The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread 2

What is with Michael Cole and his Popemobile booth?

Here are the results of WrestleMania XXVII:

United States Championship (Dark Match)
Sheamus fought Daniel Bryan to a no-contest.

Battle Royal (Dark Match)
The Great Khali won the Battle Royal.

World Heavyweight Championship (SmackDown!)
Edge (with Christian) speared Alberto Del Rio (with Brodus Clay) to retain the title. After the match, Edge and Christian destroyed Del Rio's Rolls Royce.

Cody Rhodes landed the Cross Rhodes on Rey Mysterio. That's what you get for imitating Captain America.

Eight-Man Tag Team Match
Kane, Big Show, Santino Marella and Kofi Kingston (replacing an injured Vladimir Kozlov) def. The Corre (Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater).

Randy Orton def. CM Punk after countering a top-rope maneuver with the RKO. Orton still sucks.

Special Guest Referee: Stone Cold Steve Austin
Michael Cole (with Jack Swagger) def. Jerry "The King" Lawler by disqualification. Austin landed the Stone Cold Stunner on Cole afterward.

Undefeated Streak at Risk, Again - No Holds Barred
Undertaker made Triple-H tap out to the Devil's Triangle. UT remains undefeated - 19-0 - at WM.

Six-Person Mixed Tag Team Match
Trish Stratus, Nicole "Snookie" Polizzi and John Morrison def Dolph Ziggler and LayCool (Layla and Michelle McCool) (with Vickie Guerrero).

WWE Heavyweight Championship (RAW)
The Miz (with Alex Riley) def. John Cena after The Rock landed a Rock Bottom on Cena. Rock then did The People's Elbow on The Miz.

Wow... no title changes at all on this PPV. What a surprise.

Edited by areaseven

One of my earlier and personal favorite memories of Edge was back around the Sunday Night Heat days. Action spilled outside the ring, Jeff Hardy was running along the top of the outside barriers, jumped to try to hit some move, and then Edge just speared the ever-loving crap out the guy.

Too bad I can't find video of it on YouTube.

Sucks that Edge is retiring, but glad he's getting out before he becomes another statistic. Hope he makes the most out of his post-wrestling life.

• 2 weeks later...

Trouble brewing backstage in TNA Wrestling.

TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter to Step Down from Company Amid Controversy?

Sexual harassment and non-payment of medical bills are nothing new in the wrestling industry, but this is TNA we're talking about. If it were WWE, Vinnie Mac would simply whip out his checkbook and the case would be over in seconds. TNA, on the other hand, is just like WCW: a company running on borrowed money. Many of us already predicted this since day one, and we were right - TNA is going the way of WCW.

It's only a matter of time before Vinnie Mac uses his lunch money to buy TNA...

Trouble brewing backstage in TNA Wrestling.

TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter to Step Down from Company Amid Controversy?

Sexual harassment and non-payment of medical bills are nothing new in the wrestling industry, but this is TNA we're talking about. If it were WWE, Vinnie Mac would simply whip out his checkbook and the case would be over in seconds. TNA, on the other hand, is just like WCW: a company running on borrowed money. Many of us already predicted this since day one, and we were right - TNA is going the way of WCW.

It's only a matter of time before Vinnie Mac uses his lunch money to buy TNA...

LOL...seriously though...is there any talent there under the age of 40?

And now for some breaking news from the WWE Extreme Rules PPV:

Good News: Christian is the new World Heavyweight Champion after defeating Alberto del Rio in a ladder match.

Bad News: John Cena is WWE Champion again after defeating The Miz and John Morrison in a triple-threat steel cage match.

And now for some breaking news from the WWE Extreme Rules PPV:

Good News: Christian is the new World Heavyweight Champion after defeating Alberto del Rio in a ladder match.

Bad News: John Cena is WWE Champion again after defeating The Miz and John Morrison in a triple-threat steel cage match.

Bad News: Randy Orton is the new World Heavyweight Champion after beating Christian on Smackdown. SCREW YOU VINCE. :angry:

Rather silly, but Thor is JERICHO!!

"Pereira the Effeminate". . . :lol:

So that was the douche they got to play Thor on AOTS. It seems that Jericho answered Pereirra's "Speaker Phone" (check out that dick's Screen Savers commercial with who I think is Victor Lucas to see what I'm talking about).

I suddenly have a new respect for John Cena after sunday's "over the limit". For about 3 minutes The Miz beat on Cena's stomach with a kendo stick while Alex Riley held him in a no dq I quit match. I know wrestling is fake and all, but the Miz wasn't holding back with his swings and the marks just looked nasty. I haven't seen a beating like that since that little punk got his ass caned in singapore.

• 4 weeks later...
I saw a few snippets of that rant when Thirty Mile Zone aired that on one of their weekday episodes. Classic Warrior; too bad he lost his hair though, he doesn't look good bald, unlike Hogan, who's basicly been bald since he joind WCW.

Did you guys see tonight's Raw?!?

CM Punk dropped one of the BEST promo's I've seen in a LONG time.

It's suspected to be a work, but if it is, WWE's doing a helluva job convincing everyone that it's real. They announced that Pepsi Boy has been "suspended indefinitely" and his profile has been deleted from wwe.com. It is unknown how this will affect the main event of Money in the Bank.

• 2 weeks later...

1.John Cena may claim Boston, but Boston does not claim him.

2.The Boston Bruins as a 3rd seed coming out of a supposedly weak eastern conference, went through 2 game 7 series, riding their aging goalie, WERE AN UNDERDOG against The Vancouver Canucks the regular season points champion, number 1 seed from the west, with multiple 40 goal scorers, and supposedly the best goalie in the league. :angry:

Edited by renegadeleader1