What Current Anime Series Are You Watching? v2.0

Duke Togo

ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH

Marzan - you cannot understand the epic'ness that awaits you...

Gurren Lagann is the epitome of ass-kicking manliness. If you need a door open Gurren Lagann will beat the door to death, eat it's raw flesh and run a thousand miles with the energy it gains.

do the impossible, see the invisible

ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!!!

how's that for hype, hehehe

Gurren Lagann truly kicks common sense to the curb to make the impossible possible!!

ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH

Marzan - you cannot understand the epic'ness that awaits you...

Gurren Lagann is the epitome of ass-kicking manliness. If you need a door open Gurren Lagann will beat the door to death, eat it's raw flesh and run a thousand miles with the energy it gains.

do the impossible, see the invisible

ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!!!

how's that for hype, hehehe

I am now a firm believer in the me, that believe in the you, that believes in Gurren Lagann.

My gf is worried that I keep saying "Yoko...yoko" in my sleep...

Mindblowing stuff!

Watched Jin-Roh: the Wolf Brigade tonight. I didn't really like it the first time i saw it because i was expecting a more actiony movie. But this time i was able to appreciate it much more for the depth of the story and all the symbolism in it.

I'm glad I ordered the revoltech for the Kerberos protect gear.

Bluray?

I wish, just the R2 2004 DVD release. Replaced my old VHS and fansub versions. Afaik only the Galaxy Express movies have made it to Bluray sofar.

Edited by Bri

Finished Gundam 08th MS Team. I liked it for what it was: a side story to the one year war. But I have to ask: wtf was up with episode 12? I realize this was just an epilogue, but it really added nothing at all to anything.

Next stop: Gokusen live action season 2. Let the wackiness continue!!! :lol:

Being in an archeologist mood nowaday, I began watching the DevilMan TV series from 1972

It's old and it shows, but it's also good in its very own way...

Watched the remastered Waga Seishun no Arcadia/Arcadia of my Youth : Glad to finally have a decent version, it's just is so damned epic.

I've heard really good things about it but haven't come round to see it. Does one need to watch Harlock Saga or Captain Harlock the TV series first to be able to enjoy it?

I've heard really good things about it but haven't come round to see it. Does one need to watch Harlock Saga or Captain Harlock the TV series first to be able to enjoy it?

Not really. The original Harlock show is helpful but not necessary. Arcadia contradicts it, anyway.

The anime spring season:

th_spring-2010-cfexport.jpg

Not too bad, Gundam Unicorn as the main attraction. Let's see if PAworks can deliver on Angel Beats. A1 has a few interesting shows going on. Curious how Black Rock Shooter will turn out.

WOW. There are 3 TV series titles there (not including K-On Series 2) that I have to check out.

Working

B Gata H Kei

Kaichou wa Maid-sama

It's been awhile since I've looked forward to more than 1 title. But that's because I've been reading the manga versions of these 3 titles.

Gundam UC, I already have the Blu-ray on pre-order at Amazon.com.

I'd definitely recommend Raxephon. Visually stunning with a complex story and a satisfying ending. I really couldn't have asked for more when I watched it.

Prompted me to finally start watching my Rahxephon set last week, and while good, it doesn't quote hold up to Eva or Eureka Seven. Seemed to me more like a what if

Misato ended up with Shinji

story.

Prompted me to finally start watching my Rahxephon set last week, and while good, it doesn't quote hold up to Eva or Eureka Seven. Seemed to me more like a what if

Misato ended up with Shinji

story.

It gets better as the series progresses. I agree it's not EVA level, but then again, there how many are.

Never seen Eureka Seven so its hard for me to compare

It gets better as the series progresses. I agree it's not EVA level, but then again, there how many are.

Never seen Eureka Seven so its hard for me to compare

Finished the series wednesday, and the movie last night. Good, but you need to see Eureka Seven, which is comparatively epic! Escaflowne as well if you haven't seen it.

RahXephon is meh. The movie was meh-er. If anything the lack of merchandise for RahXephon is an indication on how meh it was.

But i have to admit i did like the whole love story bit especially when it was revealed who Mishima Reika really was.

I enjoyed Raxephon, smooth and well paced. I have a soft spot for the Bones artstyle and the love story was nicely done.

I second Eureka Seven, one of the best anime of the last decade and totally underrated. Can't believe kids these days prefer Code Geass /grumpy old man mode.

Edited by Bri

Finished watching Overman King Gainer and Halo Legends, quite a few cool ones in there, started Sengoku Basara.

I really liked Gainer, I'm just sad we've only gotten that little piece of the bigger story.

Finished the series wednesday, and the movie last night. Good, but you need to see Eureka Seven, which is comparatively epic! Escaflowne as well if you haven't seen it.

Seen Escaflowne (both series and movie) and while I admit its good, it doesn't really do anything for me.

Definitely checking out Eureka Seven now. It's 2 seasons, right?

Eureka Seven never seen it but I've been meaning to. Mostly cus my fav. Japanese band, Supercar, has some music in there somewhere. Any one know more about that?

I just started watching the first 2 episodes of Higurashi no Naku Koroni Rei. It's something different from what I usually watch.

Rei is the OVA ....sorta like the 3rd season.

Did you start out watching the 1s season?

Rei is the OVA ....sorta like the 3rd season.

Did you start out watching the 1s season?

Hell no. I know nothing about this show. Just saw that someone put full versions of the DVD's in iso format on Demonoid. Figured I'd watch them. If they interest me enough, I'll do some background on the series.