Macross Frontier Mecha/Technology Thread IV *Read 1st Post*

azrael

Welcome to the Macross Frontier Mecha/Technology Thread

Previous thread:

Link to thread #1

Link to thread #2

Link to thread #3

Guildlines

• Please limit your discussion of mecha and technology to this thread. This thread is not for discussing individual episodes or the story. Do not cross post.
  • Please limit your discussion to mecha and technology seen in Macross F.
  • Do not post any links to episodes or full soundtracks anywhere in the forum.
  • This thread contains spoilers about mecha. Don't say we didn't warn you.
Translation Tools: Image hosting services

Last post:

you know, we also need to take into account that there are at 2 very different version of the VF-14. there's the finalized official VF-14 from the M3 video game, and then there is the the rough sketch VF-14 from Macross 7 which the Fz-109 is based off of, and may in fact actually be the VA-14. and there might be major differences in performance between the VF and VA versions.

From the side they looked to be stacked top/bottom, but a belly view clearly shows they're side by side---but it looks like the standard gunpod is "almost" in its normal place, with the sniper pod tucked between that and the leg.

With the number of hardpoints for the gunpod that the VF-25 seems to have, I'm not even surprised that he could put it there.

Edited by d3v

Since the Super Packs group together after being ejected, I wonder if the Armored Packs do the same thing, for possible collection after battle and re-use.

I'd say that is very likely.

I've just rewatched the Deculture 1st episode, and one thing I noticed was that the VF-171 has feet that store in the same way as the YF-21, and so the thrust vectoring for the VF-171 is in the yaw axis instead of the pitch/roll axis like for most other VFs. I was wondering if the VF-17 had the same arrangement?

Since the Super Packs group together after being ejected, I wonder if the Armored Packs do the same thing, for possible collection after battle and re-use.

So FAST Pack can gather together after being ejected, and re-assembled itself to the Valk in space. Wow, since when FAST pack is becoming a sentient machine.

Armored pack may group together again, as long they are dumped at the same time, since Alto dump his Super pack piece by piece, I bet each piece are having a hard time trying to group together. :lol:

Thanks! Yaw only TVC seems to be a poor choice but I guess they had no choice in order to slim down the profile of the VF-17.

well, the feet can probably provide a little bit of pitch control.

also the added yaw control was probebly needed because of how small the vertical stabilizers are.

well, the feet can probably provide a little bit of pitch control.

also the added yaw control was probebly needed because of how small the vertical stabilizers are.

But doesn't the feet retract into the engine nacelles like all the other VF's? The 'ankle' wouldn't be able to act in pitch then. Oh well extra verniers should be able to take care of that... the VF-17 was a space fighter afterall.

Scans and quickie translation of the map info on Island 1 in "Macross Frontier 2059: Memories": http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchley/S...nd1/Island1.htm

It's nice to see that the places where the characters tend to just walk/run to are close to each other (no running all the way from the Battle 7 Bridge to the Acshio in less than a minute).

Edited by d3v

It's nice to see that the places where the characters tend to just walk/run to are close to each other (no running all the way from the Battle 7 Bridge to the Acshio in less than a minute).

Well as Max has shown they use cars.

Also the facilities for Operation M is within City 7 itself.

So FAST Pack can gather together after being ejected, and re-assembled itself to the Valk in space. Wow, since when FAST pack is becoming a sentient machine.

Armored pack may group together again, as long they are dumped at the same time, since Alto dump his Super pack piece by piece, I bet each piece are having a hard time trying to group together. :lol:

Maybe it uses electromagnetic technology?

Well as Max has shown they use cars.

Also the facilities for Operation M is within City 7 itself.

I'm talking about Operation Stargazer, where Mylene runs from the bridge of Battle 7 to the Acshio in a very, very short space of time, with Millia chasing after her.

I'm talking about Operation Stargazer, where Mylene runs from the bridge of Battle 7 to the Acshio in a very, very short space of time, with Millia chasing after her.

:rolleyes:

The ship is too big. If I walk, the movie'll be over.

There is some decent amount of information on the VF-25 in the model kit manual. The tech-jargon is really driving me nuts though.

Apparently, the EX-Gear is suppose to help with G-force issues.

There is some decent amount of information on the VF-25 in the model kit manual. The tech-jargon is really driving me nuts though.

Figure since according to the stats the VF-25 has more engine power than the VF-22.

well now we know. (I'd just like to say I was right)

Wait, wasn't that confirmed long ago? I could have sworn it was in one of the earlier threads.

It hasn't been clearly mentioned before. And certainly never mentioned in published materials.

I'm still trying to make sense of the tech-jargon and a few other things so I'm not done with it (although it is giving me a headache). Couple other things the manual mentions is active stealth in the text under "Wing". It also mentions using air in atmosphere and propellant in space. It does list the Battroid height (w/head lasers) as 14.53m, while the official site and liner notes use 15.59m. I'm waiting for the VF-25S to show up to see what it says.

While modeling the red vajira for my mod, I just noticed there are two types of red vajiras. One with a segmented tail(maybe early stage red one) and one with a whole solid tail. The former can be seen in episode 17, right after the skin shedding. The solid tail ones can also be seen in the same scene.

Solid tail red vajira

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macrossf/vajra-large.htm

--edit--

Stupid screen shot not working right.

its about 16:22 in the gg sub

Edited by shadow3393

aren't those "solid tails" just the tail housed in an armour plate in the ground configuration. IIRC the segmented tails are only shown in the space configuration where they use the tail as a kind of propulsion in space and it glows red.

aren't those "solid tails" just the tail housed in an armour plate in the ground configuration. IIRC the segmented tails are only shown in the space configuration where they use the tail as a kind of propulsion in space and it glows red.

I don't think that is the case, because both versions are seen within milliseconds of each other, and they both are in space. Also the segmented ones have a significantly longer tails (like the yellow ones) and missing the tail spikes.

I don't think that is the case, because both versions are seen within milliseconds of each other, and they both are in space. Also the segmented ones have a significantly longer tails (like the yellow ones) and missing the tail spikes.

It could still just be that the tail can be stored in some sort of housing depending on the situation.