THE UN-OFFICIAL COLOR SCHEME THREAD

Your work is astounding. May I host it in the "For Fans Only" section of my website?

Thank you and part of the credit must go to Talos..his lineart and decals helped alot. It would be an honor to be displayed on your website B)) .

UPDATE!!!

2 New Schemes now that i have established marking placement. Both are NSWC bird are the same airframe just with different paint jobs.

TPS Grey

strike2.th.png

New TPS Blue

strike1.th.png

More to come soon...

Edited by hellohikaru

Finally finished a pair of squadrons I've been working on, plus a preview of a couple more. Besides the Bounty Hunters' skull, all the markings are drawn from scratch by me. I think the Black Lions' tail insignia is the most complicated one I've done so far.

th_VF-4SVF-14combined.pngth_VF-4SVF-2combined.pngsvf213svx9preview.th.jpg

Here is a one i would call a cross-over. Nuff said.

patrolhowler.th.png

and another quick one

fangone.th.png

Fracking fantastic! These are brilliant! Well done.

On that second one (the black one), what is that on the ventral rear section, just aft of the engine exhaust? It's like this brown stain on the fuselage. Is that dried blood? :)

Fracking fantastic! These are brilliant! Well done.

On that second one (the black one), what is that on the ventral rear section, just aft of the engine exhaust? It's like this brown stain on the fuselage. Is that dried blood? :)

Eagle eye! :lol: Well..that stain is not just dry blood, it suppose to be dirt and all kind of grostesque stuff that leaking through it. I actually left the Japanese stenciling under the cockpit by mistake and it was already too late by the time i realized..oh well..i'll let Richard Dees (aka Miguel Ferrer) figure that one out. :ph34r:

Thanks for all the comments!

Eagle eye! :lol: Well..that stain is not just dry blood, it suppose to be dirt and all kind of grostesque stuff that leaking through it. I actually left the Japanese stenciling under the cockpit by mistake and it was already too late by the time i realized..oh well..i'll let Richard Dees (aka Miguel Ferrer) figure that one out. :ph34r:

Thanks for all the comments!

EDIT Okay, that was strange. The second image didn't show up last time I posted here. Weirdness

But you will post it again right, once you've corrected it? I loved that color scheme.

I love Miguel Ferrer. He had a brilliant role in Soderbergh's Traffic and of course Verhoven's Robocop way back in da day :)

Edited by Mr March

Make no mistake, I'm very much enjoying these. I like your VE-3 Howler and F-22 Raptor color schemes the best. The diversity of colors is nice and of course the shading is impressive. Actually, I was meaning to ask you how you did the shading/highlights for your VE-3 Howler. I know how you do the traditional shading, using the selection tool and a VERY larger paint brush, like you showed me on your VF-11 Thunderbolt schematics. But how do you achieve those white highlights along the top edges of the craft?

Make no mistake, I'm very much enjoying these. I like your VE-3 Howler and F-22 Raptor color schemes the best. The diversity of colors is nice and of course the shading is impressive. Actually, I was meaning to ask you how you did the shading/highlights for your VE-3 Howler. I know how you do the traditional shading, using the selection tool and a VERY larger paint brush, like you showed me on your VF-11 Thunderbolt schematics. But how do you achieve those white highlights along the top edges of the craft?

Shading and highlights are done pretty much the same way as you said, using selection tools and stroking with a soft brush (normally guided by a path) or simply using the gradient tool with opacity set to between 30-50%.

Highlights, on a separate layer above the shade layer and on normal mode(ie, no blending) are done in a similar fashion. Sometimes i use the path/shape tools to create the highlight shapes, fill them with white then adjust opacity accordingly. Add some blurring (gaussian) helps to soften it up abit.

Sun effect is simple..soft brush with low opacity.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask more if you need to know anything B))

Edited by hellohikaru

Hmm, that sounds a bit more involved than my knowledge of PS allows. I don't know how to do paths or effectively use the gradient tools. Maybe I'll see if I can find some tutorials online.

hmm..Maybe you can try this tutorial. It's abit simplified but gets the pen path tools explained.

Anyway here's a preview of how the F-27C is coming out. I need to tweak it abit more.

f27c3163pxcopy.th.png

These are pretty much the finalised versions of the F-27J Warhawk 2, both birds from the Gifu test unit in both high vis and reduced vis decals. Some minor changes to decal orientation and making the engine bays bare metal.

f27jgifu1.th.png f27jgifu2.th.png f27jkomatsu1.th.png

@Mr March

Thanks..the Warhawks provide a change of nice change from the Howlers and Invaders.

@Kylwell

Thats pretty cool. Nice work

EDIT: Added Prototype Test Scheme

Edited by hellohikaru

A cat with a beanie? Bizarre :)

Looking great as always. Well done.

What is that little cylindrical looking thing in front of the cockpit canopy (dorsal side)?

:lol: That cat is supposedly the test pilot's lucky talisman. As for the shape ahead of the windshield..its a form of IR Search and Track(IRST) device. It does spoil the clean profile somewhat :p

EDIT..added the Clean nose version for dedicated air to air work.

f27jgifu2.th.png

Edited by hellohikaru