The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread 2

• 2 weeks later...

WWE Payback Results

Pre-Show

Sheamus def. Damien Sandow

WWE Intercontinental Championship - Triple-Threat

"Mr. Perfect, Jr." Curtis Axel def. Wade Barrett and The Miz to become the new I-C Champion

WWE Divas Championship

AJ Lee def. Kaitlyn to become the new Divas Champion

WWE United States Championship

Dean Ambrose def. Kane by count-out to retain the title

World Heavyweight Championship

Alberto Del Rio def. Dolph Ziggler to regain the World title

Best in the World Returns

CM Punk def. Chris Jericho

WWE Tag Team Championship

The Shield (Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins) def. Daniel Bryan & Randy Orton

WWE Championship - Three Stages of Cenation

Lumberjack Match - John Cena: 0; Ryback: 1

Tables Match - John Cena: 1; Ryback: 1

Ambulance Match - John Cena: 2; Ryback: 1

Vanilla Ice retains the WWE title :angry:

Guest davidwhangchoi

Just some comments and predictions even though there's not that many(just a few) wrestling fans on here:

Ryback is going mid card, nowhere for him to go. If he rematches Cena, i'm not watching again.

Sheamus is stale and needs a change soon.

CM Punk needs an opponent other than Jericho

Mark Henry need a good feud, i think he's going to get a title run push very soon.

Del Rio's going to drop the belt soon. trilogy with Ziggy or get Mark in there to punish someone "THAT"S WHAT I DO!!!"

Daniel Bryant has to start going to singles matches soon.

Axel can't talk and mediocre in ring skills living off his dad's name... who he going to beat now for people to take him seriously, undertaker?

Cena needs a new person to bury. I think it should be Sandow....or Axel

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Just some comments and predictions even though there's not that many(just a few) wrestling fans on here:

Ryback is going mid card, nowhere for him to go. If he rematches Cena, i'm not watching again.

Sheamus is stale and needs a change soon.

CM Punk needs an opponent other than Jericho

Mark Henry need a good feud, i think he's going to get a title run push very soon.

Del Rio's going to drop the belt soon. trilogy with Ziggy or get Mark in there to punish someone "THAT"S WHAT I DO!!!"

Daniel Bryant has to start going to singles matches soon.

Axel can't talk and mediocre in ring skills living off his dad's name... who he going to beat now for people to take him seriously, undertaker?

Cena needs a new person to bury. I think it should be Sandow....or Axel

i think i should be in charge of WWE booking. got alot of predictions pretty close, watching raw tonight.

Mark Henry's getting a title push! "THAT'S WHAT I DO!!!" slams Cena!!! and everyone cheers thank you Mark!

oh, man his post backstage promo was hilarious

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

wow that's crazy nice clip! interesting stuff to watch.

tonight's Raw was the first time i watched 3/4 of the way without switching the channels.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Best segment on Raw in a long time!!!

Post interview "The reason i got 2 boots, is because imma leave one of them in his rear end" -Mark Henry

• 3 weeks later...

WWE Money in the Bank Results

Pre-Show - WWE Tag Team Championship

Wow... last month, The Shield were on a roll. Now they've been relegated to pre-show status. What an embarrassment.

Money in the Bank - World Heavyweight Championship Contract

From out of nowhere, WWE decided to give long-time mid-carder Damien Sandow the briefcase, edging out Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes, Dean Ambrose, Jack Swagger, Antonio Cesaro, and Faaannn... daaaaannnnn... gooooo...

WWE Intercontinental Championship

"Mr. Perfect, Jr." Curtis Axel def. The Miz.

WWE Divas Championship

AJ Lee made Kaitlyn tap out.

Ryback def. Chris Jericho. Y2J just can't get a break anymore.

Alberto Del Rio def. Dolph Ziggler via DQ. Yawn.

WWE Championship

John Cena made Mark Henry tap out. Double Yawn.

Money in the Bank - WWE Championship Contract

Randy Orton snatched the briefcase before Rob Van Dam, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus and Christian. Orton still sucks.

