THE UN-OFFICIAL COLOR SCHEME THREAD

I'm not aware of anything. Keep in mind, fan requests are something I do at my leisure and I don't keep a running log. Work on the website takes priority. If the request is easy, it's more likely I'll have the time to do it.

What else did you want?

Talos,

I'm just wondering if you have a full size mockup of the german flag you used available? And might I commission one too if possible?

I can make a full-sized one in a few minutes. All it is is the UN Kite over the German Bundesflagge and with the word "Neuweltregeirung" on top of that. I did it in small-size this time, but I can make a larger version for you.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot. I'm happy to take commissions.

Edited by Talos

What's a good, free, all in one program that's easy to use for a beginner? I would use MS paint but it doesn't have the snap to point function where you can start a new line from the end point of a previous line. I have trouble placing lines where another one left off.

GIMP, its free and it works like Photoshop (from what I've heard).

With GIMP, you can achieve results close enough to Photoshop. The tools are probably similar to Photoshop too.

Hope this helps.

::EDIT::

-__- Just realised that it was way back in Sept...

Edited by Savvi

GIMP, its free and it works like Photoshop (from what I've heard).

With GIMP, you can achieve results close enough to Photoshop. The tools are probably similar to Photoshop too.

Hope this helps.

::EDIT::

-__- Just realised that it was way back in Sept...

Gimp is what I use to do this:

th_VF-21side.png

I've been working on a VF-25S LineArt (LA) based from the 1/72 manual.

Manual I used was supplied from Dalong.net.

http://www.dalong.net/review/etc/mf01/p/mf01_mb0032.JPG

I used his photo's as reference too, I've should of used the manual instead... (Just noticed that the manual had side LA views*)

I should be able to colour it Friday night (tomorrow night) and finish it on Saturday ^o^/

These rock, Talos!

Thanks, Wolfman!

The fate of many of the surviving VF-4 Lightning III variable fighters was to be converted into target drone QVF-4 Ghost Lightnings. The majority of these were destroyed in weapons tests for the VF-9, VF-11, VF-14, VF-17, and VB-6 programs. The remnants of the previous markings, SVF-103 Sluggers, can still be seen on the rudder and beneath the cockpit.

th_VF-4SVF-103drone.png

I've been working on a VF-25S LineArt (LA) based from the 1/72 manual.

Manual I used was supplied from Dalong.net.

http://www.dalong.net/review/etc/mf01/p/mf01_mb0032.JPG

I used his photo's as reference too, I've should of used the manual instead... (Just noticed that the manual had side LA views*)

I should be able to colour it Friday night (tomorrow night) and finish it on Saturday ^o^/

I think it's a shame that Bandai didn't follow Hasegawa's approach and give us schematic views.

I'd like to think that at least some, if not all of the U.S.N's aviation squadrons would comprise the naval and aerospace wings of both the U.N Navy and Spacy, due to the sheer amount of experience accumulated over 90 years of carrier operations.

The first one looks like the unit's CAG Bird, and the second the regular markings of the squadron. They rock!

You're right, those are the CAG and normal markings. I'll get around to doing a low-vis one eventually.

Got three more done today so far.

SVF-101 Grim Reapers

SVF-2 Bounty Hunters

SVF-142 Ghostriders

th_VF-4SVF-101.png

th_VF-4SVF-2.png

th_VF-4SVF-142.png

I did a VF-25F lineart and coloured it in ^^

And here are three I made:

VF-25F Ranka v2 「Inspired by the Ranka decal set」

VF-25F Klein Klan 「クラン クラン」

VF-25F 「Stealth Gray」

post-10281-1224358750_thumb.png

post-10281-1224358777_thumb.png

post-10281-1224358791_thumb.png

Edited by Savvi

You're right, those are the CAG and normal markings. I'll get around to doing a low-vis one eventually.

Got three more done today so far.

SVF-101 Grim Reapers

SVF-2 Bounty Hunters

SVF-142 Ghostriders

th_VF-4SVF-101.png

th_VF-4SVF-2.png

th_VF-4SVF-142.png

These rock just as much as the others! How about doing the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds next?

You mean a line art that I used?

If so, yes.

If its another thing, like mechanics of a VF-25F then, nope.

:3

*drools*

Thanks Savvi. You did a find job. May I post your work on my website?

Edited by Mr March

I worked on the top view for the same VF (VF-25F).

This time, I had to do some adjustments as the photo of the kit was really uneven and it was non symmetrical.

Although it is not anime accurate, I had it done from the model kit manuals. Its like 90% accurate to the kit...

I only just finished it, the first colour scheme I went with is Ranka (again).

Yeah... this is something I would fly in, DECULTURE!

(And if it was a model kit, I hope it would look something like the attachment ^^; )

::Edit::

I forget the tail wing stripes and the nose cone markings >,<; (will add them in)

-Savvi

post-10281-1224462855_thumb.png

post-10281-1224462873_thumb.jpg

Edited by Savvi

Here's two in a WWII anniversary scheme, both F6F Hellcat-based three color blue scheme for the USN, and A6M-based green for the IJN.

th_VF-4SVF-103WWIIUSNthreecolorblue.png

th_VF-4JASDFWWIIgreen.png

Regarding the Hellcat scheme: Talos, you're either really lucky, or a telepath, because I was going to request that particular scheme. Now I don't have to, so thanks, Talos!

Edited by Wolfman

Regarding the Hellcat scheme: Talos, you're either really lucky, or a telepath, because I was going to request that particular scheme. Now I don't have to, so thanks, Talos!

I'm good like that. ^_^

I'm pleased with the Hellcat roundel too, it came out better then I expected it to. Same with the hinomaru as well.

Nice work Talos.

You're such a VF-4 fan. You're going to :wub: the next update to my website :)

Thanks, Mr. March!

Haha, yeah, I do love the VF-4 (fighter mode, at least), but the main reason I'm concentrating on it right now is that it's the most done as far as shading and highlighting, etc. The YF/VF-21 is close to being done, and the VF-0A is started. When I get those done, I'll of course do a lot of paint schemes for those two planes too.

Yep, I'm looking forward to that update. ^_^

I worked on the top view for the same VF (VF-25F).

This time, I had to do some adjustments as the photo of the kit was really uneven and it was non symmetrical.

Although it is not anime accurate, I had it done from the model kit manuals. Its like 90% accurate to the kit...

-Savvi

Where did you get that picture of the custom from?