Macross Frontier Episode 20 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 20  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! WHY!!?????)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I want everyone to DIE!! DIE!! DIE!!)

The reason why it had to happen was the voice actor needed to free up time for playing Tierra's voice, in Gundam 00: Season Two, which starts in October.

That's nonsense. A VA is known to do a few jobs at a time and sometimes they're in the same season as well. Its not like Michel is heavily featured in screentime anyway. If Jun Fukuyama can do various starring roles at the same time I can't se why Kamiya (michel's seiiyuu) can't do it for supporting roles.

I just saw it. I can't believe this.

I just could not close my mouth. Eyes are wet.

Oh my god.

And i was regreting reading the episode synops in wikipedia.... there was nothing about this in it!! and I kinda thanks for it thou....

OMG,

I just cant believe what i just saw. when the president hitman upper half fell on that girl I knew this was going to be different, but this was just too much.....

12 hours. Spoilers tags no longer needed. But feel free to do it, only cuz it drives Mod-Roy nutty.

-Mecha snipers get no love these days. It's almost the new cliche.

-On that note, this is nothing. You guys should have seen the Gundam forums when Lockon Stratos died. You all should be thankful Mikhail got stabbed then sucked out. They dragged Lockon's death for 3 episodes. 3 freakin weeks before they finally killed him off. Here, Michael dies in 1 episode. If Code Geass has a sniper... :unsure:

-As I said for Sheryl, Ranka will find her song again. May take an episode but she'll find it.

-And on that note, Sheryl found her song again. Good for her.

-Mental note, Don't make Ranka sad or mad, OR ELSE.

-Cathy now has a legitimate reason for getting rid of Leon. And not just because he's a shady boyfriend.

-Lots of gruesome deaths this week. The assasin got cut in half, President Glass getting riddled with bullets, Michael's stab. I swear Tomino was directing this episode.

- Kill Klan. Kill Klan. (Say it with me!)

And quit it with the pinapple salad. No pinapples were involved in Michael's death.

For those of you who cried:whysoseriouski6.jpg Me-> jokerlaughut2.th.jpg

Wait a second, but when did Nene die? Raramia's replacement seems to have been killed.

I can see it in the next episode:

Medic: "We were able to save his left arm."

Grace: "I thought we agreed on total body prothesis. Now lose the arm."

RoboMichel!

Bringing back/saving Michel would kill any impact this episode had. They can't bring him back without cheapening the series.

I swear Tomino was directing this episode.

After watching IDEON (1980) I realised that the troubled 3 year pre-production of the original SDF Macross (1979-1982) paid off in the end. It shaped the whole franchise as perhaps one of the most Tomino influenced ones (Not that much in Macross Seven though). Waiting a lot can be actually good in the end, hehe...

I just realised something terrible... That perhaps the dead girl in the miclonization chamber entry was Nene with Raramia's haircut!!!!!!! :blink:

(Can't wait for the subs now...) :wacko:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Nice. With the nicer raws out, I can see the beautiful timing of that tear at the end much better and Sheryl's shiny shiny earring.

I love the ending. I love how Sheryl found a purpose in singing. It doesn't change her situation, but in spite of it, I'm glad she took the opportunity to sing out what others were feeling and offer them some comfort.

Previews show some good animation coming up. (I was immediately struck by the shot of Alto running. With faces being so off last episode, and some really 'static' scenes, I was pleased by the panning shot of Sheryl at the end of this episode, as well as how well animated Michael and Klan's last scene were.)

Edited by s-girl

Damn.

Damn. Damn. Damn.

Damn.

Anyone who votes negative on this one is either crazy, stupid, or just an a**hole.

Agreed...

This episode is Frontier's own "Pineapple Salad" episode...

Will be remembered for ages... :mellow:

(Another reason why the powers that be should leave Michael's fate as it is and move on... sorry...)

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I could imagine the fan uproar on the deaths on this episode.

random fan 1# "Noooooo, Michel.....T.T"

random fan 2# "Michel......"

random fan 3# "President Glass is dead too you know, anyone mourn for him?"

random fan 4# "Michel, noooooo......wait...what president?"

:huh:

So now Leon got total control of Frontier, I wonder what he will do next. Besides I positively heard Grace said that the Vajra sudden invasion is not planned at all and it would ruin her actual plan if Frontier sunk at this time.

