The Yamoto 1/60 v.2 Excitement Poll

sqidd

i'm only excited with the twin-seater issues.. as that's the only way for me to complete my mecha lineup..

even after getting hold of the new 1/60 roy, i wasn't really that much overwhelmed (in as far as difference from the 1/48 valks only) so as to come up with a decision to literally junk my 1/48s in favor of the new 1/60s..

I'm with a lot of other people here, I'm not one of those that must have the VF-1 in every scale, so I'm just gonna wait until something new comes up. I never got the previous 1/60 Ostrich or 1D or the Elintseeker, so I'll probably just get those and that'll be my lot.

(Of course I say that NOW... Back in the day I thought I only "needed" the Low-vis from the 1/48 line. Ended up getting four.)

My valk boner is at half mast right now due to the pics of the new VF-1D. Hopefully it's just a mockup because the canopy needs to be longer than the other valks' or it's just not a 1D. My valk chubby was seriously throbbing before I saw that though. At least my Hikky 1J woody is still rock hard.

i'm only excited with the twin-seater issues.. as that's the only way for me to complete my mecha lineup..

even after getting hold of the new 1/60 roy, i wasn't really that much overwhelmed (in as far as difference from the 1/48 valks only) so as to come up with a decision to literally junk my 1/48s in favor of the new 1/60s..

Ditto, but I didnt bother to buy roy.

Im pretty psyched. I like having everything the same scale, so having Zeroes, 51's, Valks, Destroids, 19's, 21's, 11's and Q-Raus all in the same scale appeals to me. And thats just so far!

So far, I'll be getting them all, but we'll see how that goes as further variations show up.

what does a minmay guard look like? were they canon?

Having never owned a 1/48, I'll be getting these new 1/60s with gusto :) besides, I plan to collect Macross and the 1/60 scale seems to be the standard hereon. I'll get at most a couple of non-canon VF-1's in 1/48, most likely the 1J Stealth or the 25th Anniv 1S but that's about it.

What about Macross Plus stuff? ;)

haha yup :lol: I started with the YF-21 :) I've been trying to get a YF-19 but these new VF-1's are keeping my wallet in the red line :lol: Once my credit card clears, I might eventually be able to get one but with the Bandai 1/60 VF-25's fast approaching...Oh, so many valks, so little money :(

haha yup :lol: I started with the YF-21 :) I've been trying to get a YF-19 but these new VF-1's are keeping my wallet in the red line :lol: Once my credit card clears, I might eventually be able to get one but with the Bandai 1/60 VF-25's fast approaching...Oh, so many valks, so little money :(

Ah yeah forgot you got the 21. Why i asked is that's a big reason to keep everything in scale. Plus Zero, Plus mac 7 (if that's ever going to happen) and of course yeah, Frontier. :wacko:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ah yeah forgot you got the 21. Why i asked is that's a big reason to keep everything in scale. Plus Zero, Plus mac 7 (if that's ever going to happen) and of course yeah, Frontier. :wacko:

Yup, my first valk was the YF-21 :)

Bandai holds the rights to the Mac 7 franchise afaik (come to think of it, Bandai holds the franchise of two of the three main series - 7 and Frontier) :) I'm guessing that if they do well with the DX VF-25's then we may see DX versions of 7 valks :lol: Imagine, VF-17s - and a VF-22 Max and Milia that will go well with my YF-21! Orgasmic :lol:

Yup, my first valk was the YF-21 :)

Bandai holds the rights to the Mac 7 franchise afaik (come to think of it, Bandai holds the franchise of two of the three main series - 7 and Frontier) :) I'm guessing that if they do well with the DX VF-25's then we may see DX versions of 7 valks :lol: Imagine, VF-17s - and a VF-22 Max and Milia that will go well with my YF-21! Orgasmic :lol:

Where did you get the YF-21 and How Much?

I can't figure out why I couldn't get the poll questions to work, oh well. Everyone got the point.

I was just curious where everyone stood.

At heart I am a completest and since I started collecting Macross toys last year I got one (or more) of everything except the Weathered Foker and the Low Vis GBP armor (I have a low vis 1 though :) ). Obviously I can pick up a set of Low vis GBP armor just about any time, but I am kinda PO'd about the limited release 1/48's. I wouldn't even be that sore about plopping down $500 on a Weathered Foker but now it looks like there are going to be two more limited edition 1/48's which will be even harder to get. That sucks, I want to give Yamato my money, hell I want to buy their whole line. But it doesn't even seem like I have a chance of getting all of the 1/48's even if I were to spend $1500+ (3@$500). Ok rant over about the limited issue releases, I just wanted to have them ALL.

I am very happy that I could care less about the 1/60 v2's though. They look great, and I would certainly like to have all of them but I don't have any desire to get into the 1/60's at all. It's kinda nice, I feel like I have been released from Yamato prison or something :)

I will be on the lookout for 1/60's in variations you can't get in 1/48 though. What are we talking about here though? 3 two seater models? I guess I can live with that.

I am very happy that I could care less about the 1/60 v2's though. They look great, and I would certainly like to have all of them but I don't have any desire to get into the 1/60's at all. It's kinda nice, I feel like I have been released from Yamato prison or something :)

I felt the same way you did. I didn't think that I would want to start my whole valk collection in the 1/60 scale. That was before I got my Roy today. I can't stop looking at and playing with it. Yeah, I'm actually playing with it. Everything on it is nice and tight and the missiles and pods don't fall off like the some of the 1/48s. Don't get me wrong. I still love my 1/48s and I'll never part with them. But this 1/60 Roy has opened up another dimension to my love of valks. Maybe you're better off not getting one. 'Cause if you do, I think that it'll be hard not to get hooked.

well i got one roy ver 2.. but didn't really feel the urge to get the next releases, except for the VF-1D though..

err.. does that make me abnormal?? nevertheless, i think my wallet/bank saving's safe for the next few month or so.. :wacko:

well i got one roy ver 2.. but didn't really feel the urge to get the next releases, except for the VF-1D though..

err.. does that make me abnormal?? nevertheless, i think my wallet/bank saving's safe for the next few month or so.. :wacko:

Good For you! :lol:

bought one last weekend but the damn ebay seller hasnt been replying my messages. my excitement kinda went down :(

plus im also busy playing with my new dslr cam so im not really excited with that toy right now

bought one last weekend but the damn ebay seller hasnt been replying my messages. my excitement kinda went down :(

plus im also busy playing with my new dslr cam so im not really excited with that toy right now

haha same thing happened when I got my first DSLR :D Toy collecting was so out of my mind for at least a couple of months :lol: most of my funds went to lenses :D

Edited by pochimus prime