Macross Frontier Episode 20 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 20  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! WHY!!?????)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I want everyone to DIE!! DIE!! DIE!!)

Looks like I was called out on the call out. I bow to Shaka Z to knowing more about the effects of vacuum on a human body than I. I really never researched it that much except what I knew for sure and common myth. Still though, I rest my case from earlier. I think think we need to speak of it anymore.

Anyway, great episode. Need Subs.

I can't wait till the fight scene where they use the 2nd Op song...and then the final battle with the Ranka ending the fighting with her version of Ai Oboeteimasuka....it would be a fitting end to the series.

Claudia - "What was that song..."

Misa - "Just a popular tune."

Claudia - "A Tune?"

Misa - "An ordinary love song that was popular in the alien city......tens of thousands of years ago."

While Michael's death wasn't Ranka's fault totally she had a little to do with it, but earlier posters are right, it's their own fault for not realizing exactly how Ranka's voice affects the Vajra and how it works. Like a kid playing with a loaded gun.

I think the only one who bothered to examine why Ranka's singing worked was Grace, and I doubt she wants anyone else to know of her findings. Everyone else probably assumed that it worked in the same way as singing did against the Zentraedi.

thing is that the effects of Ranka's singing was quite obvious anytime she was present in the battlespace riding along in the Monster... she starts singing, and after a moment of indescision, all the vajra in close proximity start heading her way. should have been easy to spot in the after-action debriefs. I am amazed that none of the skulls caught it at least... or even Carnalia... SHE should have been the first one to say 'WTF??? as soon as she started singing my Monster became a vajra magnet???!!!???' this should have been promptly followed by 'bitch, STOP SINGING, or so help me I will throw u out the airlock, and not give a DAMN what Ozma does to me later!!!' then, after realizing what she just said, she should be like 'hmmm... that might be interesting... WTF AM I THINKING... I'M MARRIED!!!'

would have been hilarious...

Edited by Shaka_Z

Nene, the third Pixie, is still alive folks. She's not been killed. You can relax with the "WE MUST KILL ALL THE PIXIES" mantra. :rolleyes:

I think Nene is the second Pixie. The third Pixie is always the drummer.

Don't forget to blame Alto and Sheryl as well then. They were the one's who pushed her to start singing during the attack. I still don't get why there is so much Ranka-hatred. The writers/character designers obviously did not have it in mind for the viewer to hate her. Many of the criticisms leveled against Ranka have been seen in other characters, but nobody ever mentions a thing about it. Maybe it has something to do with mo-e hatred, but that says more about the viewer than the character...

It's because Ranka is not as sexy as sheryl. If Ranka was built like Sheryl and Sheryl was built Ranka, then all the hatred would be directed to Sheryl. Personally, I never liked Sheryl and still don't but not because of her body! Alot of the hatred going Ranka's way is do to the fact, that many male viewers (by putting themselves in Alto's position) would prefer to be with Sheryl than Ranka. Their constant bashing of Ranka, and praise of Sheryl dispite the fact that Ranka has done more for the fleet than Sheryl ever has. Putting on some concerts, doing some comercials, running around chasing panties at a school, and everything else Sheryl has done, can not compare to the times Ranka has place her like in danger in order to save the life of others! And please don't hand me the "she did it for selfish reasons" argument. Why shouldn't she have reasons for doing it, her life is on the line!! Like like Ranka and always will ( unless she "merges" with Sheryl as it has been suggested) and as far as Sheryl goes I say LET HER HAVE ALTO, PLEASE!!!! <_<

so i was rewatching the hd raw, and during the battle out in space, there was a blue vf-25 fighting... looked awfully close to Mikhail's vf-25... anybody else noticed it?

the main sms characters were inside frontier...

@ 19:51, right shoulder has 003 on it... it could just be studio reusing animation, but i found it odd nonetheless

whats strange as well is the blue light that appears as the hole is being sealed...

Edited by phy

Yea, same here. Is it wrong that I just about cried again while making a post in Character Appreciation? :(

You *are* a boy, aren't you?

I own page 19.

At this point it seems to be that Frontier has blinders on to the way Ranka's singing actually works.

Ranka professing her love to Alto would be a huge step and is more likely to happen than Sheryl.

At this point, Sheryl may very well die, decide to let Ranka have Alto, but not before telling Alto she loves him on her FINAL death bed. Unless she dies, I don't see Sheryl confessing to Alto and frankly, though Alto may have feelings for both of them, he's too confused to know what to make of it.

Sigh, I wish I had some way to talk about this realtime with all of my friends here.

Edited by RF-26AAC

so i was rewatching the hd raw, and during the battle out in space, there was a blue vf-25 fighting... looked awfully close to Mikhail's vf-25... anybody else noticed it?

@ 19:51, right shoulder has 003 on it... it could just be studio reusing animation, but i found it odd nonetheless

whats strange as well is the blue light that appears as the hole is being sealed...

That's just ordinary VF-25 Cannon fodder, in the close up of its head it's beige, not blue as in Michael's jet.

The blue light is just sunlight reflecting from his Ex-Gear, it's a throwback to Macross Plus movie Guld.

I admit I too shed a few manly tears on Michael's death. The voice actors did a superb job and damn he was my favourite character.

Byemichel.jpg

I'm only 23, hugely emotionally attached to the series and I didn't actually cry.. I got teary eyed and all but didn't outright turn on the waterworks... only the first two times I saw it...

I dunno, coming from a paramilitary background I guess it's easier for me to be a touch nonchalant about death..

