The funny thing is that non-Japanese retailers are still cheaper than the skyrocketed Japanese market price. Mainly applies to good Metal Builds and gold Saint Seiya figures.

I can guess but maybe Bandai allocate stocks per Market and it is just that the demand in Japan is really high (hey it is Seed) that the allocated stocks in Japan has been easily scalped. The same trend also applies to different high end toy except Macross, Bandai do really well in supplying stocks to different regions.

For example here in PH, the price is more or less the SRP + Shipping cost unlike with Japan market that already bloated to as much as 50% more.

Only place to have Gunbuster left, they also have YF-29B Percival, but not much other Bandai items.

http://www.toysrus.co.jp/s/dsg-503861800?utm_source=Criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=dynamic

If you're still looking for a Gunbuster you can pre-order 1 here in the USA for $164, Shipping is free for USA but cost extra for international.

These batches will be from blu-fin distributions so it'll be release in the USA about 1-1/2 month later.

http://www.eknightmedia.com/gunbuster-gx-34r-gunbuster-buster-gokin-color-ver-soul-of-chogokin-action-figure-by-bandai-tamashii-nations.html

Since you live in Australia, the international shipping is around $46.

Just bought my first GFFMC toy of the origin rx78-2 really looking forward to it!

excellent choice. This is a GFFMC like no other (even though it was made back in 2011 around the time when the first Metal Build got released) from the moment you take it out, the pure weight of the thing will tell your fingers that it's special. The amount of diecast they put in this thing, they might as well call it Metal Build. The current GFFMC can't even get close to this thing, other than the transformation.

Bandai really like their RX78-2.

I have yet to take mine out for a spin, but I was really sad when I realized I missed out on it in the past and promptly order the reissue. Glad to hear that it has a lot of metal content in it that should give it some heft.

Of course Bandai loves the the RX78-2, it's such a classic.

Edited by Loop

The traditional GFFMCs only have diecast in the legs and biceps. RX-78-02 Origin has the same diecast allocation as Metal Builds.

It is a pretty big deal to have an almost diecast frame as most "Chogokin" products tend to have 15-30% diecast at most. The Super Robot ones from Soul of Chogokin tend to have 35%+.

Meanwhile, Hello Kitty robot is 80%+ diecast.

I am only starting to get onto the GFFMC/Metal Build train. I have all four Unicorns, Gundam Origin and both Psycho Gundams. For Metal Builds, I have the cheap Exia Repair and Amatsu, with Strike Freedom on order. The original designer supervised ones(Ebikawa for Exia etc and Beecraft for Astray) are praised for their accuracy to the original design. On the other hand, the Shigeta(SEED art director) supervised ones are highly stylised, to the extent of garage kits. The Freedom Gundam was not a big deal, but still more stylised than the MGs and Robot Damashiis supervised for Shigeta. Both the Destiny and Strike Freedom are super creative.

I got my GFFMC Origin Gundam today and everyone during my Gundam party played with it going "Dear god this is heavy!"

I'm gonna mess around with it bit more tomorrow but I thought it's very cool looking and very nicely sculpted.

any place to still get it?

It was reissue so you can get it from lots of stores , they have it at bbts for $134

But I got mines from Amiami , it's 12780 yen. And register Sal shipping is 2090 yen

Total is 14870 yen

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-009307&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_cate4%3D919%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

• 2 weeks later...

I opened my MB Gold Frame today that came from HLJ.

HOLY Char Aznable what an amazing figure. I can't tell you how in awe I am about the quality of the Gold Frame. He has a lot of mold release on the glossy black parts but that is easy to deal with.

Overall this figure is great. From the first images posted here I though he will have a lot of unpainted "gold" plastic but nearly every gold part is either picked out in anodized gold die-cast or paint. The only spot I could find was the peg hole for the backpack so that is covered.

The figure has a great heft to it and lots of moving part. The only annoying piece I could make out is a small cover piece that is only held in place by to nubs and it is way too easy to detach while handling the toy (because I tend to grab it in that slot when posing it).

I'm so on board for the Red and Blue Frame. I hope they announce a Blue Frame 2nd L version with giant sword before the regular Blue Frame is released because I'd like to have some variety in my Metal Build collection. I want to keep it to the three Frames from Astray so I can focus my collection on Valkyries and MP Transformers but I''m not sure if I could resist a reissue of the MB Gundam 00 suits.

At the moment I feel that the Gold Frame is up there in the top three of my collection pieces (at least in terms of quality) together with the VF-19S and the MP-10B.

I really wish the MP Transformers had this kind of fit and finish throughout the line. I think from all my Transformers the Alternity cars are closest in quality to the Metal Build.

