Yamato 1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt - Thread 2

azrael

Even with some of the videos on Youtube? I admit it is probably the hardest to transform of the bunch and I had to check out a video to figure it out but I had to with my first Yamato as well.

Yeah the YF-21 was damn hard to transform, but i have found out a few tricks so now i can do it in 5-10mins easily. Hardest part is getting the fingers juuuuust right so you can close the covers properly.

I angle the legs correctly in Battroid mode first and then i detach the backpack completely because its on a pretty loose joint. That helps alot. Then tuck everything in and re-attach and secure eveything together.

Transforming it with FP's on are hard though.

Edited by thankheaven

It finally arrived but why man did they change the box. Doesn't look like its a set now with the 19 and 21. :(

Heh, are you complaining about the size of the box?

If yes, you will be the only person ever in the history of Macrossworld to complain beacuse Yamato actually made a box smaller!

Graham

Heh, are you complaining about the size of the box?

If yes, you will be the only person ever in the history of Macrossworld to complain beacuse Yamato actually made a box smaller!

Graham

Actually a catch-22 on this one. I would have preferred a box along the same style of the other two 1/60 Macross Plus toys. Although I do appreciate the smaller size it just would have been consistent to have the box art and size to coincide with the other two. Heck, what's one more large box going to harm in the scope of things?

That being said, I am really enjoying the smaller boxes and the smaller scale Valks.

Yeah the YF-21 was damn hard to transform, but i have found out a few tricks so now i can do it in 5-10mins easily. Hardest part is getting the fingers juuuuust right so you can close the covers properly.

I angle the legs correctly in Battroid mode first and then i detach the backpack completely because its on a pretty loose joint. That helps alot. Then tuck everything in and re-attach and secure eveything together.

Transforming it with FP's on are hard though.

If ppl thought the 1/60 YF-21 was hard, wait till they tried the 1/72! Equally complicated as the 60 but harder to fit in all the parts. >_<

My 21's legs tend to pop off mid transformation as well which further compounds the issue.

PANIC MODE ON!

It took me a week to notice this... You guys should look for it too.

The Orange outline on the right leg is missing!!!!

post-10971-1243227254_thumb.jpg

This is just 1 out of the 2 I recieved. The other one is perfect...so far.

going to watch a movie right now, wont be able to respond till I get back

Edited by Negotiator

PANIC MODE ON!

Ouch!

PANIC MODE ON!

Sonofa...!! :(

We'll on the bright side you have a super rare LowerViz VF-11B. Shall we open the bidding at $750? :p

PANIC MODE ON!

LOL wow that's pretty funny.

But if you feel you have defective goods on your hands my good man, I'll be more then happy to negotiate a deal with you ..... maybe half of what you paid :-P

har har, lol

I can't lose $100+ on it. if it was cheaper, then maybe...

I didn't notice because the fast packs have been on.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this? I got it from hobbysearch but shipping it back for a replacement wont be worth it, I just really need that one side

replaced, if not then, I'll just paint it myself.

har har, lol

Any suggestions on how to resolve this? I got it from hobbysearch but shipping it back for a replacement wont be worth it, I just really need that one side

You should play with it and send in the meantime a request to overdrive attaching a pic

and you will get a new full leg

it should not be a problem as it is a brand new toy

^_^

cheers

har har, lol

Well if Hobby Search can't work something out for you returning it just leave the fast packs on. It sucks but don't let some fool talk you into selling it for half of what you paid. :lol: That or see if you can work out a replacement leg through Overdrive.

I'm too impatient so went to the craft store for some cheap $1 paint. Couldn't find any orange trim sticker because that would have been much better.

Luckily found this cadmium orange which looks like a pretty close match, but anyway, here's what my afternoon consisted of.

post-10971-1243309074_thumb.jpg

I think it looks better without the orange on the leg. Actually, I don't think mine has it either. I need to check when I get home tonight.

Edit: Never mind, I got the stripes. I keep the fast packs on and in fighter mode, so I didn't remember what the legs had.

Edited by sharky

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my VF-11B removed and posed. Will display it with the YF-19.

Transformation??? So easy a cave man could do it. Seriously! It's less than 10 steps I bet.

Feelin' froggy? I promise ya Guld! You jump yo happy ass over here if you want, but cha' limpin' back homeboy!

gallery_7126_36_712681.jpg

Edited by MacrossMan

got mine yesterday.I must say that yamato did a really good job in fixing joint problem and floppy part.

As a suggestion,to trasform the heat shield part right you can first take off the cockpit and pull the lower shield part in lock,then put back the cockpit and do the upper heat shield part.

I was going to order the rvf-25,but after I saw the review of vf-11b,I feel like man I can't miss this valk

DAMN YOU YAMATO!!!

please forgive my poor english,i am from taiwan :)

Hey your doing better than some! :lol:

Seriously through I can't believe I never thought of taking the bloody cockpit out to pull the heat shield up instead of my "folded straw method"........never thought I could fit it back in if I did that so I never tried.

got mine yesterday.I must say that yamato did a really good job in fixing joint problem and floppy part.

As a suggestion,to trasform the heat shield part right you can first take off the cockpit and pull the lower shield part in lock,then put back the cockpit and do the upper heat shield part.

I was going to order the rvf-25,but after I saw the review of vf-11b,I feel like man I can't miss this valk

DAMN YOU YAMATO!!!

please forgive my poor english,i am from taiwan :)

Thanks for the tip. It really does work. But make sure the cockpit slider at the bottom is all the way "up" (the position to eject the cockpit, not sink it) otherwise you might get the cockpit "stuck" and unable to sink it when you reinsert it after pulling up the lower shield. When that happened, I just slid the slider all the way up to realign it with the slot at the bottom of the cockpit but it does take some force. Otherwise, this, I think is the best way to manage the fiddly lower heat shield, which, prior to using method, I had to pry with the aid of a screwdriver each time I transformed the toy. :wacko:

Edited by todd77

hello guys

been looking at different pics around of the VF-11

I would like to say that a lot of you have the tail mistransformed by mistake

the result is a small looking tail fin

to have a correct position it must make a "clip sound" when locked into place

it is a bit hard to get it into place the first time but easy do not hesitate pull it out until the locking sound ^_^

result

correctly put in place :

DSC03707.jpg

closer

DSC03704.jpg

not locked

DSC03708.jpg

on your left it is correctly transformed

DSC03709.jpg

looks better and not too small at the end

DSC03705.jpg

:rolleyes:

Edited by Ghostkiller

If anyone's thinking of making another VF-11 custom or repaint (nylcbv already made a nice custom Jolly Rogers VF-11 here), I came up with a somewhat appropriate nickname to design and build a custom -11 around: The Double-Down.

hello guys

been looking at different pics around of the VF-11

I would like to say that a lot of you have the tail mistransformed by mistake

the result is a small looking tail fin

to have a correct position it must make a "clip sound" when locked into place

it is a bit hard to get it into place the first time but easy do not hesitate pull it out until the locking sound ^_^

result

correctly put in place :

DSC03707.jpg

closer

DSC03704.jpg

not locked

DSC03708.jpg

on your left it is correctly transformed

DSC03709.jpg

looks better and not too small at the end

DSC03705.jpg

:rolleyes:

You know, I've noticed that pretty often when looking at various VF-11B pics here and elsewhere, but I thought that it may have just been my imagination, combined with some subpar camera-lighting-angle work.

Thanks for pointing that out, compadre. It definitely makes me feel a little better about the 11B.

Edited by zenstudy