Macross Frontier Mecha/Technology Thread IV *Read 1st Post*

azrael

wondering if vajra's are alien life form....how come theyve got missiles coming out of them??? :wacko:

They are bio-mechanical life form, probably they eat space fold quartz and crap missiles...who knows.... ^_^

Some episodes said that the Vajra ara capable of producing their own missiles, so yup, they do crap missiles :lol:

Except several other Russian manufacturers use a mix of odd and even (though tend to prefer odd), for instance Sukhoi.

Vostok 7

there are a couple of exceptions, but in most of the cases with sukhoi's the even number arcaft are actually just variants of odd numbered planes. the new number is an in house name from Sukhoi used for marketing purposes, the Russian air force designation is usually just the old number plus some letters.

Throwaway design, that is NOT the VF-2SS :)

Yeh I figured that it wasn't a VF-2SS mainly because of the cannards and the three engine design. As you say, it my be a throwaway design. I can see why people would think it was a VF-2SS but only from the intake-manifold.

On another note: :lol: I love your site March! the MMM is beautiful. I've been using the site for practical data for conversions, from the old Palladium "Robotech" stats already on the net, to be compatible with the new "Robotech" RPG. Much has changed. I cannot put them on the web yet due to needing permission from various sources. I would be greatly honored if I could use your imagery and background information for my stat conversions. I would of course give you credit for your work. ^_^

Yeh I figured that it wasn't a VF-2SS mainly because of the cannards and the three engine design. As you say, it my be a throwaway design. I can see why people would think it was a VF-2SS but only from the intake-manifold.

On another note: :lol: I love your site March! the MMM is beautiful. I've been using the site for practical data for conversions, from the old Palladium "Robotech" stats already on the net, to be compatible with the new "Robotech" RPG. Much has changed. I cannot put them on the web yet due to needing permission from various sources. I would be greatly honored if I could use your imagery and background information for my stat conversions. I would of course give you credit for your work. ^_^

The mystery VF in Macross Frontier does have many VF-2SS similarities. I agree that for the brief 10 seconds the ship is on screen, mistaking it for a VF-2SS is probably natural. But it's clearly some kind of new design we've never seen before. I think it likely the craft was made in homage to the Valkyrie II from Macross II, since Macross Frontier features numerous references to the all the anime productions in the 25-year history of the Macross franchise.

I'm glad you like my website. If you want to use information from my website, please make sure to credit my site and provide a link to each profile you use. For pictures, you can host the pictures yourself or link directly to my images for use. My site is low traffic, so I don't mind direct links. Always provide credit for each instance of text or colored artwork that you use.

I'd also ask that you NOT use ALL the images on my site, only the bare minimum required (use fighter, GERWALK, Battroid pictures, but DO NOT use any other pictures such as weapons, color code transformation guides, schematics, black and white line art, etc) lest my site be duplicated in full online and thus lose it's purpose for being. :(

And of course, under no circumstances can any of the material within the Macross Mecha Manual be used for business, commercial or personal financial purposes. Thank you.

The mystery VF in Macross Frontier does have many VF-2SS similarities. I agree that for the brief 10 seconds the ship is on screen, mistaking it for a VF-2SS is probably natural. But it's clearly some kind of new design we've never seen before. I think it likely the craft was made in homage to the Valkyrie II from Macross II, since Macross Frontier features numerous references to the all the anime productions in the 25-year history of the Macross franchise.

I'm glad you like my website. If you want to use information from my website, please make sure to credit my site and provide a link to each profile you use. For pictures, you can host the pictures yourself or link directly to my images for use. My site is low traffic, so I don't mind direct links. Always provide credit for each instance of text or colored artwork that you use.

I'd also ask that you NOT use ALL the images on my site, only the bare minimum required (use fighter, GERWALK, Battroid pictures, but DO NOT use any other pictures such as weapons, color code transformation guides, schematics, black and white line art, etc) lest my site be duplicated in full online and thus lose it's purpose for being. :(

And of course, under no circumstances can any of the material within the Macross Mecha Manual be used for business, commercial or personal financial purposes. Thank you.

