The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread 2

WWE Battleground is on Sunday, July 20. Here's the card, along with my predictions:

WWE Championship (Fatal Four-Way): John Cena © vs. Kane vs. Randy Orton vs. Roman Reigns

Everyone watching WWE wants Reigns to be the next Champion, but Triple-H & Co. still think he's green for the title, so expect Vanilla Ice to win again. Yawn.

WWE Intercontinental Championship Battle Royal

On the June 27 episode of SmackDown, Bad News Barrett suffered a torn shoulder after being rammed through the barricade by Jack Swagger. As a result, he has been stripped of the I-C title. Already confirmed to participate are Alberto Del Rio, Big E, Bo Dallas, Cesaro, Curtis Axel, Damien Sandow, Dolph Ziggler, Faaannn... daaaaannnnn... goooo... , Kofi Kingston, Rob Van Dam, Ryback, Sheamus, and The Great Khali. More names to be announced within the next week, but place your bets on Cesaro, Sandow, or Ziggler.

WWE Tag Team Championship (2 out of 3 Falls): The Usos (Jimmy & Jey) © vs. The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper & Erick Rowan)

This feud has gone way past its shelf date. Just give the belts to the Wyatts.

WWE Divas Championship: AJ Lee © vs. Paige

Yes, they're both hot, but AJ can't draw a good match while Paige's momentum during her title reign has died out. If anything, WWE should have the title change hands between the two every other week and develop a proper Diva feud.

Chris Jericho vs. Bray Wyatt

Sad to say but every time Y2J returns to WWE, it's only for him to job to a current Superstar. Sister Abigail, 1-2-3, done.

Rusev vs. Jack Swagger

Another piss-break.

Guest davidwhangchoi

was watching Raw tonight and don't pay attention when the women wrestle. but that Paige can talk pretty decent on commentary. Usually Micheal Cole or JBL say some snarky remarks whenever a wwe diva's on commentary but Paige can carry herself pretty well.

was watching Raw tonight and don't pay attention when the women wrestle. but that Paige can talk pretty decent on commentary. Usually Micheal Cole or JBL say some snarky remarks whenever a wwe diva's on commentary but Paige can carry herself pretty well.

And the fact that she is frikkin cute!.....I hope she sharpens her wrestling skills....she's got the mic skills though!

Also....I found it very interesting that they will be showing on the WWE network the CM Punk documentary....the WWE have been trying to make like he has not existed since he left........could this mean a possible return?

Edited by Zen72

Guest davidwhangchoi

And the fact that she is frikkin cute!.....I hope she sharpens her wrestling skills....she's got the mic skills though!

Also....I found it very interesting that they will be showing on the WWE network the CM Punk documentary....the WWE have been trying to make like he has not existed since he left........could this mean a possible return?

i was thinking the same thing... AJ Lee is back as well... hmmm could be just a ploy to get people signed up to WWE Network. (use the guy they want to bury as a means to sell subscriptions)

That's weird - I always thought the opposite, wherein she's the most skilled Diva in terms of in-ring ability, but her mic skills are unconvincing.

The problem is that WWE doesn't know exactly what direction to push her. The whole "anti-Diva" gimmick was almost completely forgotten. Also, her matches were stale simply because the other Divas (other than Alicia Fox) can't really go toe-to-toe with her. Maybe if Gail Kim were to return to the WWE, but that sure will never happen after her last stint with them.

But yeah, Paige really is the hottest Diva in the current roster. :wub:

post-237-0-16407300-1405401881_thumb.jpg

WWE Battleground Results

Pre-Show Kick-Off

Adam Rose did the Party Fowl on Faaannn... daaaaannnnn... gooooo...

Piss-Break 1

Cameron rolled up Naomi for the pin.

WWE Tag Team Championship (2 out of 3 Falls)

Luke Harper nailed Jimmy Uso with a boot. The Wyatt Family: 1, The Usos ©: 0

Roll-up on Harper. Wyatts: 1, Usos: 1

Double Splash on Harper. Wyatts: 1, Usos: 2

Winners, and still WWE Tag Team Champions: The Usos

WWE Divas Championship

AJ Lee © nailed the Shining Wizard on Paige to retain the title.

Piss-Break 2

Rusev def. Jack Swagger via count-out.

Seth Rollins def. Dean Ambrose by forfeit after Ambrose was kicked out of the building by Triple-H earlier in the show.

Chris Jericho nailed the Codebreaker on Bray Wyatt.

WWE Intercontinental Championship - Battle Royal

The Miz won the Battle Royal and the I-C Championship by hiding under the ring and eliminating Dolph Ziggler.

WWE Heavyweight Championship - Fatal Four-Way

John Cena © def. Kane, Randy Orton, and Roman Reigns after landing the Attitude Adjustment on Orton over Kane. Yawn.

Guest davidwhangchoi

You need to.... BO LIEVE :lol: that guy is so funny...

he lost tonight for the first time tonight ever but still got over with the crowd

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Here's the announced SummerSlam card and my predictions.

