THE UN-OFFICIAL COLOR SCHEME THREAD

Where did you get that picture of the custom from?

Which image?

I posted 2.

If you meant the actual kit image, I got it from Dalong.net.

But it would be the original copy, I edited the one posted to look like my version (drawn).

If you meant the Ranka art, I just spotted it on Google image search. It was on a blog but the blogger did not source the image or credit the artist.

Mr. March, yesterday, while lurking on MAHQ's MechaTalk Forum, I found some VF-22 lineart that looks like yours done up in Strigon Team colors from Ace Combat 6. It seems that someone deleted a line during the recoloring process, could you possibly correct this?

post-6469-1225385283_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wolfman

Interesting color scheme. I'm not sure I understand what you need done to this picture. The line art appears in tact. Which line is supposedly missing?
Nevermind. It must've been the fact I was viewing the image via my X-Box 360 on a TV that gave me the impression that the artist had merged the antenna on the head with the starboard intake. Anyways, the color scheme is that of Strigon Team from Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation for the X-Box 360. Edited by Wolfman

Wolfman

Snuck in some time this morning to do your custom. Here it is

very nice, although the belly of the fighter should be Red as well. (sorry but I've been playing AC6 way to much lately)

this is kind of an odd request but I was wondering if I could get some if you're images in unflattened PSD form, I had some paint schemes i wanted to try out for fun.

I'm looking forward to them.

I'll get to them eventually.

I've been unable to bring myself to do a lot of drawing recently, artist's block and all that. I just finished coloring in the basic shapes of the VF-0A. Now to continue with the shading and highlighting, as well as the detailing and decaling.

vf0abase2cx5.th.pngthpix.gif

Edited by Talos

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, Talos, could you check these images? I think you made a minor mistake with the color of the insignia of the VF-4 Lightning.

I painted it in WWII-era Insignia Blue, which is what it's supposed to be painted, under the old manuals. It's particularly based on the old F4U Corsair schemes, not the F6F Hellcat's, which feature the blue even on the overall dark-blue scheme (which I'll get to eventually after I finish reworking the shading and highlighting on the VF-4.

This isn't finished yet, but it shows where I'm at so far.

vf4maxbluem3bs5.th.png

This was posted on the Starship Modeler website sometime ago, and may already be known, but it's still my favourite, an fits the VF-4 Lightning perfectly. The Japanese cranes in the background are also a great homage to the origins of Macross.

VF-4Lightning001.jpg

VF-4Lightning002.jpg

VF-4Lightning003.jpg

VF-4Lightning004.jpg

And of course the website of http://www.hungrylizardstudio.com with a host of SV-51 Alternative colorschemes

Nice ideas for modelkits too!!

This was posted on the Starship Modeler website sometime ago, and may already be known, but it's still my favourite, an fits the VF-4 Lightning perfectly. The Japanese cranes in the background are also a great homage to the origins of Macross.

And of course the website of http://www.hungrylizardstudio.com with a host of SV-51 Alternative colorschemes

Nice ideas for modelkits too!!

Ohhhh, Japanese crane....I HAVE to try that one! :lol:

VF-4Lightning001.jpg

That is awesome. Straight awesome.

I painted it in WWII-era Insignia Blue, which is what it's supposed to be painted, under the old manuals. It's particularly based on the old F4U Corsair schemes, not the F6F Hellcat's, which feature the blue even on the overall dark-blue scheme (which I'll get to eventually after I finish reworking the shading and highlighting on the VF-4.

This isn't finished yet, but it shows where I'm at so far.

vf4maxbluem3bs5.th.png

I see your point, Talos, after having looked at a Corsair image from my collection. I apologize.

Hi Guys!!

Damn is the silly (read stupid) season in effect here with Xmas day drawing ever closer!! Hmmm I can almost taste the lunch now YUM!

Well I've done some Macross/Robotech profiles, they're not as great as some of the previous efforts but I'm still learning :)

1. VF-101. There's something about having the Reaper on the tail that just screams cool...

VF-101VF-1Amodedtailart.jpg

2. VF-11. Nothing like a Ripper's machine. The engine pods are colour coded with the rest of the scheme and I think it ties it all together quite nicely.

VF-11VF-1A.jpg

3. VFA-75. The Sunday Punchers, now that is a cool name for an attack sqn. A little obscure as I think they were disbanded with their A-6s but I found a nice patch that screamed TAIL ART at me. Their A-6s were plain and so is this VF-1A.

VFA-75VF-1A.jpg

4. VFA-25. One of my fav attack squadrons. This profile is quite different from all the others as I used it to play around with adding some grime, leaks and repaints to the airframe via different levels and blurs. I think it came out ok but some more work will need to be done...

VFA-25VF-1A.jpg

Crits and comments most welcomed!

D

ps. It been point out to me that its SPACY on SPACEY. The next batch will be fixed :)

Here's something else I worked on today, the heavy boosters for the VF-4 that replace the arms and the normal rockets.

vf4ahsn0.th.jpg

absolutely awesome as usual, talos. your line art always turns out so crisp, fine and clean. I wish my digital work would turn out half this good.

this is probably way too much to be asking of you, but do you think you could do something like this for the VF-4 I've been working on? if you would that would be the coolest thing ever, and I'd owe you for the rest of forever.

absolutely awesome as usual, talos. your line art always turns out so crisp, fine and clean. I wish my digital work would turn out half this good.

this is probably way too much to be asking of you, but do you think you could do something like this for the VF-4 I've been working on? if you would that would be the coolest thing ever, and I'd owe you for the rest of forever.

Sure, no problem. You have an awesome design, I'll help where I can.