Macross Frontier Mecha/Technology Thread III *Read 1st Post*

azrael

Doesn't even say that.

From what I can make out: "This is the view from the outside. The panel opens and closes for workers. On the reverse side of the armor..."

Close to what he said.

There are two kanji in there that are too blurry to read (anyone hear of legible scans???) Basically it means:

Leg/engine part

The part as seen from the outside (contains an illegible kanji, but this is what the rest of it says.) Opens and shuts by the actuator. The bottom is of the other side {inside} of the leg armour, and in the middle {center} of it is a distributed {illegible} type (of fuel) tank.

Gah! THe software be thinking that my square brackets are BB Code!?! :angry:

Edited by sketchley

Looks like just an access panel.

And >EXO<, that was hilarious.

reminds me of this:

r35_manual4.JPG

Hey i seen one of those today...Looks real nice but looks like a Nissan Super Z. But it was a nice piece of work.

Back on Subject...Above the Flap are those Micro Missile launchers?

anime52k8: Actually, the Chinese text said:

Incorrect modification

Illegal Modification

With a big, red cross over the car. In other words, the picture suggested that any cars with incorrect or illegal modification is not welcomed/allowed/recommended, depending how you interpret that cross. :)

The purpose of transformation has been nebulous at best since the first Macross. I tend to buy the notion that Attacker mode will allow the main cannon to traverse and hit targets faster, without moving the entire ship to do so. However, there would be many more efficient ways of doing so withouth changing your ship to look like a giant robot. In THEORY, Attacker mode would allow more weapons to be trained on a given target due to increased cross sectional area presented to the enemy; this may have some tactical value, but again I think there would be better ways to do this than transfoming a ship. Honestly, the REAL reason is and remains that IT JUST LOOKS COOL.

Now, if only someone could explain the use of five-fingered HANDS on the Big Mac and Quarter Pounder? Are there really big buttons or keyboards out there to justify them? What use are enormous opposable thumbs when there's nothing that big to really pick up and hold precisely?

Mark

Well, the gun on the big Mac is its own separate ship, so basically it's a gun pod, and apparently the only way to operate any gun pod in macross is through the use of fingers.

as for the transformation, I've always liked to believe that they retained the transformation because NUNS tactical doctrine dictates that if using the main cannon isn't an option and other weapons systems are ineffective, then the macross is to transform to storm attacker mode, move in and beat the crap out of the enemies’ capital ships

(Admittedly there's absolutely no reason to believe this, but it would be pretty awesome to see the Big Mac Falcon Punch a Vajra Carrier. :lol: )

Well, the gun on the big Mac is its own separate ship, so basically it's a gun pod, and apparently the only way to operate any gun pod in macross is through the use of fingers.

as for the transformation, I've always liked to believe that they retained the transformation because NUNS tactical doctrine dictates that if using the main cannon isn't an option and other weapons systems are ineffective, then the macross is to transform to storm attacker mode, move in and beat the crap out of the enemies’ capital ships

(Admittedly there's absolutely no reason to believe this, but it would be pretty awesome to see the Big Mac Falcon Punch a Vajra Carrier. :lol: )

You forgot the legendary Daedalus Attack, in case of NMC, it could perform Mega PPB Punch. Or maybe Battle Frontier will surprise us by pulling an oversize PPB sword with Admiral Perry/Perio/Helio screaming "I am Frontier, BATTLE FRONTIER! The Sword That Cleaves Evil!" :lol:

You forgot the legendary Daedalus Attack, in case of NMC, it could perform Mega PPB Punch. Or maybe Battle Frontier will surprise us by pulling an oversize PPB sword with Admiral Perry/Perio/Helio screaming "I am Frontier, BATTLE FRONTIER! The Sword That Cleaves Evil!" :lol:

ok, let me refrase that, there's no evidence that the new macross class ships are designed with Daedalus style attacks in mind. but it would be cool if it was.

and a PPB sword would be great. ^_^

Edited by anime52k8

Now that we're close to the end. How do the dogfights compare to what we've seen in DYRL, Plus, or Zero?

