Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

Didn,t Ray have a 31 on his left shoulder armor??

What about the Mars insignia on the back of the bike ,just above the tailpipe??

I,m slowly becoming a lineart nazi,but if someone has the answer,that would be great

THANX

Well it,s pretty much the end of May,what,s the word on the street with the Beagle Ray??

Didn,t over-drive send out a newsletter about the shipment date a few wks back?

Should be released tomorrow (29th).

I haven't heard about anyone having processing or shipping confirmations yet tho.

Is there still no confirmation on weather the Toynami release will have a different head...?

I'm currently more interested in the Bartley pre-order. Any semi-/official info on when that's likley to be?

If Toynami does NOT do a sep ray face sculpt I'm going to be pissed.

They list them as limited edition - that is the only way they are limited in my opinion. Different packaging is not enough.

If I was betting, I think they will, about a 55% chance I think . . .

I can't check my personal email at the moment but I'm pretty sure Overdrive confirmed they'd be shipping the Ray Beagle tomorrow, it seems odd their site shows it in stock as of the 25th. I also am thinking that any day now a Japanese blogger will be lighting up the Interwebs with a blow out that will likely include the first reveal of the Toynami tweaks (if any) just like last time.

Thanx Jenius!!

Just got a newsletter from over-drive,saying that Yacologs review on the Ray Beagle will be up in 48hrs,along with a comparision with the Toynami head sculpt for Rand!!HELL YEAH. I hope Toynami,s head sculpt is an improvement...hope there,s improvements to the figure and bike regardless of which head sculpt you go for!!....otherwise I ,ll wait for it to go on sale just prior to Houquet,s release(hopefully the most popular complaints will be handled by her release...I,m too scared to wait it out on her for a sale ,thinking she,ll be sold out quickly)

Thanks Save.

ley-1.jpg

The guy knows how to sell a product. :rolleyes:

I prefer the Beagle version too, it looks more serious and realistically proportioned. Although I think I prefer Toynami's hair sculpt a little more.

gonna try to get the Beagle ray this time.

Didn'y you say you got both versions last time? :unsure:

no, I don't have the Beagle Stick yet... soon!!!

The problem with the Toynami sculpts for me is that they look like characters when American artists try to draw japanese manga/anime characters. They make the nose more pronounced and give it superhero brows. As if the japanese characters made a mistake in their lineart. Sometimes they even give them nostrils.

Some japanese designers pull it off like Amano with Gachaman and Samura with Blade Of the Immortal, but when you try to fix things in ways you weren't suppose to, it's just looks off. I think some of the amateurs in deviantart.com can pull it off better than actual comic book pros because they get the manga look. But that Rand head has that American Hybrid look that I can never get used to.

Probably gonna pass on this one, 1 too many Valks lately, I'll pick this one up way on down the line when it's cheaper, after the Bartley and Yellow bikes.....but I gotta say, I think the Beagle sculpt nails him dead on, way more so than the Toynami one....I went with the Toynami Scott and love it!

Edited by derex3592

Yikes!!!

i think the Beagle is the best of the worst!!

I agree with you Tober the hair sculpt on the Toynami is more anime accurate.

Is it actually a review on Yacologs OR just some shots of Ray?

Fawk! I REALLY dislike the Toynami head version this time around. Last time I was willing to overlook the head thing because of the asking price and because neither head looked quite like Stig/Scott anyway, but this time Toynami dropped the ball big time.

no, I don't have the Beagle Stick yet... soon!!!

The problem with the Toynami sculpts for me is that they look like characters when American artists try to draw japanese manga/anime characters. They make the nose more pronounced and give it superhero brows. As if the japanese characters made a mistake in their lineart. Sometimes they even give them nostrils.

Some japanese designers pull it off like Amano with Gachaman and Samura with Blade Of the Immortal, but when you try to fix things in ways you weren't suppose to, it's just looks off. I think some of the amateurs in deviantart.com can pull it off better than actual comic book pros because they get the manga look. But that Rand head has that American Hybrid look that I can never get used to.

Agreed.

Still got the screw hole on the side of the neck!!!

Did Beagle even read the list of complaints they asked for WTF!!!!

Pop question: Who currently owns the rights to Mospeada in Japan?

From what I've been able to gather Artmic and Tatsunoko were the origional creators. Tatsunoko were then owned by Takara who later merged with Tomy. Artmic's titles are now largely owned by Anime International Company... I can't find a listing for Mospeada tho...:unsure:

This one is tough - I think it's a tie between the Beagle and Toynami head sculpts.

And just like Stick, neither is right on. Drat.

If Toynami could have just added some removable yellow goggles it would have made theirs stand out. This could have been done without changing the packaging as they could have strapped it to the head before sealing it up.

Toynami = Lifeguard

Beagle = Who from Whoville

Me = Toynami preordered

hmmm... maybe I should've bought the second Cyclone MPC for 125 at botcon on saturday. I forgot that these things are 200 bucks retail! Dang, at least I know who the guy that was selling it is. ^_^

hmmm... maybe I should've bought the second Cyclone MPC for 125 at botcon on saturday. I forgot that these things are 200 bucks retail! Dang, at least I know who the guy that was selling it is. ^_^

Man, I keep hoping to find one at that price... then again, I guess I could just stick to collecting the Japanese versions. As for the heads above, I think both are pretty decent. My girlfriend prefers the Toynami sculpt, I think I like the Beagle.

Man, I keep hoping to find one at that price... then again, I guess I could just stick to collecting the Japanese versions. As for the heads above, I think both are pretty decent. My girlfriend prefers the Toynami sculpt, I think I like the Beagle.

Of course she does! - he's from Baywatch . . .

post-8486-1243885608_thumb.jpg