The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

If Bandai can make the Quarter like gundam-fix toy such as GFF Metal Composite Psycho Gundam, serious design, nice build, great details marking and great material... I would be happy.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN939729

Except that would require Bandai doing one thing: Putting time and effort into something that ISN'T the Gundam Cash Cow.

Not that I'm complaining, I love Gundam designs and how much love Bandai gives them, but let's face the truth here; Macross is NEVER going to get as much love from Bandai as Gundam does. Why do you think the DX VF-25s suck so much? The models are decent but they have nothing on your average newer MG kit. It's just left to see just how bad the 1/100s will be (I'm hoping for HCMP-level but I know I will be sorely disappointed).

Vostok 7

Except that would require Bandai doing one thing: Putting time and effort into something that ISN'T the Gundam Cash Cow.

Not that I'm complaining, I love Gundam designs and how much love Bandai gives them, but let's face the truth here; Macross is NEVER going to get as much love from Bandai as Gundam does. Why do you think the DX VF-25s suck so much? The models are decent but they have nothing on your average newer MG kit. It's just left to see just how bad the 1/100s will be (I'm hoping for HCMP-level but I know I will be sorely disappointed).

Vostok 7

It might be truth, after all-

Business is business... smaller market = less effort

:(

However, if recent Macross F toy line sell well enough, there might still 'hope'.

That doesn't even make sense!

I left out the part after the dots for people to fill in the blanks themselves. I know what I would put there but I dare not say it.

EDIT: Sorry for going off topic on a tangent.

I hope that the Macross Quarter is taller in robot mode than the FV-25 DX.

Edited by miriya

... Am I to be insulted by this?

Anyway, in a perfect world, a 1:1 SDF-1 would be sitting on a small island 1000 miles southeast of Japan (There is an island there that roughly looks like SA Island.) and the Quarter would be sitting just outside of San Francisco Bay, which has a dome on it. :) I only wish...

It will be interesting to see which way Bandai goes with the Macross Quarter toy.

Will they go the less accurate and chunky (but more durable) route that they took with the VF-25DX, i.e. a Takatoku for the 21st Century.

Or, will they go the more detailed and accurate (but possibly less durable) route and make something similar to Wave's WHAM SDF-1 toy.

Personally, I'd prefer the latter.

Graham

I would want something more accurate too but not as small as the WAVE SDF-1. I just think it will look silly in a display if the DX VF-25 towers it. Even if it was the same hight as the DX in battroid mode then that would be OK.

i´d rather buy a model if the quality is on par with the VF-25's but if DX is all that comes out i'll probably grab one.

IF it's really 40cm long. The only reason that i haven't bought the reissued 1/5000 SDF-1 is because it's just too damn small.(Not to mention, from what i've seen on a video on youtube, quite flimsy despite having diecast parts.)

Bandai shoul just step up and give the fans a good quality transformable model of SDF-1, Battle Frontier and Macross Quarter ( would asking for Battle Galaxy be too much?), along with some other ships. Who here would't buy a Zentraedi Battle Cruiser if it was 40 or 50 cm long? They've proven they can do it with the Messiahs. Sure, Gundams are their bread and butter but Frontier's models have been flying off the shelves. COME ON, BANDAI, GIVE US THE GOOD STUFF.

I rather prefer it at least similar or bigger height than VF-25, after all it is a battleship! (hence the old SDF-1 is still much thought after... size do matter!)

That the reason I bought and sold my wave sdf-1 and got the old 1/3000, display it with other VF is never been more satisfying

While I would like to see this product made I gather it will be rather expensive... If bandai scales it down enough I could imagine it could be as cheap as the wave sdf-1 model but something tell me this figure will easily be over 150 with the way inflation is and all...

• 2 weeks later...

Though I started this thread, I've been away for a bit, so sorry if this was already hashed out, according to other website sources and the poster its self, its going to be about 20cm tall, or about 7.8 inches tall... not very big. But if detailed, could be interesting.

post-6180-1231698615_thumb.jpg

I would like it to be in the same size category as my SOC Gunbuster, Aquarion, and Dancougar Figures. Any bigger and it would be in "my wife will kill me" range. I think Bandai will choose the SOC method to their madness on this figure. They will make it durable and accurate with fine detail. Why? Because there isnt much engineering involved in its transformation and therefore more room for detail.

Thats my take

PS HEY G-Man can I ask you to give me an avatar if I provided on to you??

thanks!http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=28006&view=old

Edited by nugundamII

I just can not accept that it is going to be 20cm. That is just too small. I am still hoping that they will change their mind on that and make it more like 40cm - 50cm tall in battroid mode. Otherwise I may have to pass like I did with the WAVE SDF-1 which i think is absolutely gorgeous (both versions) but just too small and too expensive. And by "too" I mean that it crosses the threshold of willingness to buy for me personally (just to aviod more economics debates).

Edit for spelling.

Edited by miriya

I just can not accept that it is going to be 20cm. That is just too small. I am still hoping that they will change their mind on that and make it more like 40cm - 50cm tall in battroid mode. Otherwise I may have to pass like I did with the WAVE SDF-1 which i think is absolutely gorgeous (both versions) but just too small and too expensive. And by "too" I mean that it crosses the threshold of willingness to buy for me personally (just to aviod more economics debates).

Edit for spelling.

I got most of my info from 2 sites & the guys at CollectionDX and they seem to be pretty accurate on their info. So though I wish it would be by far larger, sounds like its 20cm for now.