But come on guys! We're *men* here.

You Bobby type-men are welcome to sob hysterically, though :p

Race driver, pilot... same thing, practically

except my kind fight each other with passes, not bullets and missiles...

I dunno

as sad as this is

death is a part of combat,

let's all move on past the grief stage here, men.

maybe it's just cos I'm not so much into Anime as I once was

stronger person perhaps, but guys, if you're seriously crying (more than a few tears once or twice), calm down, friends.

/hugs for all

I'll write a real post about this episode after the subs. Meanwhile, I shod manly tears and then went out to kill roaches in my kitchen. Is that enough tribute? :unsure:

I have you one-upped, I destroyed a wasp's nest in tribute... well, not really, mainly because it was next to my darn window.

Aerosol Brake Cleaner = INSTAKILL

o_O come to think of it Frontier needs a Brake Cleaner hose to shoot at Vajra >=)

man-tears are okay only a little bit but let's get a hold of ourselves :p

:unsure: I hope the girls actually shed girl tears, it would be freaking if they shed manly tears...

RichterX your avatar scares me ..... :ph34r:

Klan will wear Meltradi-berserker awsomeness aura ... she doesn't need clothes

Edited by whispo

I didn't shed any tears over Michael's death but I was saddened by it because he was a good character. I always identified with the Max type character the most (which was just Max in Macross and Macross 7).

Hey Shaka Z, where did you get your avatar? I like it, the YF-19 almost looks photo realistic. Probably because of the small size.

It looked like a pale green/brown color to me. I thought it was a Canon Fodder VF-25. But yeah he does have a 003 on his armor.

I think the blue light is a star that was just in the background. Well placed I might add. The hero disappearing out into space infront of a blue star. We salute you Mikhail! :'(

Nah not really...

Ofcouse they do, who do you think is causing all those beautifull explosions in the background, getting blown up? These squads are there to present us viewers with graphical effects and the occasional mecha pr0n.

These are why I learned after watching Chinese sub:

Klan wonders they have done the right thing (get Sheryl and Alto together). Michel replies that they should do it since everyone is searching for their love one. Klan asked Michel where is his love?

Sherry told Alto that Ranka’s performance was perfect. Alto probes to her that she may want to sing again. Sheryl replied that she will not singing any more. She fainted before she can finished “Sheryl Nome is already ….”. Alto holds her and told that he does not believe she will give up singing career. Otherwise people weren’t be touched by her singing. As the person who has been performed on the stage, he can tell the difference.

Ranka was hurt so much she feels she want to die. A swarm of bugs coming to attack, Luca immediately recognizes that they are the Vajra in the second stage of their life cycle.

Howard asked whey Vajra are here when escaping from their attack. Leoh told Cathy that he want to cancel engagement and she responded that is what she want. Someone called Leoh who he though the report of assassination but actually from Howard, who orders him to stay there since he is coming.

Alto begs Ranka to sing for the sake of protecting Frontier. Ranka responses that she doesn’t want to be the tool to defend against Vajra. Sheryl told Ranka that she knows how bad her feeling is, but as a pro Ranka can do it.

Ranka began to singing but kept thinking how bad her feeling is. To the surprise of everyone, this wakes up entire colony of small Vajra and triggers their violent response. Grace noticed that the emotion index from Ranka’s singing drops way down to negative territory. This reminds

Ozuma the same fate that had happened to 117th fleet.

Leoh asked Grace why she did it, Grace replies that she had thought about that but it is not her plan to cause the rampage, and offers her help to finish Howard. Leoh responses that he will finish the job, and told his men that it is actually their reat opportunity in this chaos. Macross Quarter got news that Frontier is attacked from inside and ordered to return.

Luca comforts to Ranka that her voice may not have enough power output, and suggest going to SMS base to acquire fold amplifier and high power weapon. When Alto hold her palm on the run, Ranka feels warm and remember being hold by someone who gave the same warm hand before.

Grace ordered Brera to defend Frontier against the incoming Vajra reinforcement. Brera counters that he wants to locate Ranka. Grace warns him to obey her order or she will put him under control mode, saying that Frontier cannot be destroyed at this point, and Vajra won’t harm their little queen.

When meet up with Leoh, Howard instructed Leoh to transfer government function to Battle Frontier. Leoh said he will take care everything.

At the entry to SMS, Michel holds dead SMS personnel and cries out that why he had to die, only the soldiers need to die like this. Klan told him to calm down. Luca found where to find EX gear and weapon for Valkyrie.

Before arriving the scene where her father is killed, Cathy told Ozuma that they are in the secret shortcut route to Battle Frontier that only reserved for VIP.

While preparing to cover Klan running to chamber, Klan asked Michel the answer of where his love is. Michel replied that his loving is missing and he is still searching. He even not sure he has loved before. Klan responding by saying he is a coward and kissing him. Michel asked Klan why she kiss and confess to him in the middle of this situation, Klan pronounces to him and Alto that to love someone they should not be afraid to die.

At shelter, people wonder why Ranka was not singing to protect them. Someone blame Ranka running away and government not protecting them. Eddy’s father conformed him that his mother and other will protect them, and he is prepared to die for that. Sheryl picked her ring and wonder her song can still be delivered. Sheryl pondered that she should sing for their despair, just like Rank sings for their hope. Elme jump up and proclaim that she is the galaxy songstress.

Before being sucking to outer space, Michel told Klan that he has been a coward and could not confess his love to her.

That’s it, folks. Let me what I missed or got wrong.