The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

WHAT? No one like The Rock's return on last Monday Night's RAW? BOOTS TO ASSES bros.

Survivor Series is this Sunday. :)

...and man...it's been a LOOOOOONG time since I've purchased a Wrestling video game.

• 2 weeks later...

With the exception of CM Punk vs Alberto Del Homo and the main event tag team of Cena/The Rock vs Miz/R-truth the PPV really sucked. The worst match had to be Big Show vs Mark Henry. On paper the two biggest dudes in WWE should have been awesome to watch. Unfortunately they both ran out of gas two minutes in and 10 minutes of weezing later it ended with Mark Henry Low blowing Big Show. The Raw match leading up to this one was tons better for them(you can't go wrong imploding the ring under their weight) it really should have been a hardcore match.

I got all kinds of respect for Eve Torres and her willingness to take a bump. Unfortunately that makes her the Diva's jobber and Beth Phoenix beat the snot out of her and glam slammed her off the top rope. Given that neither woman could get up at all afterwords leads me to believe someone got legitimately hurt. Immediatly after the move Beth grabbed her stomach in a oh crap that hurt way before scurring for a quick pin.

As for WWE 12 I picked that up and its fun, but I need to get used to the controls as they are completely different than last years version. I love the old school wrestlers in it like Demolition(ax and smash), The road warriors, Vader(legitimately scares me), Arn Anderson, and Booker T. The story mode revolves around the return of WCW.

Edit: One other thing Layla's head on her model is messed up like its super deformed version when compared to the other wrestlers and diva's.

Edited by renegadeleader1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wrestlemana XXVIII is today.

Four big matches today.

1. Taker vs Tripe-H (Part III) HELL IN A CELL "The End of an Era"

2. CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho "Best in the World vs. Best in the World" for the WWE Championship.

3. The Rock vs. John Cena

4. Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan for the World Heavyweight Championship

And here are the WrestleMania XXVIII results:

Dark Match: WWE Tag Team Championship (Triple Threat)
Primo & Epico def. Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd and The Usos

World Heavyweight Championship
Sheamus landed a Brogue Kick to Daniel Bryan to become the new World Champion in 18 seconds!

Kane choke slammed Randy Orton off the top rope.

WWE Intercontinental Championship
The Big Show landed the WMD on Cody Rhodes to become the new Intercontinental Champion.

WWE Divas Tag Team Match
Kelly Kelly & Maria Menounos def. Beth Phoenix & Eve after Maria did a quick roll on Beth.

"End of an Era" Hell in a Cell (Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels)
The Undertaker made Triple H rest in peace. The undefeated WM streak continues at 20-0.

12-Man Tag Team Match for GM Position of both RAW and SmackDown
Team Johnny Laurinitis (David Otunga, Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, The Miz and Drew McIntyre) def. Team Teddy Long (Santino Marella, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Zack Ryder, The Great Khali and Booker T) after the Miz landed the Skull-Crushing Finale on Ryder. After the match, Eve kicked Ryder in the nuts.

WWE Heavyweight Championship
CM Punk trapped Chris Jericho in the Anaconda Vise to retain the championship.

Icon vs. Wanna-Be
The Rock landed the Rock Bottom on John Cena.

Edited by areaseven

Lesnar had this planned with the WWE for a year. Remember his last match against Goldberg where it was made known both were leaving the WWE and they tanked it? Lesnar did the same thing in his last UFC match. He tanked it so he wouldn't risk injury, then abruptly retired.

I wonder if The Rock is going to hang around for a while. I'm pretty sure he could win the championship, continue making making movies, only do matches at PPV events, and nobody would have a problem.

Edited by renegadeleader1

I don't know wether to laugh or cry.

On the one hand The Four Horsemen have retuned, but on the other hand they're in McMahon's clutches.

Oh, how I pray for the day that Ted Turner returns to returns to the ranks of wrestling. Jesus, do I miss TNT Nitro.

By the way, the Kane and Paul Bearer question I posted was retorical, guys.

Edited by Wanzerfan

• 6 months later...

Well I just pre-ordered WWE 13. Looks to be pretty good this year, they dropped the road to wrestlemania and added an attitude era storyline. They've finally stopped gimping the Diva's division allowing them to have 6 women matches and partake in most of the regular matches they were blocked from.

Roster highlights:

Current and classic Rock

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Dx, current, and blue blood HHH

Lita

Trish Stratus

Farooq(NOD+acolytes) and Bradshaw(acolyte+JBL)

Ken Shamrock

Road Dogg and Mr. Ass Billy Gunn

DDP Diamond Dallas Paige(DLC)

Brian Pillman

N.O.D and current Mark Henry

Brett Hart

Big Boss Man

Road Warriors

Eddie Guerrero

Val Venis(DLC)

And most importantly making his return appearence since the original smackdown game The Godfather complete with Ho Train! You know I'm teaming him with Brodus "funkasaurus" Clay in universe mode.

Finally in case any of you and wondering what the pre-order bonus is, its.... "Iron" Mike Tyson.

• 2 months later...

And now for a blast from the past. Long before Monday Night RAW, the WWF kept fans glued to their TV sets every Saturday and Sunday mornings with Superstars of Wrestling and Wrestling Challenge. Sure, they were filled with squash matches, but they weren't overburdened with the soap opera crap you see on RAW and SmackDown! these days.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This month, we remember the 12th anniversary of the end of the Monday Night War. In March 2001, after a five-year ratings war that saw professional wrestling reach its mainstream peak, Vinnie Mac whipped out his checkbook and bought World Championship Wrestling from AOL TimeWarner for a measly US$4 million.

And so brings up the question: What was your initial reaction when you heard that WWF bought WCW?

WrestleMania 29 will take place in April 7 at the MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The PPV is expected to draw in over 90,000 fans in attendance. So far, here are the matches and my predictions:

WWE Championship: The Rock © vs. John Cena

The People's Champ beat Cena at last year's WM. Let's hope that streak continues, especially since The Rock introduced a brand-new championship belt late last month (and we all know what will happen if Cena wins).

World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio © vs. Jack Swagger

Tough call, but I'll give this one to Swagger.

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk

Over the past two decades, the Undertaker has dominated WM with an undefeated streak, but will it all end in the hands of CM Punk?

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar

As much as I don't like the guy in the ring, I'll predict a win for HHH.

Diamond Dallas Page currently hosts his own reality show on YouTube called DDPtv. Since November, he's been helping Jake "The Snake" Roberts get his life back together after decades of drugs and alcohol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g97pMR6JeRg

Earlier this year, Scott Hall moved in with DDP and Jake. Unfortunately, decades of pain and drug abuse have taken their toll on his left hip, and he needs help more than ever.