So many fans blaming Ranka for Michel death, well Ranka had her part in summoning the Vajra to overrun Frontier, but she doesn't know the fact that her emotions is directly related with the Vajra behavior. Poor Ranka, you are truly destined to became the Queen Bitch of the Galaxy with your own Vajra Hive. :(

BTW, I wonder why Alto keep firing his handgun on top of Mihoshi and not getting devoured by the Vajra, bigger gun -> more reason for Vajra to attack?

so we'll get a berserkForever???

-points at Xeros avatar- Where did you get that from? <_< -look at Whispo...-

Well, Klan may go berserk next episode, but still I hope she survive until the end(If MF kills all the Meltran/Zentran character, that would be lame, remember the 131st marine?)

See... Michael's body gets frozen nearly instantly in space, and that takes care of the blood loss and massively slows the oxygen deprivation, allowing someone to pick his body up and revive him! It would certainly be more believable than the return of a certain individual who had his shattered helmet floating in space removed from the post-broadcast versions of the episode in which he "died"...

(on a side note, my understanding is that it is possible to keep someone alive with little long-term damage if you freeze their body VERY quickly, and are extremely careful about the defrosting)

imo, the triangle is essentially over at this point. If Alto didn't have feelings for Sheryl, then he would have said something when Ranka showed up. Ranka may not like it, but she's going to have to learn to deal with it JUST LIKE MINMAY DID. Minmay sulked and pouted in DYRL when Hikaru chose Misa over her, but finally got over it and did her part to help the Macross survive. Ranka's going to need to learn how to do the same thing. She's 16. She'll get over Alto and find someone else to develop a crush on.

Edited by junior

Gosh I watched it again and still cried! Doushite?!?!?! I feel Klan's rage and Cathy's pain. Now I really want to Grace and Leon to get knocked off. How'd the Vajra hive get on Frontier anyway? It's all "their" fault for bringing it on the citizens of Frontier. Grace, Leon and the GITS esq cyber collective must DIE!!!!!

Except Brera. I was really not liking him from the beginning. Just too bad-a$$ and stick up butt for me. I would be too if I was a cyborg/robot and couldn't die. But I think we'll see him finally remembering his past and will soften up and change sides (we kinda see it already since Grace had to grab him by his cyber balls). I hope he pulls one over Grace. Not sure how, but so far he's the only one who knows how (maybe) to get the real Grace once and for all.

I wonder who's going to put all the pieces together in the end?

Watching it again, makes me relunctantly say Mikhail is gone for good. He died the most honorable death and songs will be sung about him in Sto-vo-kor, but hey, they did a "GOTCHA!" once with Ozuma in a single episode. Maybe they'll do it over two or three episodes with Mikhail. Couldn't you see Kawamori and Co laughing at us? HAHAHA we got them again!!!! Babies (yes I'm one of them *shaking rattle with pacifier in mouth*...PWND!!!!

Anything could happen at this point as "it ain't over till it's over." (Com'on sing it Lenny Kravitz)

For the first time ever, I WATCHED A RAW! "gasp!"

My Japanese paid off however, and I understood most of the episode.

The shizz hath hitteth the fan indeed.

Godspeed Michel....

For the first time ever, I WATCHED A RAW! "gasp!"

My Japanese paid off however, and I understood most of the episode.

The shizz hath hitteth the fan indeed.

Godspeed Michel....

Do you know what they said about the dead SMS woman at the entry of the miclonization chamber? Does anybody has a pic of her? :huh:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

damn it, i'm starting to sound like a broken record spewing "best.episode.ever" again and again. but IT IS! IT IS!! at least for now! oh man o man, let the man tears flow. damn, that death was very nicely done. perfect in all aspects. michael's character was developed just right, to make you feel that dreadful pang by the time he dies. the scene as he's about to be sucked out into space is absolutely brilliant. DAMN that stings.

while i only watched the raw, and my japanese is very VERY limited, this episode penetrates on so many levels. i got it. it hit, and it ran deep.

and how could I not love this episode? Sheryl is queen once again. her amazing show of unbelievable strength in the time of greatest despair trumps all. alto would be an ABSOLUTE FOOL if he picks ranka over sheryl.