Thank you March, I will give both credit and links to your site :), A note about weapons, though, I already have a lot of line art from various other sources in the past, many are no longer in existence on the web, so I do want to have an example of the weapons or maybe just the gunpod. However, I will keep the image usage to a minimum as I want fans to visit your site for more references. I'll do the hosting for everything on my site because this will help keep our bandwidths low.

I am trying very hard to keep my data as close to the current released information yet I feel I may need to use a little conjecture for some stuff the isn't known completely as of yet. I will note these educated guesses, in my stats.

BTW Do you know what ARMD stands for? I read somewhere about 4 years ago it stood for 'All Rigged Military Deployment.'

I noticed you don't have the VF-2JA, GERWALKroid, Metal Siren, and Destroids in the Macross II section. Somewhere I have line art for them but I'm not sure which hard drive it is lol.

Have no worry, I will not use any M.M.M. data for any financial gain, as I only intend to make my site for fans who wish to run a dedicated Macross related game or at least not be limited to 'Robotech' canon with the new edition. :)

Edited by Macross GURU

BTW Do you know what ARMD stands for? I read somewhere about 4 years ago it stood for 'All Rigged Military Deployment.'

ARMD is the creator's of Macross's romanization of アームド. (As in 宇宙空母アームド; or Space Carrier ARMD).

More info on them in English can be found here: http://macross.anime.net/wiki/ARMD

Also, I think you should move this discussion to the topic devoted to his website, as this topic is for Macross Frontier Mecha and Technology.

Edited by sketchley

Notes from DVD/blu-ray vol. 6.

-The specs for the VF-27 are the same previous. They mention the "virtual cockpit" and it seems being a cyborg is a pre-req for piloting a VF-27. The beam gunpod includes the 55 mm rapid-fire beam gun and the hyper grenade-mode (where it splits the barrel in 2 as we've seen). The gunpod's length is 16.85m with a weight of exceeding 3t. And the green-VF-27 comes in manned and unmanned flavors. They don't specify a letter designation, just manned and unmanned flavors. And the kids at N.U.N.S. consider it the "YF-27" seeing that the jerks on Galaxy never told them they were making their own VF.

Two sentences have me wondering:

[設計・製造]YF-24エボリューションをベースにマクロス・ギャラクシー可変戦闘機開発工廠(ガルド・ワークス)で設計製造。新統合軍には情報開示されていないため、YF-27として扱っている。

and

VF-27ルシファー (Yes, it's called "Lucifer")

ギャラクシー船団で秘密裏に開発された最新鋭可変戦闘機。YF-24エボリューションの設計をベースに性能を向上、サイポーグパイロットの操縦を前提としている。このカラーリングはブレラ・スターンモデル。

YF-24 Evolution? The Chronicle uses the same thing too in the VF-25S sheet, [YF-24エボリューション]. sketchley, you got any other documents where this shows up?

-The Ecosystem ship modules attached to Island 1 are 8km long with a cylindrical diameter of 3km.

[設計・製造]YF-24エボリューションをベースにマクロス・ギャラクシー可変戦闘機開発工廠(ガルド・ワークス)で設計製造。新統合軍には情報開示されていないため、YF-27として扱っている。

and

ギャラクシー船団で秘密裏に開発された最新鋭可変戦闘機。YF-24エボリューションの設計をベースに性能を向上、サイポーグパイロットの操縦を前提としている。このカラーリングはブレラ・スターンモデル。

YF-24 Evolution? The Chronicle uses the same thing too in the VF-25S sheet, [YF-24エボリューション]. sketchley, you got any other documents where this shows up?

-The Ecosystem ship modules attached to Island 1 are 8km long with a cylindrical diameter of 3km.

Yes. Plenty of documents. I posted it here http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...mp;#entry682258 back in mid-November.

Can you post the text regarding the "Ecosystem ship modules"? Great Mechanics.DX 7 has Island 3 as: overall length about 15 Km, overall height about 3 Km with a tubular, semi-circle shape. (yes, that part of the article is on my list to translate).

