The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread 2

WWE Survivor Series Results

Pre-Show Kick-Off

The Miz rolled Kofi Kingston for the pin. After the match, The Miz offered a handshake, but Kingston slapped him. Heel turn for Kingston? I'm shocked.

Team Rhodes vs. Team Shield

1. Dean Ambrose, by Cody Rhodes via rollup.

2. Jack Swagger, by Jey Uso via Superfly Splash.

3. Antonio Cesaro, by Cody via rollup.

4. Jimmy Uso, by Roman Reigns via spear.

5. Cody, by Reigns via spear.

6. Jey Uso, by Seth Rollins via head stomp.

7. Rollins, by Rey Mysterio via rollup.

8. Goldust, by Reigns via bulldog.

9. Mysterio, by Reigns via spear.

Winner & Sole Survivor: Roman Reigns

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Big E Langston © landed The Big Ending on "Mr. Imperfect" Curtis Axel.

Total Divas vs. True Divas

1. Alicia Fox, by Naomi via moonsault.

2. Cameron, by Rosa Mendes.

3. Rosa, by Nikki Bella.

4. Summer Rae, by Nikki via dropkick to the face.

5. Eva Marie, by Kaitlyn via kick to the gut.

6. Naomi, by Kaitlyn via kick to the gut.

7. Kaitlyn, by Brie Bella via missile dropkick.

8. Brie, by Aksana via spinebuster.

9. Aksana, by Nikki via backbreaker.

10. Jo Jo, by AJ Lee after Tamina Snuka nailed her with a Samoan Drop.

11. Tamina, by Natalya via Sharpshooter.

12. AJ, by Natalya via Sharpshooter.

Winner and Sole Survivor(s): Natalya (and Nikki Bella) - Major screw-up right here, as the announcers forgot all about Nikki.

Ryback Has Fallen, and He Can't Get Up

Mark Henry landed the World's Strongest Slam on Ryback.

World Heavyweight Championship

John Cena © nailed the Attitude Adjustment on Alberto Del Rio.

CM Punk & Daniel Bryan def. Erick Rowan & Luke Harper after Pepsi Boy made Harper GTS.

WWE Championship

Randy Orton © def. Big Show via RKO and punt kick. After the match, Triple H, Stephanie Mac and Kane entered the ring to celebrate with Orton. Suddenly, Cena showed up and has a small confrontation with Orton.

Guest davidwhangchoi

WWE Survivor Series Results

Pre-Show Kick-Off

The Miz rolled Kofi Kingston for the pin. After the match, The Miz offered a handshake, but Kingston slapped him. Heel turn for Kingston? I'm shocked.

Total Divas vs. True Divas

1. Alicia Fox, by Naomi via moonsault.

2. Cameron, by Rosa Mendes.

3. Rosa, by Nikki Bella.

4. Summer Rae, by Nikki via dropkick to the face.

5. Eva Marie, by Kaitlyn via kick to the gut.

6. Naomi, by Kaitlyn via kick to the gut.

7. Kaitlyn, by Brie Bella via missile dropkick.

8. Brie, by Aksana via spinebuster.

9. Aksana, by Nikki via backbreaker.

10. Jo Jo, by AJ Lee after Tamina Snuka nailed her with a Samoan Drop.

11. Tamina, by Natalya via Sharpshooter.

12. AJ, by Natalya via Sharpshooter.

Winner and Sole Survivor(s): Natalya (and Nikki Bella) - Major screw-up right here, as the announcers forgot all about Nikki.

World Heavyweight Championship

John Cena © nailed the Attitude Adjustment on Alberto Del Rio.

CM Punk & Daniel Bryan def. Erick Rowan & Luke Harper after Pepsi Boy made Harper GTS.

WWE Championship

Randy Orton © def. Big Show via RKO and punt kick. After the match, Triple H, Stephanie Mac and Kane entered the ring to celebrate with Orton. Suddenly, Cena showed up and has a small confrontation with Orton.

felt like Monday Night Raw was just a re run of the results you posted. boring....

TBH, i think i would like hogan and sting to come back now... WWE is so stale... i'd rather look forward to 50-60 old wrestlers to return...

• 2 weeks later...

TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs is this Sunday on PPV. As usual, here are my predictions:

Title-for-Title TLC Match: John Cena (World) vs. Randy Orton (WWE)

2013 will most likely go out as WWE's worst year, and while unifying both main championships is a good thing, it's with the wrong wrestlers. Therefore, it's not worth watching.

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Big E Langston © vs. Damien Sandow

It's obvious that Big E is not getting over with the crowd and Sandow is the most misused wrestler in the roster. Big E will most likely squash Sandow. What a waste.

WWE Divas Championship: AJ Lee © vs. Natalya

Two words: Piss break.

