Macross Frontier Episode 20 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 20  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! WHY!!?????)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I want everyone to DIE!! DIE!! DIE!!)

This coming from the man who completely forgot Misa when Klan entered his life and won't accept it despite everyone constantly reminding him.

Also, Klan isn't single, she came running to me after Michel's death, :p .

Meh, Miss Hayase cheated on Riber with me a few years ago XD

and we did a lot more than kiss XD XD XD

No, but in all seriousness...

Klan isn't single.

Klan is the grudge.

She doesn't forgive. She doesn't forget. :phear:

Edited by RF-26AAC

Also, Klan isn't single, she came running to me after Michel's death, :p .

And you're still alive to tell about it? (she was in Macronized form when he passed.)

I want to retract my earlier statement of how I think Michael really should've gone. bugnosebleed.gif

And you're still alive to tell about it? (she was in Macronized form when he passed.)

I want to retract my earlier statement of how I think Michael really should've gone. bugnosebleed.gif

I wouldn't mind being crushed to death in the busom of a 55 foot tall hottie with knockers the size of cars!~ bugnosebleed.gif

Though there's a different part of Macro-Klan's anatomy I'd like to explore... since I'm micronian :D :D :D

Edited by RF-26AAC

This coming from the man who completely forgot Misa when Klan entered his life and won't accept it despite everyone constantly reminding him.

At least Michael remembered the women who entered his life... :lol:

Who says I wasn't up to size specifications? I could be a Zentran or even just Macronized and none of you would know it.

It seems I sparked a chain reaction, what fun!

Michel's death is a means to advance the development of two largely shapeless blobs known as Alto and Luca. To bring him back negates the need for the plot and character development.

As a writer, I don't see the point of doing that literally. The best I could rationalize is absorption by the Borg... i mean... the Vajra Hive.

Michael: I am the Blancinator, a sophisticated Sex-Robot sent through time to change the future for one lucky lady.

Klan: And I am lucky lady?

Michael: Klan, you've been targeted for Blancination. Come with me if you want to live.

*Ref - American Pie 2

Oh Michel is dead, that's for sure. Preview in the next episode where micronized Klan hugging Michel's helmet pretty drew the conclusion and finality of Michel's death. I much preferred Luca to buy the farm. Hell half of the SMS staff (if not most) bit the dust. Then again, Michel was the new sempai. Still he shouldnt die. I have to figure out if I want to continue to watch this...

You and every sane person is being rickrolled. ;)

Do not use "logic" in anime. Michel Blanc IS ALIVEEEEEEE. B))

I kid you not, after watching, I went to sleep and I had a dream that night, a very vivid one...

Bilrer had actually cloned Michel and it was the clone that died.

Michel is Bilrer clone? <_< that's explain where he get the playboy characteristics. :lol:

an additional thought:

Ranka started to sing while in pain, vajra started to get more violent.

Ozma declares, "this is just like what happened to the 117th"

could it be possible...while ranka was a child, she was pissed off somehow and the vajra started destroying the 117th fleet. of course, the vajra left the little queen alive.

so... ranka was the cause of the 117th going bye-bye? :huh:

Well episode 20 was spectacular, brutal and heart wrenching. Poor Michel. Klan just eclipsed Ranka and Sheryl in this episode. Took me a while to realise but Klan really has that whole untouchable woman thing going for her like Rogue in X-men. Alto seems to come a bit into his own aswell, and Luca is starting to drive Lynn Kaifun from the top spot of my most disliked Macross character list.

Ranka and Sheryl are a bit like Rei and Asuka altough less extreme. Hope the ending will be a tad less extreme then NGE aswell. Not sure if this episode is a one-off in heavy drama or that it's the start of a grim final story arc of the series with a lot of major characters going down. I felt something had changed when that Varija gutted the sniper and then we saw execution of the president. The whole mood just grew a lot darker but only time will tell.

an additional thought:

could it be possible...while ranka was a child, she was pissed off somehow and the vajra started destroying the 117th fleet. of course, the vajra left the little queen alive.

that too, is what I was considering.

Although maybe it wasn't Ranka, but her mother? Or someone like Ranka?

So, we have no sub of 20 yet? :blink:

Only GG has so far it seems.

Checking the poll, the number negative votes is 10? That's more than the other episodes in this series. :blink:

I understand that this was the death of one the best supporting characters in the series. But I find it kinda suspicious that there more people disliking this particular episode than the rest.

Edited by Windrider

Checking the poll, the number negative votes is 10? That's more than the other episodes in this series. :blink:

I understand that this was the death of one the best supporting characters in the series. But I find it kinda suspicious that there more people disliking this particular episode than the rest.

Oh, I need to get it.....

And yea!!! People, you're not supposed to vote negative if it's SAD and positive if it's HAPPY! :lol: It's whether or not it was a GOOD EPISODE which it darn well was. :)

I find that rather strange, too. Especially since Michael didn'ty seem to be getting a whole lot of "BEST! CHARACTER! EVER!" posts from anyone before this episode...

I said early on in this thread that anyone voting negative on this episode is either crazy, stupid, or just an a**hole. Let me make an addition to that:

Anyone voting negative on this episode is either crazy, stupid, an a**hole, doesn't understand dramtic storytelling, or is too much of a Michael fanboy (or girl) for her (or his) own good.

"Repeat to yourself, 'It's just a show,

I should probably just relax.'" ^_^

Hey MisaForever, I don't mean to put you in the spot and I don't know if this has been brought up to you before, but if you had to choose between Misa and Klan which on would you pick??. :D

I would hope he'd pick Misa, unless he likes the thought of putting on a diver's suit and becoming a human dildo. :lol:

-Kyp

an additional thought:

dude... Ive been saying this for the last 2 weeks and nobody's bothered to read my posts!!!

So after a couple weeks of not watching, I finally caught up on Macross Frontier. Just watched episodes 18, 19, & 20 and the series is as good as ever if not better. A lot of things were laid down and I'm back into the Macross groove, I love it. The new intro and song are great, it fits the show now that all the characters are established. Can't wait to see the Battle Frontier transform and in action.

I was surprised and saddened to see Michel go, though he went out in style. I was hoping to see him and Klan tear up the Vajra like Max and Millia tore up the Zentradi in SDF:M and DYRL. Loved all the Monster love we've been getting the past couple episodes though I'm still waiting to see it in battroid mode.

well if somehow Michel DOES end up having "survived" which I think would cheapen his amazingly emotional death scene I hope they make such a surprise equally as bad@$$ and not just like "hey I'm alive check it!" hah.

well if somehow Michel DOES end up having "survived" which I think would cheapen his amazingly emotional death scene I hope they make such a surprise equally as bad@$$ and not just like "hey I'm alive check it!" hah.

Maybe at the start of episode 21, Klan will wake up and it will turn out that the last episode was just a dream...? :lol:

dude... Ive been saying this for the last 2 weeks and nobody's bothered to read my posts!!!

well, it if it's any consolation, i'm guessing that i thought of it because you made a point about the vajra being drawn to ranka, and how canaria should have figured it out. so hey, i've been reading your posts. ^_^

though i must admit i didn't notice your earlier post about the 117th. (i found it only now upon searching) but i think that post was focused more on the "ranka's empathy" angle, which is why i might have missed it. :)

they could pull a Gandalf