Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

It's not fair to have Ray but no Fuke to display with him!!! Out of my favorite two characters I got only one :(

So sad. Ray and Stick alone like when they met at the begining of the series. This line is so awesome, even for a non Mospeada fan it's a great toy!!!! Such a pity that Beagle had to discontinue it.

We were so close, I guess out of 4 main characters getting two is better than nothing :ph34r:

Us mospeada fans are doomed <_<

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Well that`s why I went with the CM corps Brave rider Mospeada figures. You have all the main rider figures & only need make the last three. Plus with the size of the CM Corps Brave Riders,they work so well with the Microman,GI Joe & any other 4" figure (1/18th scale).

I`d love to see more from Mospeada too tho at the moment I`m working on some 1/18th scale Mospeada customs inc resistance fighters.Perfect really as the old Matchbox (Harmony Gold or Playmate) Inbid mecha`s are perfect at this scale.

Sneak peek of but a few of my customs & CM Corps Brave Riders.

Mospeada Stick meets RT TSC

PHTO0012-2.jpg

PHTO0005-2.jpg

Some of my Mospeada CM corps figures (14 of them so far)

PHTO0013-1.jpg

So looks like it`s the old proverb, "Build it & they will come" or at least that`s what I`m hoping. If I can make Stick & the RT TSC customs with Micromen figures,what`s stopping the "big boys" doing them & no doubt better too.

Edited by panzertank

This really sucks balls. I don't have any Beagles because I'd rather pay my mortgate, but I was planning on getting them as soon as fiscally possible. I might have to just bite the bullet real quick like and buy the two that are out.

This really sucks balls. I don't have any Beagles because I'd rather pay my mortgate, but I was planning on getting them as soon as fiscally possible. I might have to just bite the bullet real quick like and buy the two that are out.

What really sucks balls, is with BEAGLE nolonger making these Mospeada toys you can bet in the very near future anyone who wants one, will have to pay through the A$$ to get one. Truly a mortgage sized price tag!! <_<

When both Beagles sell out ,the after market will increase for sure,but will it level off at some point because the line only includes Stick + Ray ,or will it just keep on climbing.???

Hopefully there,ll be a poll or list of people who could afford it right now,including people who can,t afford it now ,but will invest in it at some point, a time capsule for futures companies perhaps...yeah I know I,m dreaming,but it,s nice to.!!

I wonder how this has/will effect this "Mospeada book" that,s mean,t to come out ,we haven,t heard much,I hope the same fate eludes that book!!!!

I am so bumed out about the Beagle being cancelled. :( ....

I own both Stick and Ley. Bought both of them the minute they came out.

Is there any word if toynami is going to continue the line? They can't just stop at MPC Cyclone 2 can they?

I am so bumed out about the Beagle being cancelled. :( ....

I own both Stick and Ley. Bought both of them the minute they came out.

Is there any word if toynami is going to continue the line? They can't just stop at MPC Cyclone 2 can they?

Didn't stop them ending their MegaHouse line without Rook. :(

In order for them to do anything, everyone who wants one would have to pledge their money to financing the construction of molds, training of workers, labor, packaging, and other such things with less support from the original company. They would need that money as soon as possible and it would probably cost more to rev up production of such an item for a limited audience. You may have payed close to 300 for the first two toys but are you ready to pay 500 or more for just one?

This is terrible news about the Beagle armors :angry: I was so pumped up to finally have a nice Houqet and Blowsuperior after all these years. I've already bought a couple extra toynami mpcs, so I can potentially mod them into the other two. Its hard to look at those nearly complete proto pics of the Houqet, and know it'll probably never be released. I've already taken apart one Rand figure, and will convert him to Lancer, the cloth is the only thing I'm not sure about. I hate to say it, but I guess I should've seen it coming.

I just hope that future companies aren,t scared off by touching the Mospeada franchise from this current situation, in the next 20-30yrs as generation x starts dieing off from the aging process + disease etc there,ll be an even smaller niche market to sell to ,unless it,s gets remade somehow ( all I ask is they stay with the f#*kin, lineart).Alot of people like,alot of people can,t afford it, perhaps in a few yrs if/when we recover from this economy maybe someone will have the insight to try again and exploit gen xer,s while we,re still healthy alive and kickin,.

