The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

So anyone has any speculation what the other two blurred pics might be? VF-100 Michel? Maybe the third one is that red vajra.

I doubt it's a Michael valk since they've shown the VF100 DX and Model version multiple times already. I think the first one is going to be a VF-171 and the second either a red Vajra or the VF-27

It's clearly obvious, the blue one is the VF-19. Not only does the color give it away - the chest, shoulders and head is what defines it. It looks nothing like the 27, especially with the pointy nose sticking out of its high raised chest, the organic shoulders and the round antennae, which the 27 lacks.

The red one is more likely a VAJRA- Looks like claws, and is nothing similar to the japanese scribe in the Nyan Nyan logo. Note the head shape on the bottom of the pic.

The Quarter is obviously the Quarter, Battle Frontier doesn't have the two towering cannons on its back.

*hits buzzer* And that's my final answer, Bob!

Edited by OmegaD3k

It's clearly obvious, the blue one is the VF-19. Not only does the color give it away - the chest, shoulders and head is what defines it. It looks nothing like the 27, especially with the pointy nose sticking out of its high raised chest, the organic shoulders and the round antennae, which the 27 lacks.

The red one is more likely a VAJRA- Looks like claws, and is nothing similar to the japanese scribe in the Nyan Nyan logo. Note the head shape on the bottom of the pic.

The Quarter is obviously the Quarter, Battle Frontier doesn't have the two towering cannons on its back.

*hits buzzer* And that's my final answer, Bob!

the color doesn't tell you anything; I distinctly remember the Macross quarter not being a light pinkish-purple color, but it is in the preview. anyways the VF-19 amdd VF-27 have similar shaped shoulders so thats a moot point and the shield looks more like the one on the 27 than the 19.

its not the Logo its the MASCOT! look at the Mascots face, IDENTICAL.

and their was never any debate if the first one was the quarter (bandai probably made that one obvious on purpose since everyone already knows it's coming)

if the blue one is the VF-19 it's a random as hell hint considering it's amongst macross FRONTIER product teasers and info; and it has a massive SMS logo over it.

Just look at the "horns" on the 27. It's wide and oddly shaped whereas the blurred picture shows that it's straight and skinny like the 19. Maybe they're planning on releasing randomly and not by series.

maybe for movie they're going to replace the VF-171 with the VF-19 and we're getting to see the toy for the movie.

I'm guessing the mysterious VF-19-like one is actually the VF-27. I mean, come-on, the line work has been filtered, blurred, and it's the size of a postage stamp. People are reading a lot into perceived details that just aren't reliable. Also, considering the VF-19 never appears in Frontier, and everything we're seeing is Frontier related, it's more than a stretch to say that it's the VF-19. A VF-27 toy, on the other hand, is practically guaranteed.

I do like the conjecture that we'll see the VF-19 as the regular fighter in the movie, but it's just that. Conjecture. Wishful thinking, at best.

I could see the shoulders and "shield" being similar to Battle 25's shoulders and port side deck, but the head and chest parts don't really match up to battle 25's.

I'm more in agreement that it is likely the VF-27 as the head and chest portions match up better. The shoulders still seem too big for the VF-27 though, unless the toy is just going to have really out of proportion shoulders.

the blue one is Battle Frontier... that's my guess.

I agree.

I hope its a plastic kit. While a toy would be nice, a plastic kit would go nicely with my old SDF:M kits. Ya know?

post-1561-1234806646_thumb.jpg

Edited by AcroRay

I could see the shoulders and "shield" being similar to Battle 25's shoulders and port side deck, but the head and chest parts don't really match up to battle 25's.

I'm more in agreement that it is likely the VF-27 as the head and chest portions match up better. The shoulders still seem too big for the VF-27 though, unless the toy is just going to have really out of proportion shoulders.

Obviously there's not much to go on, it's just a best guess thing. I can see it being the Battle 25 in a couple different ways though. In order for it to be a VF-27 or a VF-19 you have to think of the picture as an extreme close up. I see it more as a picture of nearly the whole product, a left leg, a left shoulder, and a big fracking gun. The second way is closer and more akin to AcroRay's pic. Obviously I wouldn't be shocked at all if I was COMPLETELY wrong and it's actually a plush toy.

Edit - the pink one is probably a Ranka figure with Nyan Nyan as the background. That would SUCK.

Edited by jenius

Obviously there's not much to go on, it's just a best guess thing. I can see it being the Battle 25 in a couple different ways though. In order for it to be a VF-27 or a VF-19 you have to think of the picture as an extreme close up. I see it more as a picture of nearly the whole product, a left leg, a left shoulder, and a big fracking gun. The second way is closer and more akin to AcroRay's pic. Obviously I wouldn't be shocked at all if I was COMPLETELY wrong and it's actually a plush toy.

Edit - the pink one is probably a Ranka figure with Nyan Nyan as the background. That would SUCK.

That would be an interesting turn. What if they made Battle Frontier a plushie and Ranka a DX chogokin nyan nyan valkyrie girl?

i'm thinking maybe one of them is the vf-19 fire valkyrie. it was famous in macross 7. it could also be redemption for their older macross 7 stuff.

Actually, the VF-19P from Dynamite is probably my favourite 19 design. I suppose that they could be advertising an upcoming 1/100 toy there, but...I dunno, it seems like it's Frontier related, given the SMS logo on it, and everything else being Frontier related. Speculation that it's not a Frontier related toy gets the "one of these things is not like the other" jingle stuck in my head. It'd be more than a little left field.