Macross Frontier Episode 20 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 20  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! WHY!!?????)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I want everyone to DIE!! DIE!! DIE!!)

Macross a tendency to reuse names like Eddie, Gilliam and Bobby but Mikhail may have had death flag writen all over him since day one. Not counting Millia's chief stooge Michael of course in Macross 7.

Watching Macross Zero again Roy told Aries why he joined the UN Forces.

A buddy of Roy named Michael was killed in the first Anti-UN terrorist bombing. Five minute after Roy said goodbye to him.

Macross a tendency to reuse names like Eddie, Gilliam and Bobby but Mikhail may have had death flag writen all over him since day one. Not counting Millia's chief stooge Michael of course in Macross 7.

gilliam, the first time i heard it was VF-X 2, dont know if it was somewhere else thought

gilliam, the first time i heard it was VF-X 2, dont know if it was somewhere else thought

Frontier's Gilliam ended up dead like VFX-2 Gilliam.

By that that pattern Canaria's son should live much like Shin's buddy Eddie La Salle who has the same last name as Claudia La Salle.

Frontier's Gilliam ended up dead like VFX-2 Gilliam.

By that that pattern Canaria's son should live much like Shin's buddy Eddie La Salle who has the same last name as Claudia La Salle.

And Bobby should get all the spiritia sucked out of him, laboriously make his way back to normalcy, and then get all the spiritia sucked out of him again.

I think you're talking the naming convention a little too far, in other words...

There is a valkyrie still reserved for a future pilot I think :)

This picture is from a magazine that I don't remember the name.

Check the green VF-25F-ish valk at the center

IMO it's reserved for Sheryl after some modifications on Mikhail VF-25G

post-3814-1219464693_thumb.jpg

Edited by charger69

There is a valkyrie still reserved for a future pilot I think :)

This picture is from a magazine that I don't remember the name.

Check the green VF-25F-ish valk at the center

IMO it's reserved for Sheryl after some modifications on Mikhail VF-25G

Not a chance. It says "Luca Type" next to it.

Going back to Zentreadi being able to survive in a vacuum for an extended time, I always thought it was only Britai that could do so. Even if it was a normal Zentraedi trait, I would think that it would only apply to full-size Zentraedi and not micloned ones.

Ranka who was in vacuum for a short period of time in episode 2 assured Alto she was alright when Alto asked if her eardrums are ok. She said she was 1/4 Zentran so she was totally fine....which shows Zentrans macro/micloned still have vacuum resistance.

Hm... I realise a way to guage roughly how impactful/ enjoyable (or both) an episode had on its audience for Frontier is by the number of forum responses in the episode threads..... Good/ impact ful episodes can get 650 or more posts, while those "meh" spisodes struggle to rech 400 posts... Damn this episode is heart wrenching....

Hmm, I have a bad feeling that some other main character might end up dead within the next few episodes. Maybe it's Sheryl herself? Still much about her remains unanswered.

Wonder what Brera's going to do with his VF-27...

Now that Leon's Mr. President, the big question remains:

What's going on with Bilrer? The SMS complex is obviously under Vajra attack, but where is he ? His role in all this remains unknown even to this date.

The whole Vajra rush on board thing is so reminiscent of the zerg...

"LIVE FOR THE SWARM!"

Now that I think of it, Ozma and Cathy could easily wind up dead next episode too if Leon is as careful and thorough as he could be. The word "trap" springs to mind.

Just saw the episode yesterday and......

Good Bye Mikhail!!! :( That was a really GAR moment for you. :)

ALSO...... fellowe Macross Worlders I pressent to you SMS 003. :ph34r:

2r2nnz9.jpg

YES. That is a Cannon Fodder VF-25 with Super Pack pwning some VAJRA butt!!!! :ph34r:

After seeing that I now demand that SK give SMS 003 the "Machida Treatment." :angry: Pinpoint Barrier Punch, FTW!!!! :lol:

BTW.....Anybody notice that in this particular scene from Episode 20, SMS 003 is also doing the "Alto Manuever" from Episode 14. You know the one where Alto's VF-25 had an Armored Pack and was flying towards the Vajra command ship and at the same time leaving Ozma astounded at the maneuvers he was doing.

For those who have a hard time locating this particular shot it is really just a sort sequence that was inserted during the time in Episode 20 where Canaria is shown doing her damnedest to fight off the Vajra with her Konig Monster.

The only possibly chance for Mikhail to survive is if Brera's VF-27 on remote control is nearby and is able to get Mickhail into the cockpit, get the cockpit pressurised and get him to an advanced medical facility immediately.

Graham

Now that would be cheap

With Mr. Blanc out of the way, this isn't really going to help along with the storytelling. If all the snooping him and Klan-Klan (and there is a possibility that he knows stuff that he hasn't even told her yet) did is going out of the ship the same way the poor man's body does, then wouldn't that be a HUGE waste of plot development?

Unless he somehow left all he knew in some hidden yet accessible to his friends, I find it impossible to discount his return in some form.