I gotta think part of the reason for the cancellation was the sudden glut of mospeada products (including duplicates and triplicates of the same mecha) in a very short amount of time. I'm sure there's a lot of moderate fans, like me, who are only gonna buy 1 version of any given item and not necessarily the 200 dollar big ticket version.

That sounds right to me. Also, anybody who was going to buy only one of the $200+ Beagle/Toynami armor (like me) most likely already bought Stick/Scott. So of course the Ray/Rand release was going to sell less. Had Fuke/Rook been the second release it would have sold much more, but it probably still wouldn't have outsold Stick/Scott.

I think Beagle should've expected that difference in sales. They're clearly familiar with the characters and with what their demographic wants.

Edited by RD Blade

I gotta think part of the reason for the cancellation was the sudden glut of mospeada products (including duplicates and triplicates of the same mecha) in a very short amount of time. I'm sure there's a lot of moderate fans, like me, who are only gonna buy 1 version of any given item and not necessarily the 200 dollar big ticket version.

True that, I guess we can hope that this Robotech movie gets made to capture the wallets of gen y & z ,we can bitch along the way ,but it could be a means to an end ,hopefully toy engineering will be more cost effective in a few yrs with techknowledgy and we could see an even better ride armor for a affordable price range and we could have the buying power of younger generations to see an entire line being made!

Well that`s why I went with the CM corps Brave rider Mospeada figures. You have all the main rider figures & only need make the last three. Plus with the size of the CM Corps Brave Riders,they work so well with the Microman,GI Joe & any other 4" figure (1/18th scale).

I`d love to see more from Mospeada too tho at the moment I`m working on some 1/18th scale Mospeada customs inc resistance fighters.Perfect really as the old Matchbox (Harmony Gold or Playmate) Inbid mecha`s are perfect at this scale.

Sneak peek of but a few of my customs & CM Corps Brave Riders.

Mospeada Stick meets RT TSC

PHTO0012-2.jpg

You knew the line would be cancelled from the start?

I would not want a hundred of those ugly CM things, I'm glad i got the Beagle versions (sold that CM crap the same day) This is the best ride armor ever.

A must have for every fan. I see people complaining that the Beagle costs 200 dollar yet bought for over 400 worth of CM ride armors.

Quality over Quantity for me. (but that's just my opinion)

Edited by gilermo

Wow lot of positive thinking going on about could have should have and what to do now. Well I just got back from Wonder Festival and as far as I can see it is over, "The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin' hard, and the Jellooooo-'s gigglin". I do hope I'm 100% dead wrong.

Beagle booth had nothing just one Bastard anime prototype figure on display and the rest of the stuff was stock they were trying to get rid of and none of them were Ride Armors. I was going to ask what happened but I could tell the one guy at the booth was not going to comment so I didn't bother.

I was able to meet the team who developed the Ride Armor at another booth. They are pretty bummed about the whole thing, and it does not look like any thing will go forward from here.

I did manage to get a set of the Ride Armor saddle bags and as soon as I have time I will put pics up. They were molded in green and look nice! Sold out in the first 30 min.

post-3328-1248613077_thumb.jpg post-3328-1248613090_thumb.jpg

There was also a guy selling Inbit mecha resin kit that came with a mini Rei. Guess Tastunoko is starting to give the one day licenses, but at the last minuet, he would have made more but the notice of approval was late. All were sold out in the first hour.

post-3328-1248613103_thumb.jpg post-3328-1248613114_thumb.jpg

CM's had the painted trading figures out but no release date listed.

post-3328-1248613125_thumb.jpg

As for Megahouse there was nothing about their Ride Armors at all shown, looks like that is a dead end too. Still it is Megahouse "Bandai" if they want to they could do it with out a second thought but I guess they could care less about Mospeada.

Well I wish you guys state side luck on getting Toynami to step in.

Edited by Save

Thanks for all the info Save.

All the pics I've seen show a very sucky Wondefestival... unless you are into half naked figures of girls (plenty of those as always) :lol:

Anything else to note for those with a robot fetish Save? Did CM or any other company show any robot goodness?

Still, the Beagle team did make at least a CAD or whatever for Fuke (in the very least there is that proto shown), so I hope they hold on to that. Doing good/working designs out of 80’s cartoons is the difficult part (remember that we have two other far inferior versions of the same thing), the rest is just economics.

Damn, I just picked up MPC 1 by Toynami at the Comic Con...I have not opened it yet, lol. I'm thinking about going there now and buying the Rand version.

