Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

Thank you, boys. Tempted to get two Rays instead of one for that tighter feel on both my riders, but I'm having trouble keeping up with this babies as it is.

Go for it! Cuz you know... 2 Leys IS better than one.

You know what is due out in the meantime? The Aoshima Tread. I've got me a blue one of those on order... primarily to see if Aoshima makes any upgrades.

I hope Toynami has an announcement at SDCC about an all plastic Alpha but I get the feeling we won't be hearing about that until next year after all the variants of the current MPC Beta have been on the market for a while :(

Just picked up the Wonder Festival catalog and Beagle has purchased booth space. This is only the second time they attended WF and last time they only had a standard table booth. This year looks like they reserved two tables. WF starts on the last day of SDCC.

You know what is due out in the meantime? The Aoshima Tread. I've got me a blue one of those on order... primarily to see if Aoshima makes any upgrades.

I hope Toynami has an announcement at SDCC about an all plastic Alpha but I get the feeling we won't be hearing about that until next year after all the variants of the current MPC Beta have been on the market for a while :(

I'm waiting for that myself. I own all four Masterpiece Alphas and I don't feel like spending another fortune on their respective Betas. Too much dead weight for my tastes. An all plastic combo only makes sense from all points of view, and then there's the chance of seeing some improvement over the MPC's (Yeah, I know it's Toynami we're talking about).

BTW, whatever happened with CM's fixed and spiced up Legioss/TREAD combo? I'm curious to see how that turns out.

Just picked up the Wonder Festival catalog and Beagle has purchased booth space. This is only the second time they attended WF and last time they only had a standard table booth. This year looks like they reserved two tables. WF starts on the last day of SDCC.

That's good news. Thanks Save.

Edit: BTW, Ravenhawk. The Ridearmor is definitely a streetfighter:

post-1636-1247711773_thumb.png

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

BTW, whatever happened with CM's fixed and spiced up Legioss/TREAD combo? I'm curious to see how that turns out.

Overdrive went to a show (In May I think) and CMs had the improved blue Legioss/Tread set on display along with the pictures of the fixed-pose civilian clothed cast from Mospeada to go along with the ride armor toys. I didn't see anything about a release date though. Honestly, I expected the thing to become vaporware until I saw the picture of it at that show.

Overdrive went to a show (In May I think) and CMs had the improved blue Legioss/Tread set on display along with the pictures of the fixed-pose civilian clothed cast from Mospeada to go along with the ride armor toys. I didn't see anything about a release date though. Honestly, I expected the thing to become vaporware until I saw the picture of it at that show.

Man that CM's show was a big mess, when they put out the Mospeada trading figures Yellow's head was on backwards, I had to tell them to fix it. The Legioss set is already out but most shops didn't bother to sell it. The only place I know that has it for sale is Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara, since they have the money to burn on stock that will never sell nor will they ever drop the price. See CM's amazing repackaging HERE!

That's good news. Thanks Save.

Edit: BTW, Ravenhawk. The Ridearmor is definitely a streetfighter:

Hey Lonely, good to see you.

I had totally forgotten about the streetfighter option.

How about one of these two KTMs?

First is the SuperDuke R, which is all street, second is the SMT, which is dual sport, so seems to really fit the bill, especially for Houquet.

post-7028-1247754405_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1247754415_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah, the Superduke has the profile, hands down. If I was filthy rich , I'd get one just to mod it into a Ridearmor. I'd get two, WTF.

Man that CM's show was a big mess, when they put out the Mospeada trading figures Yellow's head was on backwards, I had to tell them to fix it. The Legioss set is already out but most shops didn't bother to sell it. The only place I know that has it for sale is Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara, since they have the money to burn on stock that will never sell nor will they ever drop the price. See CM's amazing repackaging HERE!

So I guess a review is too much to ask. Too bad. Since I never got any of the CM's combos I was hoping for a real improvement on these.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

I herd the CM sucks ass! Like fragile and britle. Or it did not connect properly and securely when both bots connect.

Anyways, I hope to see them at the San Diego Comic Con next week!

The CMs ride armors are finicky and small, they started very fragile but the newer releases improved. The CMs Legioss/Tread combo are two very well made toys with clicky joints and super sturdy. The only fragile thing I've found with them is the paint on the head wears off because it rubs against the chest in fighter mode.

EDIT - I have not planned on purchasing the "improved" legioss/tread set so no review planned here. If I ever find one super cheap I'll change my tune.

Edited by jenius

I would also pick up the CMs legioss/tread if I could find one super cheap ($70/$80?). Someone post here if they see them come down that far. Doubt they will though.

---------

My hope is that Toynami will announce the Invid Commander in 1/55th to go with the Alphas, that would be juicy (a vinyl scout in 1/10 would be stunning of course, but about 14" wide, very unlikely).

My worry is that it would be easier and cheaper to do a Regult for their 1/100 line. That has been done very well by Revoltech already.

My fear is it won't be an enemy at all, just some hero mech with a new twist . . .

The CMs legioss is roughly the same size as the MPC Alpha, the Tread is much smaller than an MPC Beta. You can see comparison pics on my site if you click the Tread/Beta link you'll get to it quickly.

I herd the CM sucks ass! Like fragile and britle. Or it did not connect properly and securely when both bots connect.

Anyways, I hope to see them at the San Diego Comic Con next week!

only sucked when they connect. Apart from that they rule in my collection.

Still want a Tread Toynami tough.

I'm having a hard time deciding which Alphas/Beta to get. I mean they have their ups and downs!!

Ups and downs is a bit of an understatement. "Heights" and "Depths" are more the terms I would use.

IMO (take lightly, just my opinion), if you are a line-art nazi, the Toynami setup is for you. The sculpts are really pretty nice. Though the build quality on their Tread is really quite nice, the Legioss' are more hit and miss (and more "miss" than "hit").

The Aoshima stuff is about the same as the Toynami cosmetically speaking, but going by most reports, is even more deplorable in terms of build quality.

The CM's stuff is (again, by all reports) terrific in terms of quality and playability, but somewhat inferior in terms of sculpt and line-art accuracy. If you are not a Line-art nazi, then by all means go for the CM's.

The final option is the OG Gakken 1/72. Prepare to bend over. Expensive, extremely hard to locate, fragile, and wooden. Pretty cool though in terms of rarity, cachet, eliteism, status and funk.

My $.02

I'm having a hard time deciding which Alphas/Beta to get. I mean they have their ups and downs!!

I got the Toynami Beta awhile back and couldn't love it more. And honestly, when you pick it up, you feel like you got your money's worth!! The alpha's---meh hit and miss, I was lucky and got a pretty good blue one back when they first came out...but mostly...yeah they suck.

Edited by derex3592

The final option is the OG Gakken 1/72. Prepare to bend over. Expensive, extremely hard to locate, fragile, and wooden. Pretty cool though in terms of rarity, cachet, eliteism, status and funk.
I'm not familar with this one. Got any pics or links?

But I'm looking forward to the SDCC and see them in person and maybe ask for a demo.

I got the Toynami Beta awhile back and couldn't love it more. And honestly, when you pick it up, you feel like you got your money's worth!! The alpha's---meh hit and miss, I was lucky and got a pretty good blue one back when they first came out...but mostly...yeah they suck.
Then i'll just wait until some company to make them of better grade and quality.