WWE Heavyweight Championship: John Cena © vs. Brock Lesnar

Sorry, but ever since he came back as a part-time wrestler, Lesnar's been in some of the worst PPV matches in WWE history. This will be no better.

Bray Wyatt vs. Chris Jericho

Wyatt laid down for Y2J, so now it's Y2J's turn to return the favor.

Brie Bella vs. Stephanie McMahon

Piss-break #1.

Flag Match: Jack Swagger vs. Rusev

Piss-break #2.

• 2 weeks later...

Alberto Del Rio Released

Let's face it - the guy has in-ring ability, but no one cared about him since day one. His "Million Dollar Mexican" persona went nowhere and his brief face turn was disastrous, as well as the two times each he held the WWE Heavyweight Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship. Yes, he will not be sorely missed, but WWE needs to be more clear about what happened that got Del Rio fired.

Edited by areaseven

Alberto Del Rio Released

Let's face it - the guy has in-ring ability, but no one cared about him since day one. His "Mexican Million Dollar Man" persona went nowhere and his brief face turn was disastrous, as well as the two times each he held the WWE Heavyweight Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship. Yes, he will not be sorely missed, but WWE needs to be more clear about what happened that got Del Rio fired.

They've updated the announcement. Looks like he got into a fight with someone employeed by the WWE though they are not indicating if it was a wrestler or what.

They've updated the announcement. Looks like he got into a fight with someone employed by the WWE though they are not indicating if it was a wrestler or what.

Least likely a wrestler. More likely someone from the booking staff or one of the executives - maybe even HHH himself.

Never was fond of him, same for the Miz, Vicky, etc

Very few interesting wrestlers now and I am talking Tony Atlas, etc in comparison.

This is exactly the WWE's problem today. Despite a huge number of new names, none of them can draw a dime the way Austin and The Rock did over a decade ago. The current WWE management is too focused on shoving Cena and Orton down our throats.

Here's the updated SummerSlam card and my predictions.

brockcenapool_3mb.png
WWE Heavyweight Championship: John Cena © vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)
Insiders say that Lesnar will win this match and a single new championship belt will be introduced later on. Also, Lesnar's win is to set up Roman Reigns' quest for the title.

Bray Wyatt vs. Chris Jericho
Wyatt laid down for Y2J, so now it's Y2J's turn to return the favor. Even with Luke Harper and Erick Rowan banned from ringside, Wyatt will introduce Y2J to Sister Abigail.

Brie Bella (with Nikki Bella) vs. Stephanie McMahon (with Triple H)
On paper, this is supposed to be a piss-break. However, WWE's completely hyped this match because this marks Nipple H's in-ring return after over a decade. Expect a surprise run-in from Daniel Bryan.

WWE Divas Championship: AJ Lee © vs. Paige

The feud continues, yet the title has not changed hands for over a month. Expect Paige to regain the belt.

Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton

No one cares about RKO anymore and Reigns is on fire.

WWE Intercontinental Championship: The Miz © vs. Dolph Ziggler

Ziggler's been held back for way too long. Just give him the title and have him run for it.

Lumberjack Match: Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins

The two former partners go at it with some allies outside the ring. It's just a matter of who will cooperate with them.

Flag Match: Jack Swagger vs. Rusev (with Lana)
Absolutely no one cares about this feud. Fans will either take a piss-break or just stare at Lana.

Edited by areaseven

tumblr_na0vzbk1Qe1raksfqo1_500.jpg

WWE SummerSlam 2014 Results

Pre-Show Kick-Off

Rob Van Dam landed the Five-Star Frog Splash on Cesaro. So much for Cesaro's push...

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Dolph Ziggler nailed the Zig-Zag on The Miz © to become the new I-C Champ.

WWE Divas Championship

Paige def. AJ Lee © to regain the title after reversing the Black Widow into the RamPaige. Happy Birthday Paige.

Flag Match

Rusev locked an unconscious Jack Swagger in the Accolade.

Lumberjack Match

Seth Rollins def. Dean Ambrose by using his Money in the Bank briefcase.

He's Got Y2J in His Hands

Bray Wyatt introduced Chris Jericho to Sister Abigail.

Stephanie McMahon did the Pedigree on Brie Bella after Nikki Bella attacked her sister.

Roman Reigns speared Randy Orton.

WWE Championship (a.k.a. "The German Suplex Massacre")

Brock Lesnar destroyed John Cena © with 16 German suplexes and two F5s to become the new Champion.

Edited by areaseven

Guest davidwhangchoi

that was a crazy match on summer slam and again tonight between seth rollins and dean ambrose. they are simply amazing. getting power bombed on top of 6 chairs. head getting smashed through concrete. Mick Foley would have been proud.

before it get deleted:

http://youtu.be/BZplJZnl4tc

Edited by davidwhangchoi