Guest davidwhangchoi

that was the best PPV this year by far.

Sandow has a lot of talent, the brass doesn't want to push him to fast or he might end up like Ryback in no mans land after rising too fast.

Cody should hopefully go somewhere now that he's splitting up from tagteam (hopefully)

Y2J is just there to put people over, he will never be in the main event until he is about to retire and they'll give him one last push.

Curtis Axel has no personality.

the Shield are amazing, they make every match exciting.

And Daniel Bryant is so over w/ the crowd.

that was a brutal match. i think there were some legit or almost injury's to Sheamus.

Punk got split open but they wiped the blood off before shooting the camera for the pg crowd.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Just days after winning the Money in the Bank WWE Championship contract, Orton suffered a cervical strain and cervical neuropraxia during this week's SmackDown taping.

Randy Orton Injured During SmackDown Taping

RVD and Pepsi Boy were busted open, each requiring dozens of staples. Because this is the PG era, the photos below are in black-and-white.

Rob Van Dam and CM Punk Treated by Doctors after Money in the Bank 2013

Edited by areaseven

• 3 weeks later...

Last week, during the SmackDown World Tour in Cape Town, South Africa, Randy Orton was attacked by a fan. The fan was a wrestler from an independent promotion who simply didn't like Orton and just wanted to vent out his frustration in the best way possible.

It's a given that house shows have very poor security compared to PPV and televised events, but this is ridiculous. The guy could've had a gun or knife.

Randy Orton Attacked by Fan at WWE Event in South Africa

Wow?

She has a model's figure and good bone structure. They've got a very well paid photographer with a team consisting of experts in hair, makeup, styling, lighting and photo shop.

Stacey is bringing a good basic foundation but the team is bringing out the wow factor.

Wow?

She has a model's figure and good bone structure. They've got a very well paid photographer with a team consisting of experts in hair, makeup, styling, lighting and photo shop.

Stacey is bringing a good basic foundation but the team is bringing out the wow factor.

You know, I was thinking the same exact thing. I'm not surprised in the least especially given everything you've touched apon and her perfect supermodel height.

SummerSlam is just five days away. Here's the card:

WWE Championship - Special Guest Referee: Triple-H

John Cena © vs. Daniel Bryan

- We all want Cena to drop the belt, but don't expect Bryan to be champ for long, or at all. Randy Orton taunted both men with his Money in the Bank briefcase on RAW.

Alberto Del Rio © vs. Christian

- Captain Charisma deserves to be champ again.

United States Championship - Pre-Show Kickoff

Dean Ambrose © vs. Rob Van Dam

- RVD returns to the WWE Universe, and he's relegated to a pre-show?!

Ring of Fire

Kane vs. Bray Wyatt

- As WWE Studios just announced the production of See No Evil 2, expect Kane to lose and take time off to do his movie.

CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar

- Tough call, given how dangerous Lesnar is. Expect Pepsi Boy to come out on top, though.

Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow

- Both are great athletes in the ring, and both finally have a spotlight on them. So this is gonna be a coin-toss.

Mixed Tag Team Match

Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn vs. Big E Langston & AJ Lee

- I don't care much about mixed tag matches, but the mischievous AJ has something up her sleeve.

Natalya (with the Funkadactyls) vs. Brie Bella (with Eva Marie and Nikki Bella)

- Two words: piss-break.

Here's Steph to tell you more.

Edited by areaseven

"If I could be serious for a minute..." - Lance Storm

Time for a little rant. For the past decade or so, the WWE has been suffering in quality and TV ratings due to a lack of competition. Then, a few years back, it was speculated that TNA was that much-needed competition. Unfortunately, the company has stumbled on its own share of problems. Once the home of up-and-coming stars such as AJ Styles and Samoa Joe, TNA - just like WCW - started bringing in Sting, Hogan and countless wrestlers past their prime. Present-era superstars such as Kurt Angle, RVD and Christian also jumped ship to TNA, but to varying degrees of success. Christian was champion during the time TNA was still part of the NWA, but he does not consider his reign as a high point of his career. RVD held the TNA title for just one day. Angle has held the TNA title the most number of times, but he's currently undergoing rehab after yet another DUI arrest. TNA even tried to restart the Monday Night Wars in 2010, but in less than six months, Impact! couldn't take the heat and moved back to Thursday nights.