It sometimes seems as if none of the new toy designers for either Bandai, Yamato or others ever grew up with the old school & LARGE SDF-1. (My 2 SDF-1's came from Toys R us in 1985-86) If they did, making tiny little battle ships would never cross their minds, especially for the price tags!! But thats my thought....

I got most of my info from 2 sites & the guys at CollectionDX and they seem to be pretty accurate on their info. So though I wish it would be by far larger, sounds like its 20cm for now.

It sometimes seems as if none of the new toy designers for either Bandai, Yamato or others ever grew up with the old school & LARGE SDF-1. (My 2 SDF-1's came from Toys R us in 1985-86) If they did, making tiny little battle ships would never cross their minds, especially for the price tags!! But thats my thought....

I have one of those 1980's SDF-1 toys too, the matchbox version, and I love it. It is the perfect size for a battleship especially in terms of the general sizes of other macross toys. It looks great with the CMS figures in front of it, or next to a chunky monkey or a Yamato valk or almost any other macross toy as it is still just a bit bigger than anything else as it should be. It can be used for forced perspective tricks etc...

Seeing as how Bandai has the Soul of Chogokin line I would think that it should have fallen into that line/ size reminiscent of the old Takatoku SDF-1, or the old Godaiken lines like the larger Googel IV and Tetsujin 28, Go Lion and so forth.

There's a simple solution to this problem:

1. Throw all reason to the wind and go by the Wave SDF-1 now before it's too late. I felt the exact same way as you did until it suddenly went out of stock everywhere and I felt the following: "Oh man - there's not going to be a nice Macross figure available forever and I'm gonna never have one I should have bought it" - and so I found it and got it and guess what?...

You forget really really quickly that it cost so much and all that remains is the happy feeling that you have it.

2. Once you've got it then spending the equivalent on the Bandai Quarter won't be so hard :)

Pete

There's a simple solution to this problem:

1. Throw all reason to the wind and go by the Wave SDF-1 now before it's too late. I felt the exact same way as you did until it suddenly went out of stock everywhere and I felt the following: "Oh man - there's not going to be a nice Macross figure available forever and I'm gonna never have one I should have bought it" - and so I found it and got it and guess what?...

You forget really really quickly that it cost so much and all that remains is the happy feeling that you have it.

2. Once you've got it then spending the equivalent on the Bandai Quarter won't be so hard :)

Pete

Thank you for the encouragement. Trust me I was going through all that several times. I had the "Movie Colored" one on preorder and was watching many auctions for either version. I had my finger on the trigger with an itch in my sight but still everytime got a shot from reason in my rear and dropped. I have pondered it thoroughly. I have agonized even. And I have tried to just do it, go for it, get it over with. But everytime reason says, "You do not have the money for this. Dont put it on your credit cards. Wouldnt you rather buy a Yammie (or something else that I want more).". . . That said, I am hoping that HLJ will eventually do one of those super sales on it and then it will be mine. But the BIGGEST factor for me is the size. My VF-1 aboultely should not tower the SDF-1 and that is the main problem for me. If Wave made it 40-50cm with the same sculpt and beauty then it would be a no brainer for me. I guess I am just hung up on size (trying to compensate for something?). lol :blink:

But the BIGGEST factor for me is the size. My VF-1 aboultely should not tower the SDF-1 and that is the main problem for me. If Wave made it 40-50cm with the same sculpt and beauty then it would be a no brainer for me. I guess I am just hung up on size (trying to compensate for something?

I went through this problem until I realized something:

The VF-1 will ALWAYS tower over the Macross model. Why? Because there's no way it can't. No matter how you scale the Macross, unless you make it the size of your house, the VF-1 will always look huge compared to it.

But, once you have it, you will notice that in fact, the model is so precise and wonderfully detailed and well made, that sticking it in the background makes it just look like it's far away.

The box is lovely, with screen grabs from DYRL, and the stand is great - with the UN Spacey kite design and everything. ARMD-1 and 2 are detachable and can function on their own as crafts.

And no where does it say that if you buy the SDF-1, then you will have to give up buying a VF-1.

So you might have to wait a bit longer to purchase your next one... big deal.

Just think of the last non-Macross related thing that you blew that kind of money on - booze, dinner with a girl/wife? Refrain from these unimportant things for a couple of weeks or a month or two and just do it.

You will feel better.

The box is really nice. It's packed in styrophone and it is very well done.

Pete :)

Do you guys get a commission or something?!?! :lol:

Are you trying to put me on the streets (with a box full of macross collectables)? :blink:

I feel like this is peer pressure!"Come on ALL the cool kids have a wave SDF-1! Dont you want to be cool?" :huh:

"Once you get a taste then the size wont bother you!" :unsure:

No food Booze or girls? You must be shrooming! :wacko:

.... eh. ... I might do it anyway....... :ph34r:

This peer pressure your receiving is COMPLETELY BADASS!

Food? Girls? Who needs em. :p

Don't you want to be cool too Miriya? You do want to be, Cool, Don't you Miriya?

HA HA!!

I noticed that you left out Booze! Thats my man!

And yes, of course, being cool is THE MOST important thing. That is why I hang around Macrossworld forums all day!!! :lol:

ruskiiVFaussie is COMPLETELY BADASS!!!!

And VFTF1, yes, nice box is worth the money! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by miriya