3-on-1 Handicap: CM Punk vs. The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins)

The Shield has lost their steam, so expect Pepsi Boy to win.

3-on-1 Handicap: Daniel Bryan vs. The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan)

Bryan doesn't deserve this humiliation.

Pre-Show Kickoff: Faaannn... daaaaannnnn... gooooo... vs. Dolph Ziggler

What a waste of Ziggler's talent.

WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs Results

Pre-Show Kick-Off

Faaannn... daaaaannnnn... gooooo... landed the flying leg drop on Dolph Ziggler.

3-on-1 Handicap Match #1

CM Punk def. The Shield (Marcus Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns) after Reigns accidentally speared Ambrose.

WWE Divas Championship

AJ Lee © def. Natalya after reversing the Sharpshooter with a rollup with a handful of hair.

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Big E Langston © nailed the Big Ending on Damien Sandow.

WWE Tag Team Championship - Fatal 4-Way

1. Ryback & Curtis Axel, by Cody Rhodes & Goldust via rollup on Ryback.

2. Jack Swagger & Antonio Cesaro, by Big Show & Rey Mysterio via WMD on Swagger.

3. Big Show & Mysterio, by Rhodes & Goldust via Cross Rhodes on Mysterio.

Winners and Still Tag Team Champions: Cody Rhodes & Goldust

R-Truth pinned Brodus Clay after nailing a kick to the jaw.

No Disqualification

Kofi Kingston pinned The Miz after executing a mid-air dropkick.

3-on-1 Handicap Match #2

The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan & Luke Harper) def. Daniel Bryan after Bray did the Sister Abigail on Bryan.

WWE Title Unification Match - TLC

Randy Orton def. John Cena to become the new Unified WWE Champion.

i didn't see it. how did orton win? cleanly or was it due to outside interference? i guess i'll watch raw tonight...

Surprisingly, there was no outside interference. At one point, Orton handcuffed Cena on the bottom rope. Cena unscrewed one of the turnbuckles to get to the middle of the ring and keep Orton from climbing up the ladder, but being handcuffed to the rope prevented him from reaching the top of the ladder. Orton simply yanked Cena off the ladder with the rope and left the ring all to himself.

Jim Cornette on WWE's recent Title Unification:

"I think it would be best to have one champion and make it feel more special but I also think the horse has left the barn, cowboy.

"I hate to be Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer but you can see why when I watch the current product it gives me gas, because for years in wrestling everyone knew who the World Champion was.

"Of course it depended what part of the country you were. For most of the country, the NWA champion was the champion people knew. Harley Race would hold the title for 3 years, Dory Funk Jr. would have it for 3 years, Ric Flair would hold it for an amount of time, Lou Thesz, you know, practically lived with the thing. Everybody knew he's the champ. In the AWA it was generally Verne Gagne. In the northeast it was Bruno Sammartino... no matter who came and went, everyone knew, Bruno's the champ.

"Well, now the problem is, the title instead of being viewed as the prize in sports, the titles have been used as props. Oh lets switch the belt onto this guy or that guy, oh let the guy cash in a briefcase and cover the dead guy that's just been beaten up, it's just been turned into a prop, it's been devalued, it's been prostituted.

"Besides that, now that everyone pretty much knows pro wrestling is choreographed, pre-determined, whatever you wanna call it, everyone knows you're not really the champion and someone just awards you it. The only thing that ever annoyed me about the Bret Hart screwjob in Montreal is Bret called the newspapers in Montreal to tell them he's been screwed and hadn't really lost the title - well he didn't call them when he won the thing and say oh I didn't really win it, someone just gave it to me.

"Now, it's a shiny belt that people can buy a replica of and it's another tool in our toolkit that we've devalued to the point where it doesn't make us any money anymore and it's sad."

Source: Inside the Ropes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Royal Rumble is coming this Sunday. Here's the card, along with my predictions:

The Royal Rumble

- As of today, 20 participants have been confirmed. CM Punk has been given the #1 spot by the Authority. So far, the only ones most likely to win are Punk and Batista.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Pinfall or Submission: Randy Orton © vs. John Cena

- No one cares about these two anymore.

Big Show vs. Brock Lesnar

- Unless they destroy the ring again like over a decade ago on

, no one cares.

Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt

- Get it over with and put Bryan back into the Championship chase.

Pre-Show Kickoff: WWE Tag Team Championship - Cody Rhodes & Goldust © vs. The New Age Outlaws ("Road Dogg" Jesse James & "Bad Ass" Billy Gunn)

- Why is this the kickoff match? This is far more interesting than the main event.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages. D-Generation X proudly brings to you... its six-time WWE... TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOOOOOOORRRRRLLLLLDDDDD!!! The Road Dogg Jesse James! The Bad Ass Billy Gunn! THE NEW AGE OUTLAWS!!!"

