Macross Ace Frontier for the PSP.

Still playing through the M7 missions. Haven't tried any other eras yet.

Maxed out the VF-17D and currently tuning up the VF-17S.

I guess my reflexes must really be slowing down with age. As for most missions the best ranking I can get is an 'A' and I only have one 'S' so far. No SS at all. :(

Graham

Still playing through the M7 missions. Haven't tried any other eras yet.

Maxed out the VF-17D and currently tuning up the VF-17S.

I guess my reflexes must really be slowing down with age. As for most missions the best ranking I can get is an 'A' and I only have one 'S' so far. No SS at all. :(

Graham

Don't feel bad, if this was a GB game, you'd be getting S or SS for most levels that you get an A, sometimes a B on. This game has some weird score requirements that I hope they leave out for any sequels. And most of my S and SS come from the YF-21 trick.

I'm new to the PSP, but I gotta say the placement of the power button really sucks. About three times now during frantic gameplay, the palm of my right hand has accidently powered off the system.

Graham

Hmmm funny. I never got that problem. If you think that was bad, the wireless on/off button used to be where your left palm was in the PSP1000s and many a time ppl get disconnected during the heat of multiplayer. :lol:

And don't worry on getting S and SS on the 1st try. Most are impossible until you unlocked a better mech b the end of the era.

Just complete the missions. S and SS are for perfectionists (like me) who come back later with better pilots and mecha to get the S and SS scores. Most ppl dont bother. XD

Hmmm funny. I never got that problem. If you think that was bad, the wireless on/off button used to be where your left palm was in the PSP1000s and many a time ppl get disconnected during the heat of multiplayer. :lol:

And don't worry on getting S and SS on the 1st try. Most are impossible until you unlocked a better mech b the end of the era.

Just complete the missions. S and SS are for perfectionists (like me) who come back later with better pilots and mecha to get the S and SS scores. Most ppl dont bother. XD

I use a psp 1000 and I haven't had the problem with turning the wifi off. I only have issues with bumping it on and not realizing it. And at least the psp only "sleeps" when you bump the power button. Thankfully you have to hold it for several seconds to actually cut it off.

Graham

Nah, just select targets faster and use the gun a bit more along with the ol' barrage of missiles.

Ordered this game and waiting.

How many of you got the VF-0?

I like to verify, is it only available to use on a extra mission stage?

Nice to meet you all ^^;

I've been a uncommon lurker before signing up. X3

Ordered this game and waiting.

How many of you got the VF-0?

I like to verify, is it only available to use on a extra mission stage?

Nice to meet you all ^^;

I've been a uncommon lurker before signing up. X3

You can use it in any stage, but it's unlocked from an extra mission stage

Well, it has better screen which could make a big difference when playing games

Nope, the screen is pretty decent already. It might be some nicer, but all it really sports is a brighter screen, but again, I have had zero problems with mine on the brightest setting.

Also, if nobody else posts one, I'll throw up my save file once I unlock everything. Might be a week or two though.

Edited by protostar8

If you mean gnerl (green, big blue cockpit, not much more than said cockpit with thrusters and a gun on the front), then no.

Yeah that's the one! And Damn! :-/

It is rumored that the screen colour space/clarity can be tweaked by software.

Just unlocked SV-51 Nora, damn she has those nukes! :D

Oh yeah!!!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Picked up the game yesterday and must say it got me hooked playing games again, just like the good old days of the PS2 Macross DYRL game!

I will also trade in my PSP ver. 1 with the latest, newly released PSP ver. 3 today; will give you guys a review on it, whether it is worth trading in/buying or not!

Any suggestions on Skull Leader Forever EX mission? Miryia kills me every time in the second part fairly quickly and Max's special sucks.

I managed to beat it somehow by using Max's default pilot skill to stop time (press square and cross when all six SP gauges are full), get close and spam her with Max's rapid missiles and gunpod until time starts moving again.

If she isn't dead by that, run like hell and just try to snipe with the gunpod or missle spam her and her cronies.

The best I can manage to get is a B on that stage as the second part is really difficult. If anyone has better ideas on how to quickly and efficiently kill her, I'm all ears.

Edited by sdf2501

Any suggestions on Skull Leader Forever EX mission? Miryia kills me every time in the second part fairly quickly and Max's special sucks.