TNA can't even get their storylines right. No one cares about these wanna-be bikers that call themselves Aces & Eights. Giving Bully Ray the belt does not make him better than his days as a Dudley Boy. Chris Sabin, who was TNA Champion this past month, can't draw a crowd simply because he's too much of a nice guy. And this was evident when he beat Bully Ray last month; the crowd cheered not because Sabin won, but because Bully Ray lost. Making matters worse is TNA and Spike TV's attempt at cross-promoting MMA by bringing in Rampage Jackson and Tito Ortiz, who made the single worst surprise promo in the form of the August 1 warning.

And how about those crowds. But then again, what crowds? Early this year, TNA decided not to renew their contract with Universal Studios Florida; as a result, the Impact Zone has been vacated. Since then, they've been bringing Impact Wrestling across some parts of the U.S. In venues that can hold at least 10,000 fans, they're lucky if they can fill up 1,500 seats before draping the back rows in black. Ring of Honor is obviously a smaller promotion with very little TV coverage, yet they manage to draw heavier crowds on a regular basis.

As I had mentioned a few years back, TNA - just like WCW - is a promotion running on borrowed money. In 2002, just months after its inception, TNA was facing bankruptcy when Panda Energy heiress Dixie Carter begged her daddy to buy the promotion. It's been 11 years, and who knows how much money Panda Energy has lost since the acquisition? Word on the street is that TNA's roster is shrinking rapidly, with a dozen or so wrestlers being shown the door over the past month. It's inevitable that Vinnie Mac will spend his lunch money to absorb TNA soon, but that will continue to hurt the wrestling business due to the continuing lack of competition.

To end this rant, I ask all fellow MWers this question: What's the best way to save TNA and the professional wrestling industry as a whole?

WWE SummerSlam Results

Pre-Show Kickoff - United States Championship

Rob Van Dam def. Dean Ambrose by DQ after Roman Reigns speared him.

Ring of Fire

Bray Wyatt landed the "Sister Abigail" on Kane. See No Evil 2 to start production immediately.

Cody Rhodes nailed the Cross Rhodes on Damien Sandow.

Alberto Del Rio made Christian tap out to the Cross Armbreaker.

Natalya locked Brie Bella in the Sharpshooter.

No-Disqualification

Brock Lesnar put CM Punk in the F-5.

Mixed Tag Team

Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn def. Big E Langston & AJ Lee after Ziggler landed the Zig Zag on Langston.

Daniel Bryan landed a flying knee on John Cena to become the new champion...

BUT WAIT!

During the celebration, Randy Orton appeared to do a brief staredown with Bryan before walking away. Then, without warning, HHH squashed Bryan with the Pedigree. Orton then cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase and covered Bryan for the pin.

Orton is champ again. :angry::angry::angry:

Guest davidwhangchoi

WWE SummerSlam Results

Pre-Show Kickoff - United States Championship

Rob Van Dam def. Dean Ambrose by DQ after Roman Reigns speared him.

Ring of Fire

Bray Wyatt landed the "Sister Abigail" on Kane. See No Evil 2 to start production immediately.

Cody Rhodes nailed the Cross Rhodes on Damien Sandow.

Alberto Del Rio made Christian tap out to the Cross Armbreaker.

Natalya locked Brie Bella in the Sharpshooter.

No-Disqualification

Brock Lesnar put CM Punk in the F-5.

Mixed Tag Team

Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn def. Big E Langston & AJ Lee after Ziggler landed the Zig Zag on Langston.

Daniel Bryan landed a flying knee on John Cena to become the new champion...

BUT WAIT!

During the celebration, Randy Orton appeared to do a brief staredown with Bryan before walking away. Then, without warning, HHH squashed Bryan with the Pedigree. Orton then cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase and covered Bryan for the pin.

