Strike a Pose! Ver. 3.0

My God.. is everybody's dislike for Bandai so big on this forum, that your even discrediting them for getting the scaling right against older stuff and Toynami!?

This is after all the company behind HG, MG, PG and a majority of other rightly scaled kits out there.

Not everything Bandai does with Macross is automatically wrong you know.

Just a quickie for my DX Ozma, which I'd decided to display in fighter mode because of the badass skull emblem. Since I don't use the Yamato stands, nor do I trust the made-for-MG-kit MS Stands, I improvised with a clear acrylic card holder instead:

04.jpg

The holder is very stable and tucks in nicely under the fuselage against the opposite leg.

05.jpg

Of course that means removal of the gunpod, but in the bigger scheme of things, no big loss.

06.jpg

One more shot from behind... anyone still notice the terrible swooping wingspan? Not me, I'm just having fun. :-)

My God.. is everybody's dislike for Bandai so big on this forum, that your even discrediting them for getting the scaling right against older stuff and Toynami!?

This is after all the company behind HG, MG, PG and a majority of other rightly scaled kits out there.

Not everything Bandai does with Macross is automatically wrong you know.

Uhh.. read my post properly before you shoot your mouth off? I said Bandai was RIGHT. Since when was I discrediting them?

Uhh.. read my post properly before you shoot your mouth off? I said Bandai was RIGHT. Since when was I discrediting them?

Err... I think you need get your eyes replaced. I read your post, your calculations where right - there was nothing to worry about. So why you're fussing around beats me.

My post was essentially addressed to EVERYBODY or if you want to be more specific to those debating the correctness of scale on the VF-25.

Don't get me wrong people even Bandai can have an off day on scaling, but it's more an exception than the norm. Maybe I was getting ahead of myself, but with the already

huge negative stigma Bandai has on these forums, I thought it was just pushing it too much questioning the scale of a 2009 Bandai toy compared to 80s/90s stuff and Toynami.

Isn't that really more of a Takatoku though?

Well that was my assumption: first Arii and then Taka and Toynami.

Well that was my assumption: first Arii and then Taka and Toynami.

It's was my pic. Yes, the first one on the left is my Arii build. Next to it is a Bandai VF-1A. It actually says Bandai on the box. I was just wondering if the Bandai release was a re-release/copy of the Takatoku or a completely new tooling that has significant changes. I figure Jenius would know more about this.

The angle of the pic makes the height differences a bit hard to gauge. I'll try to post one-on-one photos later tonight when I get home.

Edited by Vifam7

Err... I think you need get your eyes replaced. I read your post, your calculations where right - there was nothing to worry about. So why you're fussing around beats me.

My post was essentially addressed to EVERYBODY or if you want to be more specific to those debating the correctness of scale on the VF-25.

Don't get me wrong people even Bandai can have an off day on scaling, but it's more an exception than the norm. Maybe I was getting ahead of myself, but with the already

huge negative stigma Bandai has on these forums, I thought it was just pushing it too much questioning the scale of a 2009 Bandai toy compared to 80s/90s stuff and Toynami.

You were definitely getting ahead of yourself--- people were wondering whether the VF-1s or the VF-25 were in the correct scale, since both can't be in the correct scale (the VF-25 should be much taller than the VF-1, unlike the toys shown), no one was attacking Bandai at all, except in your head.

There are differences between the Bandai 1A and the Takatoku 1A (in 1/100 scale) but it's pretty clear they used as much of the old mold as possible. Mainly I think they just changed the head a bit to make it less easy to break the antenna but it's been a long time since I looked at both. One of these days I'm really going to need to buy a new tape measure so I can help settle these odd scale debates when they pop up...

It's not orange its red and it is the Toynami Crapsterpiece er I mean Masterpiece collection. I have the first released VF-1J somewhere because I still love the box

nice box, poo toy. and the box does you little good if you keep it a closet (like me). I will say that if you do some panel lining, throw on the Fast packs, and put it in GERWALK mode, it actually looks pretty good from a distance.

Yeah I don't have the FPs for it and I am not going to panel line a toy I care less for but I do display the box though.

Ditto with my VF-1A Ben Dixon. I still have it mainly to show friends the difference between an MPC and a real Valkyrie toy (my 1/48 VF-1S or 1/60 YF-19).

Ditto with my VF-1A Ben Dixon. I still have it mainly to show friends the difference between an MPC and a real Valkyrie toy (my 1/48 VF-1S or 1/60 YF-19).

my kakizaki sort of disintegrated. back pack broke off and then ironically the shoulder broke. :mellow:

Much cooler and more aggressive than the standard Bond pose.

I like it too!

I'm sure I'm asking a dumb question. (But I never bought a V2 1/60th Valk, so bear with me.)

Anyways, can the kneecaps fold down like on the 1/48's?

Much cooler and more aggressive than the standard Bond pose.

I like it too!

I'm sure I'm asking a dumb question. (But I never bought a V2 1/60th Valk, so bear with me.)

Anyways, can the kneecaps fold down like on the 1/48's?

yeah they can.

kicker's badass hik VF-1S pose 1/60 v.2 style... mad props to Kicker773 for the sick pose... :)

gallery_8437_264_70609.jpg

IMG_4772.jpg

Don't forget the good old 1/48! They can be just as cool! :lol:

Actually, I like the way the 1/48 shoulders & neck proportion better. Looks more natural.

Edited by mpchi