Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

Good news. Reports from Japanese fans say Yamato is aiming to keep it around the 50,000yen mark (approx. US$500).

Did they actually say a projected price or has it all been speculation?

"reports from Japanese fans" would count as speculation.

50000 yen is the rumored target price, supposedly came from Yamato people at the display.

its too big and too expensive for my taste. its like a car payment. PASS sad.gif

And some people would say - it's only one car payment, what a bargain! ^_^

Sure, generosity CAN be poisoned by selfish motivations HOWEVER pure compassion does exist. I would give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Give who the benefit of the doubt? People who have been known to spend thousands on toys in the past while constantly complaining about their price? But, now that there's finally some toys outside of their price range they're suddenly Mother Teresa and only thinking about starving children?

I swear, if you new guys were only aware of the personalities you were dealing with here. . . ;)

how about my style?

instead of buying some nice clothes,

shoes, cellphone, psp and other similar

stuff, i make do with my old stuff and

with the money i save i buy my valks.

my wife wants to buy me a very nice

watch but i told her that my old cheap

one still serves its function.

i guess that with the sdf-1 i may have to

wait another 2 years to buy some nice

clothes and stuff. hehehe.

So they say if you pull stuff out of thin air and believe it hard enough, it becomes a reality. What some of you were projecting on this SDF1's worth a few pages back is becoming a reality more or less...$500+ USD thereabouts huh... I'll have to see if I can believe it'll will worth that kind of money eventually.

Someone mentioned that buying one of these might help some Chinese factory girl from a downtrodden family from being raped repeatedly... wow!... sigh, better her than me. At least in a sick, twisted way, she might learn to enjoy it. :mellow:

I will say and admit that the rumored $500 price tag is alot of money....

BUT

do you guys remember the time when there was no new macross toys, only the Taka 1/55's and Jetfires out there? Do you remember the prices they were going for even for KO's and junkers? Yeah, I do.

I'm getting the SDF-1.

I also remembered that toys like these don't necessary cost this expensive upon release... they increase in price on later releases as their quality is appreciated or not. I can accept that prices now are adjusted to inflation but on the other hand, we as collectors generally are are not helping to make this hobby affordable for ourselves in cases like this.

I also remembered that toys like these don't necessary cost this expensive upon release... they increase in price on later releases as their quality is appreciated or not. I can accept that prices now are adjusted to inflation but on the other hand, we as collectors generally are are not helping to make this hobby affordable for ourselves in cases like this.

Well.....low balling a price isn't a skill here. :D You should have seen the prices that were being shouted that people were willing to pay for when the 1/48 was revealed. There were some guys I wanted to smack. This thread here is actually pretty tame. B))

50000 yen is the rumored target price, supposedly came from Yamato people at the display.

And some people would say - it's only one car payment, what a bargain! ^_^

i guess couldnt justify buying toys anymore, with the current economic downturn makes it even more harder to shell out on things unimportant

and my valkaholism is waning

1/48 weathered valk for $500.00 = Not worth it!

Big ass SDF-1 for $500.00 = TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Hey VEGAS: Nobody forced you to buy every single 1/48 that ever existed!!!

(Even though there is some truth to what I said, I'm joking. I'm just jealous because I wish I had your collection lol)

Edited by fifbeat

Well.....low balling a price isn't a skill here. :D You should have seen the prices that were being shouted that people were willing to pay for when the 1/48 was revealed. There were some guys I wanted to smack. This thread here is actually pretty tame. B))

Not saying that there is need to smack anyone here... there has been word going around that the world economy is going to get very very bad... we're not talking about a recession where there is a probability that half of the people on this board here will be laid off; but a possibility of depression, that all of us will be waiting at soup lines... so, why feed the madness that Yamato will certainly take special notice of?

I want this SDF 1 bad too... but if history of Yamato's pricing is any lesson to be learnt, it's better to wait it out.

1/48 weathered valk for $500.00 = Not worth it!

Big ass SDF-1 for $500.00 = TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Hey VEGAS: Nobody forced you to buy every single 1/48 that ever existed!!!

(Even though there is some truth to what I said, I'm joking. I'm just jealous because I wish I had your collection lol)

that was back when i can afford $500+ toys :lol:

yup youre right no one forced me to buy every single 1/48. i was on a mission to get all the variants and made me feel good at the time

Edited by Vegas

Well not going to debate economy or recession/depression since there's already is a thread devoted to that (also it could go political which is against the rules). VFTF and others are already having a lively debate going on in there.

Back to the SDF 1/2000: I still love the fact that it's 2ft tall. I don't support the $500 price tag, and like everyone, would prefer it to cheaper. So far it's only a prototype and the yet to be announced gimmicks have better be significantly better then the 1/350 Space Battleship Yamato to justify the rumoured price. The Uchuu Senkan Yamato ship is MORE beloved then the Macross and it's gimmicks are awesome but it's a shelf warmer. Yamato may want to rethink their gimmicks and pricing strategy.