and, oh, for the WIN: the "MINMAY SLAP" on Ranka! yeah!! take that you simpering fool!!! :D

dark episode, full of weight, brilliant pacing and mood was perfectly set. all in all, probably the best episode ever (yeah, i said it again). MACROSS at its finest. :)

Can't wait for the klanklan killing spree. and for alto to push ranka off the building after another MINMAY slap. hehe. (j/k! no need to react.) :p

watching it again...

and right now i'm getting a renewed and even greater respect for Minmay.

i mean, right after Hikaru outright dumps her (and even slaps her), and even asks her to sing a song that Misa found, she still managed to sing splendidly and beat out the entire bodolza fleet.

on the other hand, ranka couldn't even bring herself to sing properly. and all she saw was a hug. the best she could do was make the vajra more aggressive. hehe. :p

p.s. when nanase was trying to comfort ranka during the vajra attack, what did sheryl say (while she was looking at them sideways)? was it "kibo"? what does that mean? thanks.

Edited by dreamweaver13

watching it again...

and right now i'm getting a renewed and even greater respect for Minmay.

i mean, right after Hikaru outright dumps her (and even slaps her), and even asks her to sing a song that Misa found, she still managed to sing splendidly and beat out the entire bodolza fleet.

on the other hand, ranka couldn't even bring herself to sing properly. and all she saw was a hug. the best she could do was make the vajra more aggressive. hehe. :p

I'm confused...was it her fault, or was that what "Aimo OC" was meant to do...? Are the Vajra responding to her emotions, or something Grace mixed into the song?

So now Leon got total control of Frontier, I wonder what he will do next. Besides I positively heard Grace said that the Vajra sudden invasion is not planned at all and it would ruin her actual plan if Frontier sunk at this time.

Well, if Leon acts as he should, his next step is to kill Ozma and Cathy. Which probably means that a.) Both of them will go underground and b.) Alto will be the new Skull Leader.

I'm confused...was it her fault, or was that what "Aimo OC" was meant to do...? Are the Vajra responding to her emotions, or something Grace mixed into the song?

I believe it's Ranka's fault. She was singing Aimo and then in her head she said, "[something in japanese] hurts.....it hurts.....it hurts....it hurts". The Vajra went off the "it hurts" resonance and the flood came out. Like the flood crawly buggers in Halo. Sorry my japanese is limited and my wife went back to Japan a few days ago.

Man....someone "minmay slap" her again.

I believe it's Ranka's fault. She was singing Aimo and then in her head she said, "[something in japanese] hurts.....it hurts.....it hurts....it hurts". The Vajra went off the "it hurts" resonance and the flood came out. Like the flood crawly buggers in Halo. Sorry my japanese is limited and my wife went back to Japan a few days ago.

Man....someone "minmay slap" her again.

Hmmm...I noticed that the first Vajra emerged when she said she wished she were dead...but I must've missed her saying "It hurts."

On a somewhat related note, those bat-like Vajra are f*ckin' creepy.

And again...I have absolutely no clue why anyone would vote negative or neutral on this episode. As others have said, this was one of the greatest episodes in all of Macross.

Thankfully, most of the members here recognize quality when they see it.

Hmmm...I noticed that the first Vajra emerged when she said she wished she were dead...but I must've missed her saying "It hurts."

On a somewhat related note, those bat-like Vajra are f*ckin' creepy.

And again...I have absolutely no clue why anyone would vote negative or neutral on this episode. As others have said, this was one of the greatest episodes in all of Macross.

Thankfully, most of the members here recognize quality when they see it.

When she started singing already, in her mind she was saying "ittai" over and over again, and as it echoed, they cut to a scene of vajra renewing their attack (not that it stopped actually). that means "it hurts", right?

but you do have a point. who knows what grace has put into that song? besides, "susume susume frontier" sounds more like a battlecry than a lullaby, and that's grace's lyrics.

the vajra coming out of the pipes and covering the sky reminded me so much of "Pitch Black" (the first Riddick movie). In fact, come to think of it, the vajra yellow lobsters do look similar to the monsters there. watch riddick much, shoji? hehe.

those 4 negative votes have been constant regardless of the episode, so whoever they are, it's more like they're hating the series altogether, rather than actually analyzing and judging each episode. seriously, i don't even know why they bother going to this forum (or this talkback thread, in particular) if that's their beef. <_<