Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

Screencaps of the new scenes please! Gubaba, does it say that Nanase was looking behind Lucca at the scene? So she was looking perhaps... for Ranka?

No...it says that Luca now goes into the hospital, and after Nanase wakes up, she meets his gaze.

Me, I'm just glad she wakes up BEFORE the credits roll now. ^_^

OMG I'm so lost, someone please translate ZOMG!!! *head asplodes*

Umm...it says that Klang dies. Painfully. Leon hits her upside the head and her eyeballs pop out. Then for no reason, all her limbs fall off. Grace finally kills her with a stiletto heel to the brain.

I've seen her perform more than ten times, and my Japanese professor from UCLA was friends with her, and all three of us hung out together once.

So I'm STILL cooler than you. :p

Beat me to it. I've met and seen her perform several times, she's autographed just about every Macross related item I have, and she remembers me if not yet my name. She was also the first Japanese guest I ever got the autograph of back in 2001, before I'd even heard of the original Macross.

So I'm not as cool as Gubaba, but I'm still in second. ^_^

We already know what happened to the Megaroad - they're exploring the inner details of a black hole. ;)

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Beat me to it. I've met and seen her perform several times, she's autographed just about every Macross related item I have, and she remembers me if not yet my name. She was also the first Japanese guest I ever got the autograph of back in 2001, before I'd even heard of the original Macross.

So I'm not as cool as Gubaba, but I'm still in second. ^_^

We already know what happened to the Megaroad - they're exploring the inner details of a black hole. ;)

I think my biggest claim to fame STILL is meeting Reba West at a Mari show. Although I'm not sure if that's good or bad... ^_^

And I just checked Kadokawa's website...and there's still no news on Macross Ace #002. Bastards like to keep us waiting, I see...

I watched the BD episodes 24-25 briefly and there are some differences:

24:

a small insert regarding SMS boss (I won't spoil), still no complete Battle 25 transformation (this makes me mad!)

25:

the episode pace is different (no eyecatch), last song and final scene are slightly longer with small, nice inserts here and there (credits roll after images, as already said), but most of the "new" footage (exept from Eden) is merely scenes of destruction when the Vajra controlled by Grace attack Frontier (I wrote "new" because, sadly, nearly all of them are recycled from various previous episodes, including Raramia's death scene, go figure), and a longer and better drawn Alto dazed inside the Battroid.

All in all I think the "final cut" of Episode 25 is much more enjoyable than the broadcast version. Back at the time 25 was the best episode of the series, now it's even better (astonishing picture quality).

Edited by Nexx Stalker

Shoji Kawamori and Risa Ebata (Macross F Character designer) had a little talk show at C3 in Hong Kong yesterday.

Don't seem to have any special announcement.

I was there. Saw Kawamori transform his lego VF-25. Didn't queue for his autograph though as the queue was too long & I had to leave half way through his talk to meet my wife & son. Lots of Frontier cosplayers there. Saw Klan, Sheryl, Ranka & many Altos. Satelite had a booth there, so I talked with them for about half an hour. Told them about MW. Asked about a Frontier sequel, but they wouldn't say..

I was there. Saw Kawamori transform his lego VF-25. Didn't queue for his autograph though as the queue was too long & I had to leave half way through his talk to meet my wife & son. Lots of Frontier cosplayers there. Saw Klan, Sheryl, Ranka & many Altos. Satelite had a booth there, so I talked with them for about half an hour. Told them about MW. Asked about a Frontier sequel, but they wouldn't say..

Heh, I guess they won't leak a thing about the movie.

I'd like them to work on a new Macross OVA than a Frontier sequel though.

But they need to finish Basquash! first...and the Frontier movie.

Heh, I guess they won't leak a thing about the movie.

I'd like them to work on a new Macross OVA than a Frontier sequel though.

But they need to finish Basquash! first...and the Frontier movie.

I asked them about the movie, and they said they hoped it would be ready by Autumn, but this depended on how hard the creators worked.

Actually, I was asking them about the possibilty of Macross Frontier season 2, given the popularity of the first series, but they wouldn't say.

Graham

[...] Satelite had a booth there, so I talked with them for about half an hour. Told them about MW. Asked about a Frontier sequel, but they wouldn't say..

How did they react to hearing about MW? Curious to see if they have an interest in the international fanbase of Macross.

How did they react to hearing about MW? Curious to see if they have an interest in the international fanbase of Macross.

I am sure they are. They know VF toys have sold well in HK, yet it is technically under HG license zone.

Graham what kind of stuff do people ask Kawamori to sign?

A few more posts from HK:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-93711-1-2.html

http://blog.roodo.com/dground/archives/8801347.html

Edited by CF18

Graham what kind of stuff do people ask Kawamori to sign?

At the HK C3 show it was mostly the 'Macross Frontier Creators File # 1' book, which was on sale at the C3 Satelite booth for HK$200, although I also saw a few people holding DYRL and Frontier DVDs.

Graham

One of the ladies at the Satelite booth spoke very good English. She told me she had previously worked for Manga Entertainment in the US.

Satelite are well aware that there is a very large fan base overseas. In fact the size of the fan base in different countries was one of the topics we discussed.

Of course, they would love if Frontier could be sold outside of Japan, but that is outside of their hands.

They are also well aware of the fansub situation.

As for Macrossworld, she admitted that she hadn't heard of it, but I showed her a few pages on my mobile phone and gave her the website address so she could take a look later. I told her we have a very active forum (much more active than Japanese forums), with close to 9,000 members.

Graham

One of the ladies at the Satelite booth spoke very good English. She told me she had previously worked for Manga Entertainment in the US.

Satelite are well aware that there is a very large fan base overseas. In fact the size of the fan base in different countries was one of the topics we discussed.

Of course, they would love if Frontier could be sold outside of Japan, but that is outside of their hands.

They are also well aware of the fansub situation.

As for Macrossworld, she admitted that she hadn't heard of it, but I showed her a few pages on my mobile phone and gave her the website address so she could take a look later. I told her we have a very active forum (much more active than Japanese forums), with close to 9,000 members.

Graham

Good job at whoring out this website XD I'm glad to see that they at least seem to be interested in some sort of way.

Hmmm...what did they have to say about that...?

She just sort of shrugged and laughed. Basically. Not much they can do about it really.

I did of couse tell her I've bought all the original R2 DVDs and have been encouraging others to do so.

Graham

Great that Satelite (and hopefully by extension BW) learns of MW.

Would be a good way to guage interest and get feedback from the international fanbase. If they decide to do some sponsorship that'll be even better I guess for Poor Shawn who has been paying for all the bandwidth bills so far (IIRC... ^_^ ).

Speaking of Shawn have not seen his postings for a long time....

Edited by BlueMax

Awesome. Did you meet Mikimoto and Kawamori at AX?

I met Mari and got her autograph a few years ago in San Francisco.

Was it in Fanime? Fortress Maximus managed to get her to autograph my name with a love sign on the original DYRL poster. :wub:

Also got Vic (Hikaru's English Voice Actor) to sign on Hikaru's side of the poster (close enough), I wish could get the original VA but we all know the story on that. :(

But all I need is Kawomari to sign it and I'm set, then I'm going to glass frame it as my most valued peice of Macross memoroblia. Hell I only took the post 4 times out of the original mailed tube from Fort to just see the signature, look at it again, get Vic's signature, and to look at it again. :p