Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

Also, I wonder how much gimmicky stuff can be put in to such a behemoth?

Like lights for instance emitting from the thrusters?

[wishful thinking]

I hope that one of the gimmics is that you can take the center piece of the body out to reveal macross city or maybe swapable main guns or launchable mini VF like the bandai TV version or even full detail inside the bridge that would be awesome. or even a lighting system so it can be displayed at night oooh that would be cool. [/wishful thinking]

Maybe would follow suit and be like the Gigantic Lego Star Destroyer with internal scenes to it. Where you can take apart a cross section to see the internal part parts. How about a compartment on the ARMD-01 to reveal a vf- hangar bay.

either way price, or no hefty price I am happy and was expecting yamato to get this one going right. Especially for the DRYL movie Version which I've always liked. I would probably would have to get my friend who own a toy store in LA to get this on for me so I could get it at a decent price. Though ordering if from hlj gets me a minty fresh on. I'm in on this DYLR Version so my wave version can have a BIG brother Yamato version.

we'll have to see how things pan out. looking forward to seeing the details of this baby.

Kudos, Yamato for making a DYRL. just make it affordable so we can by two, or three one to keep. one to play, one extra to sell; because the play one well I going to play with till it breaks.

Edited by indigofx28

If this new SDF-1 did come with 2 sets of cannons, that would be awesome. One set as you see it above, and then another set of cannons blown apart as seen in DYRL when they are on the Protoculture city. That would be sick!!! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

I hope that one of the gimmics is that you can take the center piece of the body out to reveal macross city

One idea I read from HK is transparent windows that let you see the city from the outside. As you see from the movie screen shot there are two large window on the 'legs', and we can see two rather big holes on the prototype of this toy at the same place. It will need internal lighting for that to work.

post-467-1235324738_thumb.jpg

One idea I read from HK is transparent windows that let you see the city from the outside. As you see from the movie screen shot there are two large window on the 'legs', and we can see two rather big holes on the prototype of this toy at the same place. It will need internal lighting for that to work.

I had pointed out earlier that those same windows seem to have panels on the top that look like they could slide down to simulate the fortress going into "safety lockdown". And it also comes with a half-dozen 1/2000 scale VF1s and/or Destroids too. That could be the extent of the gimmicks this thing will have. I'm just glad Yamato was able to fix the main cannon issue that the WAVE version suffers from. There are no open areas on the booms in cruiser mode with this version.

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

How much? :o

Sources at the event are quoting around 50,000 yen...so at the current exchange rate, we're looking at around $535 US. But as unpredictable as the world economy is right now, there's no telling how much this thing will skyrocket in price over the next year (release date is Spring 2010). It could end up costing as much as $800 or as little as $300...

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

As excited as I am at this announcement and the pics. Something as large and undoubtedly expensive will have to be a pass until I read multiple and extensive reviews after it's release. If it has floppy arm syndrome ala 1/100 Koenig then it'll be El Passo Texas for me. However if Yamato can pull this off and have it be issue free.... I'll be all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake. Time will tell...

If this new SDF-1 did come with 2 sets of cannons, that would be awesome. One set as you see it above, and then another set of cannons blown apart as seen in DYRL when they are on the Protoculture city. That would be sick!!! B))

I said the same thing two pages back

I hope they at least include battle damaged main guns that you can swap out

Zentran & Meltran Flagships to match and possibly paired, anyone?

well if they don't make em, you could always just get a dill pickle and glue two yellow skittles to the side and you'd have Breetai's flagship :lol:

Plus EMS shipping depending on weight over $300. I'll still get it!

The price is around $535 US...and shipping will probably be close to $60...so once everything is said and done, you'll be shelling out close to $600. :mellow:

Nice detail. Huge size. But at about $700-800 after shipping, I might as well be admiring a movie prop or something.

Sure, this hobby seems to support interest in hyper-expensive items like the occasional rare vintage piece, or collectors who keep thousands of dollars worth of Yamato's products in their collections. But deliberately setting out on a piece like this - especially at these economic times - might be something of a mistake.

Way outta my league.

Nice detail. Huge size. But at about $700-800 after shipping, I might as well be admiring a movie prop or something.

Sure, this hobby seems to support interest in hyper-expensive items like the occasional rare vintage piece, or collectors who keep thousands of dollars worth of Yamato's products in their collections. But deliberately setting out on a piece like this - especially at these economic times - might be something of a mistake.

Way outta my league.