"And if you're not down with that, we've got two words for you..."

WWE Royal Rumble 2014 Results

Pre-Show Kickoff: WWE Tag Team Championship

The New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg Jesse James & Bad Ass Billy Gunn) def. Cody Rhodes & Goldust © for the title after Gunn landed the Fame-ass-er on Cody.

Bray Wyatt introduced Daniel Bryan to Sister Abigail.

Brock Lesnar did the F-5 on Big Show.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Pinfall or Submission Only

Randy Orton © landed the RKO on John Cena.

The Royal Rumble

Entry Order

1. CM Punk

2. Seth Rollins

3. Damien Sandow

4. Cody Rhodes

5. Kane

6. Alexander Rusev

7. Jack Swagger

8. Kofi Kingston

9. Jimmy Uso

10. Goldust

11. Dean Ambrose

12. Dolph Ziggler

13. R-Truth

14. Kevin "Big Daddy Cool Diesel" Nash

15. Roman Reigns

16. The Great Khali

17. Sheamus

18. The Miz

19. Faaannn... daaaaannnnn... gooooo...

20. El Torito

21. Antonio Cesaro

22. Luke Harper

23. Jey Uso

24. John "Bradshaw" Layfield

25. Erick Rowan

26. Ryback

27. Alberto Del Rio

28. Batista

29. Big E Langston

30. Rey Mysterio

Order of Elimination

1. Sandow, by Pepsi Boy

2. Kane, by Pepsi Boy

3. Rusev, by Kingston, Pepsi Boy, Cody and Rollins

4. R-Truth, by Ambrose

5. Jimmy Uso, by Ambrose

6. Swagger, by Diesel

7. Kingston, by Reigns

8. Ziggler, by Reigns

9. Diesel, by Reigns

10. Khali, by Reigns

11. Cody, by Goldust (the brotherly feud begins)

12. Goldust, by Reigns

13. Faaannn... daaaaannnnn... gooooo..., by El Torito

14. El Torito, by Reigns

15. JBL, by Reigns

16. The Miz, by Harper

17. Jey Uso, by Harper

18. Rowan, by Batista

19. Ryback, by Batista

20. Del Rio, by Batista

21. Langston, by Sheamus

22. Mysterio, by Rollins

23. Harper, by Reigns

24. Rollins, by Reigns (The Shield breakup begins)

25. Ambrose, by Reigns

26. Cesaro, by Reigns

27. Pepsi Boy, by Kane (illegally)

28. Sheamus, by Reigns

29. Reigns, by Batista

Winner: Batista

Despite Batista's win, it was Roman Reigns who stole the show by singlehandedly eliminating 12 Superstars.

Two major headlines this week:

CM Punk Calls It Quits

Word out on the street is that CM Punk has left the WWE, citing dissatisfaction with the management and their decision to make Batista the Royal Rumble winner. His contract was supposed to expire this Summer and he was scheduled to face HHH at WrestleMania XXX, but backstage on RAW, he told Vinnie Mac he was going home. He also vented some of his frustrations at the recent Wizard World Convention in Portland, OR. Meanwhile, there have been reports of security confiscating CM Punk signs during the NXT taping. Whether this is legit or a work is unknown.

Sting Leaves TNA, Jumps to WWE?

Following his loss to Magnus, Sting has left TNA as his contract has expired. WWE hasn't finalized a deal with him, but they're already working on Sting merchandise designs.

Edited by areaseven

WWE Elimination Chamber is on Sunday, February 23. So far, two matches have been announced:

WWE World Championship - Elimination Chamber: Randy Orton © vs. John Cena vs. Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Antonio Cesaro vs. Christian

- Sadly, RKO is gonna keep the belt by the end of this match. Everyone wants Daniel Bryan to regain the belt, but it will not happen here. No one cares about Cena anymore. And the addition of Sheamus, Cesaro, and Christian seem like an afterthought - mostly due to CM Punk walking out last week. As much as I want Christian to be champion again, HHH and Stephanie Mac won't let it happen.

Six-Man Tag Team Match: The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan) vs. The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns)

- Expect the Wyatts to win and The Shield to break up, with Roman Reigns turning babyface.

Guest davidwhangchoi

that's awesome. he's the best wrestler by far in terms of ring ability. too bad the company doesn't believe in him.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

i don't know where i should put this but the green power ranger Jason David Frank wants to fight CM Punk in MMA. i wonder if it will happen...

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/2/5/5382698/green-power-ranger-offers-to-fight-cm-punk-in-world-series-of-fighting

http://extramustard.si.com/2014/02/06/the-green-power-ranger-challenged-cm-punk-to-an-mma-fight/