I'm still loving the size though. I think I mentioned that. ;)

I think the size is just perfect, if we are talking about a BIG Sdf-1 toy. It's mostly up to the price/exchange rates if I get it or not. I hope it won't be $500+ because even if a great fan of the thing, I don't think it's worth that much. It's just a toy made of cheap plastic, no matter how awesome.

Of course, who knows what happens with the whole thing in a year. That should be an interesting wait.

Well not going to debate economy or recession/depression since there's already is a thread devoted to that (also it could go political which is against the rules). VFTF and others are already having a lively debate going on in there.

Back to the SDF 1/2000: I still love the fact that it's 2ft tall. I don't support the $500 price tag, and like everyone, would prefer it to cheaper. So far it's only a prototype and the yet to be announced gimmicks have better be significantly better then the 1/350 Space Battleship Yamato to justify the rumoured price. The Uchuu Senkan Yamato ship is MORE beloved then the Macross and it's gimmicks are awesome but it's a shelf warmer. Yamato may want to rethink their gimmicks and pricing strategy.

I'm still loving the size though. I think I mentioned that. ;)

Oh yeah, I got that 1/350 Yamato. Then I found out my modeling skill aren't up to par. So it's still Mint in the opened box. :lol:

BTW, I also found out that one can replace Yamato's plastic gun barrels with real metal ones which HLJ carries. Not cheap though.

Still, I can satisfy myself knowing I owned the Mother of all Yamato battleship toys out there. Thank you Bandai.

p.s. Don't ask me how much it cost to ship EMS from HLJ. It was an impulse buy when times were good, and money was rolling in. Not anymore though. sigh. :mellow:

p.p.s. HLJ shipped it to me in the box Bandai used to ship to their retailers. It's 2 model pieces per box. I can crawl up in that box and ship myself out. :lol:

Edited by blacklotus

Check out how Pete has learned to use the multiple Quote function :)

Atlas Shrugged - anybody read that?

I read it. The Fountainhead is a FAR more beautiful, meaningful and well written book. Atlas Shrugged is a TRAIN WRECK (pun intended) :)

That is very kind. Good on you mate. And I agree about the time I have wasted on this forum and hobby which could have been used for a huge variety of more important things.

Miryia - IMO (if you care) - you shouldn't bash yourself for your hobby. You also have a right to be happy. It's nice to want to help poor people - but if you believe that they would be better off being lifted up - up to the point where they too could have the liesure and wealth to enjoy hobbies and culture - then why bash the thing that you wish on others?

Besides - it IS possible to give to charity and help those in need WHILE also enjoying your hobby. No need for self-pity when making a decision on whether or not to buy the SDF-1 IMO.

Just donate WAVE to toys for Tots or something :)

I think we're veering off topic here.

It's cool to mention the state of the economy and how it affects your toy buying ability, but let's not turn this into an Economics thread, I think there's already a thread for that anyway.

Agreed. And a big thanks to the moderators who aparently have trusted us in that thread to keep the discussion within the bounds of the rules - even though admitedly we are skirting on the border of forbidden subjects. Still, I'm happy to see that peopel are being careful in how they discuss the subject and that the mods seem not to have felt the need to intervene. We'll try to make sure you guys don't have extra work because of us :)

Give who the benefit of the doubt? People who have been known to spend thousands on toys in the past while constantly complaining about their price? But, now that there's finally some toys outside of their price range they're suddenly Mother Teresa and only thinking about starving children?

I swear, if you new guys were only aware of the personalities you were dealing with here. . . ;)

Hurin: the guy who posts seldom - but when he does it's always worth reading :)

how about my style?

instead of buying some nice clothes,

shoes, cellphone, psp and other similar

stuff, i make do with my old stuff and

with the money i save i buy my valks.

my wife wants to buy me a very nice

watch but i told her that my old cheap

one still serves its function.

My girlfriend would KILL me if I adopted that attitude. She wants me to look as good as she does and she would be embarrased if I didn't have nice clothes and generally look well dressed in public.

Thankfully - she helps out in this regard. My most recent gift from her:

bi3sls.jpg

Naturally I also buy her nice stuff and we're pretty good to eachother.

It's kind of like with the charity thing.

It shouldn't be a matter of "either/or" - I think it is possible to strike a balance between all of life's needs. You just need planning and patience.

You can dress well and have your SDF-1 too I think. Barring unforeseen sickness, catastrophe etc etc etc.

Pete

Since we're discussing price here...

I can't believe people are complaining about it so much.

I mean, trust me, I'm living paycheck to paycheck (adobo once a week), but I will not eat out for a few months knowing this sucker is gonna be in my collection one day. Just think: it's the Matchbox version on crack!!! (only this one will break if you decide to hold it the way those white kids hold it in the commercial)...