As you all know Ichiro Itano was not involved with Frontier. Do you think they're saving the best for last?

tll you the truth, best dogfights so far are from Zero, you get to actually see the two struggling to get each other, on Frontier is mostly, I shoot, you die... or pretty exhaust color trail making shapes of hearts... still, Frontier action is kickass and better than most animes...haahaa I was so worried of getting the Gundam cool pose, black screen with slash, explosion, cool pose syndrome, hahahaha

tll you the truth, best dogfights so far are from Zero, you get to actually see the two struggling to get each other, on Frontier is mostly, I shoot, you die... or pretty exhaust color trail making shapes of hearts... still, Frontier action is kickass and better than most animes...haahaa I was so worried of getting the Gundam cool pose, black screen with slash, explosion, cool pose syndrome, hahahaha

Well Alto has been known to do a kabuki pose with his Valkyrie.

If Galaxy does show up we may see Capt. Wilen's bird as CF Valkyrie.

Well Alto has been known to do a kabuki pose with his Valkyrie.

If Galaxy does show up we may see Capt. Wilen's bird as CF Valkyrie.

I believe that, since Brera is now Grace's zombie pet... A final Zero style duel between him and Alto is a must now... ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I believe that, since Brera is now Grace's zombie pet... A final Zero style duel between him and Alto is a must now... ^_^

Don't you mean a Zero Style duel between Alto-Ozma Combo and Grace-Brera Combo? ^_^

But anyways....is'nt anybody raging at all that in this episode we did'nt see any VF-25? :blink: Hope Alto wreaks that VF-171EX of his so he can go back to the VF-25F with Armored Pack as seen in the OP. ^_^

Don't you mean a Zero Style duel between Alto-Ozma Combo and Grace-Brera Combo? ^_^

But anyways....is'nt anybody raging at all that in this episode we did'nt see any VF-25? :blink: Hope Alto wreaks that VF-171EX of his so he can go back to the VF-25F with Armored Pack as seen in the OP. ^_^

I believe we may see Alto using the VF-171 EX next episode (Which judging by the previews is going to have the initial part of the final battle in it). Perhaps by Episode's 24 end his EX valk is destroyed or damaged... but Alto is saved by Ozma (who just arrives by the end of the Episode with the rest of the SMS desertors). Then on the Final Episode we may see Ozma and Alto in their trademark VF-25s dogfighting vs Grace and Brera in the VF-27s...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

To whoever that called that the missile launchers on the VF-171EX can fire both forward and rearwards, he was right. It was shown in the ep preview of ep 23 when Alto fired missiles in battroid form and missiles came out from the forward and rearward ports of the missile rack.

To whoever that called that the missile launchers on the VF-171EX can fire both forward and rearwards, he was right. It was shown in the ep preview of ep 23 when Alto fired missiles in battroid form and missiles came out from the forward and rearward ports of the missile rack.

Told ya :p

FV

Here are some pics then. :p

snapshot20080914193413zm2.th.jpg

snapshot20080914193448rc8.th.jpg

BTW....did anybody get the feeling that the missles fired above seem to be mini-DE missles? :blink:

No. Too small, given the size of the other two dimension eater devices that we've seen so far.

Err... Weren't the micromissiles fired by Alto's VF-25 at the begining of Episode 22 MDEs? Their explosions emitted some kind of purple-pinkish light when they destroyed the Vajra if I remember correctly... :huh:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

No. Too small, given the size of the other two dimension eater devices that we've seen so far.

MDE = Mini Dimension Eater.

FV

snapshot20080914193413zm2.th.jpg

snapshot20080914193448rc8.th.jpg

Before this two clips I posted above there was this screenshot on the preview as well:

mdexp0.th.jpg

MDE Explosions? :ph34r:

Maybe the MDEs only have a small blast radius? Just enough to engulf part or the whole Red Lobster.

Edited by grss1982

That's early production footage that appeared at a concert. Either the colours for Alto's fighter changed between then and the first episode, or the image quality just did not provide accurate colours. That colour scheme did not actually appear in any episode of the series, unless I'm mistaken.

Well that scene probably did make it into the show, but as Ozma's VF-25 with armored packs. Looks just like the transformation sequence in the asteroid field while he's hunting the red lobster.

Or... Sheryl will get a VF-25. ;) (joking)