I had problems with it too. Its actually quite simple. Start of mission, special dash (L + x) towards Miria, then do Max World (x + square). It will stop time. Melee Miria till she dies and you should have more than enuff time before the time stop ends. Her wingman is easy cake after that. ;)

Dammit? i won't be playing till end of the month. :(

btw how's breetai guys??? :D

In a word, Fabulous. :lol: He launches his soldiers as missiles and he throws his metal pipe as a projectile which also can be used as a melee weapon. :lol:

I have not mentioned but another glaring proof that the game feels half finished, the bosses don't have voices but their portraits appear to be talking when their lives are low. IE: Geppelnitch, Bodolza, etc.

Just one more to unlock (think it's 7 era), then I'll have a complete set. I've gotten S/SS on all but the most vaguely goaled & super challenging levels, so hopefully it won't be too much longer before I have hte stat limiter gone.

The more I play this game, the more I love it, I wasn't sure how it would stack against GBU, but I think I'm staritng to like it more. There's also so much extra potential for the sequel.

-Post refit Macross

-VT-1

-VE-1

-VEFR Funny Chinese

-Cheyenne

-HWR-00-Mk.I Monster

-VF-0A

-VF-0A with Ghost Booster

-VF-0D

-AFOS

-Rogue Power Armor from Plus

-VB-6 Konig Monster

-VA-3

-VF-9

-VF-14

-VF-4

-VT-1C

-VF-22S (Gamlin Colors)

-YF-19 w/Fast Pack

-YF-21 w/Fast Pack

-VF-19F

-VF-19S

-VF-19F w/Fast Pack

-VF-17 w/Fast Pack

-VF-17 Kai

-VF-19P

-VF-11C Armored

-VF-11D Jamming Birds

-VF-1 Angel Birds

-Any Varuta mecha they may have missed

-Netter Valgo

-Ghost X-9

-QF3000 Ghost

-Quadran Rau Emilia Custom

-Quadran Rau Chlore Custom

-VF-25G Sound Booster 2 seater varient

-VF-25F/G/S w/ Fast Packs

-Armored VF-25 F/S

-VF-2JA

-VF-2SS

-VF-XX Zentradi Valkyrie

-Metal Siren

-Variouis Macross II Destroids

-Weird Macross II Battle Pod, Gilgamesh, etc

-Macross Cannon ship

-Battle 7

-Gigil

-Sivil (and why not rhe rest of the Protodevelin)

-Hikaru's Bicycle

-Hikaru's Fan Racer

-Focker's Dragon II

-Minmay's Fanliner

-Battle Galaxy

And damnit, why not the Orguss Valkyrie too!

I was travelling home on the train last night after having a few drinks with one of our suppliers who is visiting from Sweden. I pulled out my PSP and started playing MAF to pass the half hour train journey.

The next station, the doors open and this youngish Chinese guy (in his 20s' I guess), boards the train and sits down next to me on the left. He also takes out his PSP, turns it on and starts playing.

I glance over and down to check out what he's plaing and it's also MAF!

He was playing Frontier era using the VF-25F, while I was playing M7 era using the VF-17S. Pretty cool to actually find somebody else playing MAF.

I probably should have asked him if he wanted to try a game together, but felt a bit weird at asking a total stranger. Anyway, he got of the train a couple of stops later.

Graham

This is why I bought my brother a copy of the game, I can go vs pretty much anytime. Though from what I hear, the upcoming PS3 firmware upgrade should allow it to work as an adhoc hub for just about any wifi PSP game, which will make it even easier to set up a MW vs.

I have also bumped into a few people on the train playing the MAF. It has a strong fan following as it plays almost like those Gundam battle games, just much better!

Most of the Hong Kong PSP gamers download the crack to play and I always wonder whether team play is still possible, anyone know?

I had problems with it too. Its actually quite simple. Start of mission, special dash (L + x) towards Miria, then do Max World (x + square). It will stop time. Melee Miria till she dies and you should have more than enuff time before the time stop ends. Her wingman is easy cake after that. ;)

In a word, Fabulous. :lol: He launches his soldiers as missiles and he throws his metal pipe as a projectile which also can be used as a melee weapon. :lol:

I have not mentioned but another glaring proof that the game feels half finished, the bosses don't have voices but their portraits appear to be talking when their lives are low. IE: Geppelnitch, Bodolza, etc.

Wooo, fabulous! Poor dumb Zentran get turned into frisbees huh rofl!

Quite enjoying the game. Playing the VF-17D. A bit disappointed that the designers made the same mistake as with VF-X2 in that they made the VF-17's gunpod a beam weapon, insted of a 7 barreled 30mm.

:rolleyes:

Designers don't make that call, it would be the IP holders. That's the problem with licensed games generally; too many cooks!