Of course it is very likely that I'm talking while I'm high on a mix of endorphins and plastic fumes so take my report with a grain of salt. :D

Thanks for your impressions of the Metal Build Astray Gold Frame Amatsu. It's got me pumped for the Metal Build Strike Freedom and Red and Blue frame later.

I think I will just get the Red frame first up, and wait for them to release 2nd L Blue Frame too, since Blue Frame is identical to Red Frame at the start. I hope Red Frame comes with the samurai sword. They haven't shown it at all so far. I hope there is new displays at Wonderfest.

What exactly is Assault Kingdom? I've never heard of this line before.

It's pretty much a small toy in a box with some candy/gum. It's like those kid toys you find in a Asian supermarket too.

They are around 1/230 scale in size so a little shorter than the 1/200 HCM pro.

It's a cheap collect them all kinda toy.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I am still waiting for my MB Gold frame, but from the pics I have seen online it looks really nice. When it was first announced I was on the fence but it grew on me pretty fast.

i cancelled my pre order bc i had too many stuff coming in and and away this month traveling. but now i'm tempted to pre-order it again. it's still avail at some places.

Every time Bandai releases a new AGP MS girl, I'm really interested by it but never end up getting it. although in this case the idea of a Super Barzam MS girl is both bazaar and interesting.

It's pretty much a small toy in a box with some candy/gum. It's like those kid toys you find in a Asian supermarket too.

They are around 1/230 scale in size so a little shorter than the 1/200 HCM pro.

It's a cheap collect them all kinda toy.

I have the Assault Kingdom RX-93 and Sazabi. Considering the size, they're not half bad - quite posable and reasonably well detailed. I'd say the Sazabi is the better figure, though (for some reason the RX-93 is one of those figures they never quite seem to be able to get "right" - I also have the Robot Spirits one, and its "okay" but not "great").

i cancelled my pre order bc i had too many stuff coming in and and away this month traveling. but now i'm tempted to pre-order it again. it's still avail at some places.

Maybe you can get it at BBTS and send it to your pile of loot. I never used the pile of loot function so I am not sure how long they hold it.

That AGP does look pretty good since it comes with the super pack, barzam armor , rx178 mk2 armor , etc . Look like a all in one set.

But with pricing at 11,880 yen and use using the same agp unicorn girl frame , I'll have to see if I can get it onsale. The pricing is going up there with their AGP boat girls.

But I'm surprise there's no Macross AGP yet.

Edited by F360

Guest davidwhangchoi

Maybe you can get it at BBTS and send it to your pile of loot. I never used the pile of loot function so I am not sure how long they hold it.

that tempted me, so i looked on the site and it's 15 days for cancellation as long as it didn't ship. hmm... i think i'm going to wait as i'm away right now and also need to pay for some other things...

but the good news is strike freedom metal build is sold out so one less temptation there (of getting a double since i have on on order) :)

You should have plenty of time since the preorder of the MB Gold frame on BBTS never seem to sold out . And even when theny becomes instock you can still semi use the add to cart trick to see how many they still have in stock . Just add 25 to your cart and then update and you'll see how much they have left , if the number is 25 then no worries as they have more than 25 .

Their pile of loot can hold your items for up to 180 days but you only have 15days to cancel once it's in your piile of loot.

Not that I want to temp you to spend more money but similar to bbts , Thetoysource also have a similar system , that are call Stack which is their way of pile of loot , which also holds your items for up to 180 days .

You can cancel your preorders from your account anytime before it becomes instock as long as you use creditcard as payment .

They still have MB strike freedom for preorder at $229. Free shipping if over $150 .

http://thetoysource.com/search/view/status/5/search_term/Metal%20build/

that tempted me, so i looked on the site and it's 15 days for cancellation as long as it didn't ship. hmm... i think i'm going to wait as i'm away right now and also need to pay for some other things...

but the good news is strike freedom metal build is sold out so one less temptation there (of getting a double since i have on on order) :)

I'm not so sure that there really is a cancellation fee. All you have to do is is change your quantity to zero in you control panel and it is cancelled. I have never had them complain about it. I wonder if they mean if you cancel it once it arrives maybe.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm not so sure that there really is a cancellation fee. All you have to do is is change your quantity to zero in you control panel and it is cancelled. I have never had them complain about it. I wonder if they mean if you cancel it once it arrives maybe.

oh i meant you have 15 days to cancel once it's released as long as it didn't ship. but after that you can't cancel

you know though, given that your only other option for getting a neo zeong is the 27,000 yen HGUC kit, ~10,000 yen for that isn't too bad. And you get free gum with this one.