I just notice GGinfinite have the pre-order up for Metal Build Strike Freedom. They posted the price at $225.89

Which is the same pre-order pricing as their METAL BUILD Gundam Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Mina.

Their pre-order requires payment upfront.

It's still too early as the official price hasn't been announce yet, but it's a start.

http://gginfinite.com/Metal-Build-Strike-Freedom-Gundam.html

So I asked the HLJ customer service about the Gold Frame order window that went up and if my order (that is listed now on my preorders is valid). This is the response I got:

Dear Scyla,

Thank you for writing. Unfortunately, there was a problem in our system, and BAN995692 became available by mistake. We received your order for the Metal Build Gundam Astray Gold Frame on May 31, but it was when our system made it available by mistake, unfortunately. We cannot confirm availability, but we will not delete your order. It is possible that we will have a few excess pieces and your order will be filled.

Sorry for the vague answer, but your understanding is appreciated.

Best Regards,

HLJ Customer Service

This might be interesting for the other board members that got an preorder in.

So I'm not sure I should keep my preorder with BBTS. I guess as long as one item becomes available before the other I can safely cancel the excess order. I would prefer to go with HLJ because it is cheaper and I assume HLJ would have it available first because they are based of Japan and BBTS have to wait till their shipment arrive.

I could also cancel the BBTS preorder since some of the Metal Build and Fix Figuration are still available and hope the Gold Frame will meet the same fate.

Any opinions?

Edited by Scyla

I would wait until HLJ has stock and and validates that they can send it to you. If they can secure one for you, you will have time to cancel the BBTS order. Most of the time when I miss out on a JP web shop pre-order I go with BBTS next. They are usually behind a bit because they are based in the US. I usually see people posting reviews and pics before BBTS even has mine on the truck, so you have time.

Yeah no worries , BBTS won't get them earlier than 2 weeks after release. Maybe even a month later. So just keep your BBTS as backup . Also even if you forget to cancel , you can still get a full refund on your Pre-order from BBST , but it'll be in store credit form.

don't forget CDJapan , they might have some extras too .

• 3 weeks later...

Prior to 2015, non of the metal builds breached the 20,000 jpy mark: http://tamashii.jp/item_brand/metal_build/

We do need to factor in the weak yen though, so 22,000 for the gold frame at today's rate would be similar to the 18,750 for Destiny.

But if the SF is retailing at 27,000 as being reported around.. that seems a bit too much.

Will probably get the official Tamashii post within the week and pre-orders to open the week after.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Prior to 2015, non of the metal builds breached the 20,000 jpy mark: http://tamashii.jp/item_brand/metal_build/

We do need to factor in the weak yen though, so 22,000 for the gold frame at today's rate would be similar to the 18,750 for Destiny.

But if the SF is retailing at 27,000 as being reported around.. that seems a bit too much.

Will probably get the official Tamashii post within the week and pre-orders to open the week after.

thanks... i guess it's time to wait till it's official but it looks like that's going to be the price...

are these hard to get?

They really can be - especially at places like HLJ and AmiAmi. They are sometimes (or maybe usually) available at Amazon.com for US customers.

But count on this as another in the same vein of Bandai Macross pre-order madness.

-b.

Why do I keep thinking they already did a Strike Freedom as an MB? I'm probably just confusing it with the PG kit. Anyway it looks nice but I'm not sure if I'm a big enough fan of the design to get one.

Why do I keep thinking they already did a Strike Freedom as an MB? I'm probably just confusing it with the PG kit. Anyway it looks nice but I'm not sure if I'm a big enough fan of the design to get one.

Because they did a Metal Build Freedom;

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN969767/Gun

-b.

Pic review of the Metal Build Astray is up . By hacchaka

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51952850.html

Maybe i have been looking at the vf-19adv pic too much but this Metal build feels kinda lacking on the Tampo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Metal Builds never had much tampos to begin with (e.g. Destiny)

That's unless you're referring to the GFFMC line.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Metal Builds never had much tampos to begin with (e.g. Destiny)

That's unless you're referring to the GFFMC line.

Their Seed line doesn't have much , But their 00 line have more , but they are more of a bit detail here and there kinda, lots of little tiny decals here and there , well not really lots but it's has a pretty good amount . ex. Exia Avalanche .

Which is why I brought up the VF-19adv, after looking at that and then look at the large piece of Black on the Metal Build astray , it just feel abit off. I think it have more to do with the smooth black than anything else .

I'm fine with it too , still looks good . I'm waiting for it to release so I can ship it with my Vf-19adv. Suppose to be today ,

I thought about getting a copy of the gold frame from Japan, but it looks like my BBTS order is slightly cheaper after shipping so I am sticking with that one.

If that's the case you should Keep an eyes for the metal build gold frame at HLJ. Their preorder price was 18,700 yen. So on release date when theirs left overs you know where to go. Even with whatever shipping , the total should be cheaper than BBTS