But you know what, things go in circles, in a couple of years these things will be re-released.

Does anyone know why the price on these figures are so high?

If there was ever a reset option, I say Toynami rework the details of the figure and make it even more intricate. But don't release the figure in a complete set. I say do it in stages: Figure, Cycle and Accessories. This idea can also be a pretty neat project as to once all purchased, the packaging all fit together to for, say, a tool box shape or a cylindrical cylcone part. You guys get what I mean.

This will offer the collector a chance to save up for each part of the figure. The only catch is...Toynami will need to do an excellent job on the details and poseability of the figure.

Gilermo, I hear you on the Beagle one`s compared to the CM one`s. However that CM Corps brought them out at 1/18th scale was the reason I went for them. As much as I would like a Beagle one,they are too large & outta the scale range I tend to collect. CM Corps win`s by default on that tho I DO like them tho.

I am surprised why you selected the photo of my 4 CUSTOM figures(3 RT TSC & 1 Stick/Scott) I MADE.These ARE NOT CM Corps? You needed to pick the other one with the CM Riders for that.

Gilermo, I hear you on the Beagle one`s compared to the CM one`s. However that CM Corps brought them out at 1/18th scale was the reason I went for them. As much as I would like a Beagle one,they are too large & outta the scale range I tend to collect. CM Corps win`s by default on that tho I DO like them tho.

I am surprised why you selected the photo of my 4 CUSTOM figures(3 RT TSC & 1 Stick/Scott) I MADE.These ARE NOT CM Corps? You needed to pick the other one with the CM Riders for that.

My source tells me that the owner of Yamato comes from a very wealthy family. Thus, was able to pay the significant amout for the licensing fee to produce Macross toys.

Can you imagine if Yamato took over Beagle and produce Mospeada toys? I mean, didn't the designer of this Beagle use to work for Yamato?

Anyways, got the Toynami version of SB and Rand for $125- each at the SDCC! Man, I'm so SOLD on these.

Yamato, we need you to take over Beagle!

Wow lot of positive thinking going on about could have should have and what to do now.

It's called denial :unsure: and is the first stage of the grieving process.. anger and depression will follow shortly.

:angry:

:(

Told you.

Anyways, got the Toynami version of SB and Rand for $125- each at the SDCC! Man, I'm so SOLD on these.

Is that a good deal? That sounds like a good deal. I wish I would have been there or contacted someone with $125 so I could of gotten one too. :(

My source tells me that the owner of Yamato comes from a very wealthy family. Thus, was able to pay the significant amout for the licensing fee to produce Macross toys.

Can you imagine if Yamato took over Beagle and produce Mospeada toys? I mean, didn't the designer of this Beagle use to work for Yamato?

I just imagined and came to this conclusion, considering Yamato keeps away from Tatsunoko products due to their relation ship with Big West if they took over Beagle there would even be less of a chance of it ever being reproduced. The former Yamato person that worked on the Ride Armor wanted to do something that he couldn't do while at Yamato, but he was not the designer I think he headed the development. The designer actually works on contract basis for many companies.

Also if Yamato some how did do what you came up with I'm pretty sure there would be no deal with Toynami due to their past dealings. So you wouldn't find either of them for $125- each.

Nice catch by the way, that is a sweat deal!

Edited by Save

Is that a good deal? That sounds like a good deal. I wish I would have been there or contacted someone with $125 so I could of gotten one too. :(
Considering they sell from $170 to $190 at various booth, it was a good deal. I believe they have an online store called "Phatcollectible."

Considering they sell from $170 to $190 at various booth, it was a good deal. I believe they have an online store called "Phatcollectible."

I will have to check this out before the prices skyrocket because they are not making anymore. They did decide to quit making them if I understood correctly...right?

I just imagined and came to this conclusion, considering Yamato keeps away from Tatsunoko products due to their relation ship with Big West if they took over Beagle there would even be less of a chance of it ever being reproduced.
What's the big deal?

Also if Yamato some how did do what you came up with I'm pretty sure there would be no deal with Toynami due to their past dealings. So you wouldn't find either of them for $125- each
Definitely not, but "If" they do come through, I'd gladly drop $200 bucks for them.

They did decide to quit making them if I understood correctly...right?
Yes, according to the intel collected from members on this board. Save also mentioned that he did not see any Beagle 1/10 Mospeada put out so that is clearly not a good sign. I mean, it is a toyshow or toyfair after all.