Can you post the text regarding the "Ecosystem ship modules"? Great Mechanics.DX 7 has Island 3 as: overall length about 15 Km, overall height about 3 Km with a tubular, semi-circle shape. (yes, that part of the article is on my list to translate).

生態系艦(アイランド2以下)

マクロス・フロンティア船団は、アイランド1がアイランド2以下100隻以上の生態系艦を随伴して編成されている。生態系艦は全長8km、直径3kmの円筒形で、地球上の動植物を内包して生態系を構成している。アイランド3ではゼントラーディ人が巨人のまま生活し、牧畜・農業を営む。観光地やモールのほか、異星生物研究所も設置されている。

ガリア4からフォールドしてきたバジュラ群の攻撃の結果、アイランド14は激しい損傷を受けて廃棄せざるを得なくなった。

Hmm... is it possible that Island 3, having been singled out as the Zentraedi one, is larger than the other ones? Are there any shots or dialogue in the series confirming this? Or... is it the only one with a mountain AND a sea in it?

Hmm... is it possible that Island 3, having been singled out as the Zentraedi one, is larger than the other ones? Are there any shots or dialogue in the series confirming this? Or... is it the only one with a mountain AND a sea in it?

From shots of the whole fleet, all the ships other than Island 1 are the same size. I would assume that a Zentradi island simply has fewer residents than a human island, and facilities sized for Zentradi.

Notes from DVD/blu-ray vol. 6.

-The specs for the VF-27 are the same previous. They mention the "virtual cockpit" and it seems being a cyborg is a pre-req for piloting a VF-27. The beam gunpod includes the 55 mm rapid-fire beam gun and the hyper grenade-mode (where it splits the barrel in 2 as we've seen). The gunpod's length is 16.85m with a weight of exceeding 3t. And the green-VF-27 comes in manned and unmanned flavors. They don't specify a letter designation, just manned and unmanned flavors. And the kids at N.U.N.S. consider it the "YF-27" seeing that the jerks on Galaxy never told them they were making their own VF.

and

Thanks for the translations, Azrael. Are there any new views of the VF-27 in the liner notes?

And the kids at N.U.N.S. consider it the "YF-27" seeing that the jerks on Galaxy never told them they were making their own VF.

Well in fairness, the smug bastards on Galaxy either underestimated the VF-25 because of sheer pride, or were somehow grossly missinformed themselves.

Edited by Letigre

Well in fairness, the smug bastards on Galaxy either underestimated the VF-25 because of sheer pride, or were somehow grossly missinformed themselves.

I'd put it down to pride and stupidity-- given that they themselves developed the VF-27 from the YF-24, why did they think that other fleets wouldn't improve on the basic design as well?

Is it a tractor beam? or an illuminated cable?

No idea--it would make most sense if it were just an animation feature to illustrate the slave control of Alto's VF so that they could drag it out to him, but given the precedent of the cables dragging Varja carcasses back to Battle frontier, it could just as well have been cables.

I figured it was a cable. While we learned many new facets (or retconned, whatever) about Overtech in Frontier, there have never been any indications of tractor beams. The illumination may just be an easy way to show they were towing the carcasses, or it may really light up. A steel or carbon fiber cable would be all but invisible in space, so glowing cables might come in handy.

I figured it was a cable. While we learned many new facets (or retconned, whatever) about Overtech in Frontier, there have never been any indications of tractor beams. The illumination may just be an easy way to show they were towing the carcasses, or it may really light up. A steel or carbon fiber cable would be all but invisible in space, so glowing cables might come in handy.

agreed, It would make more sence for them to be conventional cables. and as for the lights, they're probebly there to indacate the position of the cable so nobody tries to fly through one by accident.

I like the whole illuminated cable idea, and on the solid vs broken lines, there could different settings for things like navigation or how much mass is on the line. And if I was towing something in a combat zone I would want the lowest setting I could have if you couldn't override the lights outright, you know not having a big lit up line leading right back to me would be a good thing in my book.