doing this, I'll print up custom labels and such. I redesignated Max as 003 to stay in line with Mikhail's fighter.

I apologize for the crummy job on the lineart (I'm awesome with Photoshop, I swear!), but I really, really wanted to get this scheme out on paper (such as it is). I'm not gonna prettify it, since it's going to end up on a toy of some kind in the future.

(And yes, the skulls on the tail fins are crooked ^_^)

(P.S. - I can do other squad members on demand if you want to see.)

I'm thinking about breathing some new life onto my ultra-yellowed v1.0 1/60 ^.^;;;; Can you make an Ozma scheme for the VF-1S? Pretty please?

I'm thinking about breathing some new life onto my ultra-yellowed v1.0 1/60 ^.^;;;; Can you make an Ozma scheme for the VF-1S? Pretty please?

Now, this is Ozma-flavored and not a straight Ozma. I was lazy and simply did a Replace Color on the original file with the addition of 1S heads in Battroid mode - the scheme isn't too hard to figure out on the head.

post-4714-1218150485_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...