I know this isn't the Mospeada thread, but there was hardly anyone bitchin about the price of a half-assed looking cloth-Ride Armor, minus a crotch; How are those $250? Yet they still managed to use bakla-plastic pieces for the engine? Yeah, yeah, mechanics/engineering and all that, whatever, they already have all the other toys to work with - just perfecting it more. (when it all comes down to it, I'm just jealous I don't own one)

Then - and I'm sorry I can't stop bitchin about this - we have the weathered valks. Get all that limited-number, Japan-only, blah blah blah out of here! It's the same toy, but with a rushed weathering job that doesn't look all that, especially compared to what the customizers could do. Yeah, of course, not all of us have the artistic ability to do that stuff - but to pay for a valk with a paint job - that's the equivalent of a 1-day/1-Peso paint job in the Philippines? (again, I'm just jealous I don't own one)

VEGAS VALK, I'm gonna get that SDF-1 and bring it over your house. It'll be my SDF-1 vs. your 200 valks....I bet I'll get laid more than you when the ladies see how big my weapon is, compared to you.

When it all comes down to, we are all puppets of the Japanese toy companies. Those guys are laughing all the way to the nearest Street Fighter IV machine.

VEGAS VALK, I'm gonna get that SDF-1 and bring it over your house. It'll be my SDF-1 vs. your 200 valks....I bet I'll get laid more than you when the ladies see how big my weapon is, compared to you.

When it all comes down to, we are all puppets of the Japanese toy companies. Those guys are laughing all the way to the nearest Street Fighter IV machine.

you win!...... again i am not going to spend $500+ on a toy anymore.

I hope they do this SDF-1 well. I don't need another low quality, minimal detail SDF-1. $500 is a lot but considering a SV-51 cost around $210 on HLJ before it went on sale, a huge @ss SDF-1 is worth $500. Transformers MP-04 already cost $210. I think it's fairly reasonable for a toy that isn't going to be as common as MP-04. I'll have to sacrifice a couple VF-1s to get this but if they do a good job I'll pick it up.

to all the haters for the sake of hating.

thank you for your posts. its exactly the reason why i don't come here that often.

sorry i brought up the point that people COULD be spending their money on other things. i wasn't judging anyone here but of course in true MW fashion, the same 2 dudes as always(eugimon and hurin) make mountains out of mole hills...say it ain't so!

as far as my toy purchases, much like you hurin, i've long since stopped collecting and sold off the majority of the toys i own. i also have other responsibilites and priorities that are more important than this hobby much like yourself but please continue to walk around with that chip on your shoulder from yesteryear, its shows me how much you've grown as a person.

and really, you(hurin) of all people talking about someone else being holier than thou?

you gotta be kidding me? you're like the most elitest poster i've come across on any messageboard to date.

but as always, you win the interweb!

DnD - nobody was hating on you dude.

I personally didn't take any offence at your griping about the price and whether or not it's worth it.

But don't be surprised that on a Macrossworld Board there will be "crazy fans" who love this stuff and think it totaly is worth it.

Just like you aren't hating on us when you say it's not worth buying this stuff - you're just speaking for yourself - so we aren't hating on you when we say you have to be "crazy" NOT to want this stuff.

No need to get all huffy. Hurin and Eugimon weren't being dicky.

I personally apologize to you for all of us if you felt slighted.

Please let's not start a hissy fit personal fight.

Pete (wants everybody love eachother and get along)

I will say and admit that the rumored $500 price tag is alot of money....

BUT

do you guys remember the time when there was no new macross toys, only the Taka 1/55's and Jetfires out there? Do you remember the prices they were going for even for KO's and junkers? Yeah, I do.

I'm getting the SDF-1.

ha ha very true. I remember the days of the 500.00 1/55 takatokus...I know.. I bought one or two ...knuckle head. Some 1/55 sets like the DYRL? Hikaru were going go up over a $1,000.00 on ebay.

If I was still collecting like I was a few years ago (when 1/48s were new), I wouldn't buy this. 500.00 before shipping for one item that will probably lose value and not do much isn't worth it to me.

There's also Yamato's questionable QC. I can read it now "My SDF-1 is broken, where can I get replacement parts?"

ha ha very true. I remember the days of the 500.00 1/55 takatokus...I know.. I bought one or two ...knuckle head. Some 1/55 sets like the DYRL? Hikaru were going go up over a $1,000.00 on ebay.

If I was still collecting like I was a few years ago (when 1/48s were new), I wouldn't buy this. 500.00 before shipping for one item that will probably lose value and not do much isn't worth it to me.

There's also Yamato's questionable QC. I can read it now "My SDF-1 is broken, where can I get replacement parts?"

You guys should be glad! For all you know, it is these crazy prices that prompted Yamato to jump into the market again, since there was clearly a high demand for such toys. So, thank you for your part in bringing us all these nice toys!

P.S. Do you feel better now for spending all that money? ^_^