Orton is champ again. :angry::angry::angry:

this is a good sign. looks like they're committed to giving Daniel Bryant a long time in the main event by making Orton and triple H heels. It looks like they're going to make this a main draw for several months trying to build momentum for a huge payoff. Esp now that Cena is gone. Bryant challenging the corporation. sounds like a poor man's steve austin angle.

i like Cody and hope he finally get's some momentum. i think he's got all the tools to be a star. but not sure how it's going to happen for him in the main event. his matches are pretty dead with the crowd.

all they have to do now is bring back Batista and Flair... Evolution!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 3 weeks later...

WWE Night of Champions airs this Sunday on PPV. Here's the card and my predictions:

Kickoff: Tag Team Turmoil for a shot at the WWE Tag Team Championship

The Prime Time Players (Darren Young & Titus O'Neil) vs. Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay & Tensai) vs. The Usos (Jimmy & Jey) vs. 3MB (any pairing of Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre & Jinder Mahal) vs. The Real Americans (Jack Swagger & Antonio Cesaro)

- It's a roundup of the most underused superstars in the current roster. When all is said and done, it's gonna be the Prime Time Players, given the amount of media coverage surrounding Darren Young's recent coming out of the closet.

WWE Championship: Randy Orton © vs. Daniel Bryan

Will Bryan get his revenge, or will he get screwed over again, and again, and again?

World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio © vs. Rob Van Dam

Here's what will happen: Ricardo Rodriguez, who sided with RVD after being dumped by Del Rio, screws over RVD to show he was working for Del Rio all along. Then he suddenly screws over Del Rio when Damien Sandow cashes in his Money in the Bank briefcase, showing he was working for Sandow all along.

Elimination Handicap Match: CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel & Paul Heyman

The main stipulation of this match is that Heyman must compete, or he's fired. Either Pepsi Boy wins this, or Brock Lesnar does a run-in and F-5's him.

WWE Divas Championship - Fatal Four Way: AJ Lee © vs. Natalya vs. Brie Bella vs. Naomi

Two words: Piss Break.

WWE Tag Team Championship: The Shield (Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns) © vs. Tag Team Turmoil Winners

The Shield were unstoppable the first time around, but when they became Vinnie Mac's cronies, they stopped being interesting. Regardless of which, expect them to hold on to the belts.

Edited by areaseven

WWE Night of Champions Results

Kick-Off: Tag Team Turmoil for a shot at the WWE Tag Team Championship

The Prime Time Players (Darren Young & Titus O'Neil) def. Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay & Tensai), The Usos (Jimmy & Jey), 3MB (any pairing of Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre & Jinder Mahal) and The Real Americans (Jack Swagger & Antonio Cesaro).

WWE Intercontinental Championship

"Mr. Perfect Jr." Curtis Axel © did a neckbreaker on Kofi Kingston.

WWE Divas Championship - Fatal Four Way

AJ Lee © def. Natalya, Brie Bella and Naomi after landing the Black Widow on Natalya.

Rob Van Dam def. Alberto Del Rio © by disqualification after Del Rio refused to release the Cross Armbreaker while RVD had his foot on the rope. After the match, RVD nailed Del Rio with the Van Terminator.

The Miz made Faaannn... daaaaannnnn... goooooooooo... tap out to the figure-four leglock.

Elimination Handicap Match

CM Punk made Curtis Axel GTS and tap out to the Anaconda Vise, but Paul Heyman pinned him after Ryback ran in and speared him.

WWE United States Championship

Dean Ambrose © wasted Dolph Ziggler with the headlock driver.

WWE Tag Team Championship

The Shield (Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns) © def. The Prime Time Players (Darren Young & Titus O'Neil) after Reigns speared O'Neil.

WWE Championship

Daniel Bryan landed a flying kick to Randy Orton to regain the WWE title.

Edited by areaseven

Guest davidwhangchoi

I really have a feeling based on the switching ref's for WWE Championship match, there going to be some reversal tomorrow on Monday Night Raw for Daniel Bryan's Title..