Agree. It is not a great time to bring out this sort of 'hyper expensive' toy under this diffcult economic time.

1/3000 would be a better choice. It would still be a big toy but a little closer to 1/60 valk's cost.

The price is around $535 US...and shipping will probably be close to $60...so once everything is said and done, you'll be shelling out close to $600. :mellow:

oh well just jumped out of my price range, hopefully the quarter ends up being something i can afford. :(

My one BIG request to Yamato for this toy. RATCHET JOINTS. There is no way in hell ball joints are going to work in posing this toy. The Koenig was a floppy mess, and IMO Q-Rau wasn't that much better. When I pose this thing I'm going to want to know it won't collapse under it's own weight.

My one BIG request to Yamato for this toy. RATCHET JOINTS. There is no way in hell ball joints are going to work in posing this toy. The Koenig was a floppy mess, and IMO Q-Rau wasn't that much better. When I pose this thing I'm going to want to know it won't collapse under it's own weight.

I don't even think ratchets will be enough for the shoulder/elbows. I'm envisioning pull out/in metal pegs to physically lock the pose in place.

I don't even think ratchets will be enough for the shoulder/elbows. I'm envisioning pull out/in metal pegs to physically lock the pose in place.

Ratchet joints should be fine. My Brave Max, which is also 2 ft tall, has ratcheted shoulders and elbows and can hold poses well. Granted BM is a simpler design...

Ratchet joints should be fine. My Brave Max, which is also 2 ft tall, has ratcheted shoulders and can hold poses well. Granted BM is a simpler design...

It's the sheer size of the ARMD that has me worried... heavy plus yamato's questionable materials choice has me seeing disintegrating ratchets like in the toynami alpha

I still don't know how I feel about this. A giant SDF-1 Macross is my dream collectible. My holy grail. But even my dreams didn't place this at over 2 feet tall. The price will be brutal. The shipping will be worse. The room in my "mancave" may just not be there. I still have my original G1 Transformers Fortress Maximus from when I was a kid, but that poor bastard is stuffed in a closet right now, because he's just too big to display. :(

On the other hand, like someone else mentioned, we do have the case study of the 1/60 Konig Monster that they eventually downsized.

The Monster wasn't a downsize. The 1/100 was a resin kit that was turned into a toy. Too bad they didnt give it enough work to actually translate it correctly. The Toyami Beta has similar sized forearms and there's no problems with that staying up. But it seems to me that the way they engineer things now, like the Destroids, they'll have metal ball joints and ratchets covered. (though the Tomahawk's waist joints suffer from top heaviness).

Those that don't think that Yamato will come out with this doesnt realize that there's an 18" $600 doll right next to it in display. I would think that they would hope that it's successful enough to warrant a TV version and then maybe they'll consider a smaller scale toy.

With a year I would hope they get any major kinks out.

And I don't think it's that big of a toy. I have the Hot Toys Alien Power Loader, was hoping for the ED-209, a big Iron Giant, the 18" Spider-Man action figure...

I mean, yeah sure it means I had to get rid of my King size and have to sleep on a foot stool in the corner of the room.... it's no big deal!

:lol:

I still don't know how I feel about this. A giant SDF-1 Macross is my dream collectible. My holy grail. But even my dreams didn't place this at over 2 feet tall. The price will be brutal. The shipping will be worse. The room in my "mancave" may just not be there. I still have my original G1 Transformers Fortress Maximus from when I was a kid, but that poor bastard is stuffed in a closet right now, because he's just too big to display. :(

It wouldnt be the Holy Grail if it was that easy to obtain... ;)

Oh my God.... This is too crazy, even for me :(

I would like one, but it looks very expensive, and I don't have that much space. Also, I think the HWR makes a better centerpiece than the SDF.

But even so, this is jaw-dropping news. The conditions just aren't right for me though :(

SAVE money for it, you got a year.. save 50 bucks per MONTH = 600 by release date.

Random example: Thats not eating lunch out for 1 day a week.

If I could tuck away $50 a month, I sure as h3ll wouldn't spend it on something like this. Perhaps a married adult with 2 kids and a mortgage isn't the sort of person they intend to sell it to...

I've got my big old Takatoku version, which I think will do just nicely instead.

I think Yamato's SDF will be a dead subject for me.

Edited by AcroRay

I would buy this when it comes out as the price will be close to two 1/48 valks ($299).

I expect Yamato to release a weathered version months after its initial release.

Maybe a TV sersion is likely if the market demands are high. Hope the world economic down turn will be over by then. <_<