Macross Ace Frontier for the PSP.

And something else weird. I have S rank or higher on ALL levels, but in my VF list under the Record section. I still have a question mark on one fighter. It is below the FZ-109F, to the left of the VF-171, and above the VF-171EX. Any idea what this is or how to unlock it? I've also yet to unlock the Vajra Queen...

I'm guessing its that protodeviln guy's strange plane which name is too long to remember.

And something else weird. I have S rank or higher on ALL levels, but in my VF list under the Record section. I still have a question mark on one fighter. It is below the FZ-109F, to the left of the VF-171, and above the VF-171EX. Any idea what this is or how to unlock it? I've also yet to unlock the Vajra Queen...

I'm missing that one too. I think it's Gepernitch. Not sure how to unlock him.

I have a question mark between the Queadluun-Rea the RVF-25. That should be the VF-27. I also have a question mark between Klan's Queadluun-Rea and the Small Vajra that should be Battle Frontier. Those are the only three I'm missing, but I don't have the Vajra queen. Keith, where's it on your list?

Anyone think the extra levels that are "password" protected will have super secret fighters to unlock? I know it's doubtful, but has anyone read any cheater spoilers to see if the extra levels offer anything extra as a prize?

Edited by protostar8

To unlock the VF-27 & Battle Frontier, you have to finish the EX version of Sad Sniper. the first time I cleared the stage I got a C, but that was enough to unlock both. I think you have to get an S on it to get Brera though. Unfortunately, highest I've been able to get so far is a B, right now I've got the VF-25G nearly maxed out on stats, and I'm levelling up MIchel to see if either the chaff or Max World pilot skill will make it easier.

I'll have to play with the VF-25 meelee's more htough, as I didn't notice the knife.

As for the Vajra Queen when you go into network or free play, change the top option so that the 3 listed below it go blank, then switch the one that says "limit" to "on" then hit ok. This will take you to the co-op missions with all your tune points intact. Pretty sure you have to S all of those to get something extra too, but so far I've gotten all but a couple of the pilot misions, and Bodollza up to S. One of them is a straight fight against the Vajra Queen, and I'm pretty sure S-that one is what unlocked her. Though like I said, so far she's only in the mecha gallery. Note, amongst all the insanely difficult pilot missions, there's one against Kakizaki whichi is super easy for comedic value :)

Anyone think the extra levels that are "password" protected will have super secret fighters to unlock? I know it's doubtful, but has anyone read any cheater spoilers to see if the extra levels offer anything extra as a prize?

I've heard rumor that's how you unlock Geplenitch, but we'll see. I also wonder about Minmay. I know you can unlock Misa (not sure if it's just as an operator, or what) if you get all 3 operators with maxed out hearts (working on the 3rd now), but I wonder if you max out all the pilots if you get something special.

I've only unlocked 1 pilot and that's Max in M7's storyline which bums me out seeing how I'm at the final stage.

I also unlocked the VF-22 and got a nice color choice with grey as the main and red trim, it actually looks pretty bad ass to me.

Red's always been my color choice.

GO TO"

options, gallery, replay (yes) then it plays the mission youll have controls to view it from different views,angles,stop and take the pic's like the ones above^^

I've taken some pics, but can't find how to access them... so how do you save and/or access the pic's you've taken?

I've only unlocked 1 pilot and that's Max in M7's storyline which bums me out seeing how I'm at the final stage.

I also unlocked the VF-22 and got a nice color choice with grey as the main and red trim, it actually looks pretty bad ass to me.

Red's always been my color choice.

Mainly, I unlocked pilots via S ranks.

Found another CG model error.

The VF-22 only has one gunpod on the underside instead of 2.

Still I love the gunpod on the VF-22. While it's only burst fire, not full auto, it seems pretty accurate and powerful and has a nice sound as well.

Graham

noticed that as well.

I'm playing Frontier now, I beat plus which to me was far to easy...I just about topped out tuning my 19 when I went to the final stage.

I love the VF-25......that is just soooooo nice to take the controls of tha baby.

So, the battroid VF-22 totes 2 gunpods(in game)? and the fighter mode only shows 1? In centre or just left or right port?

No, the VF-22 battroid only has one gunpod. But to be anime accurate, the VF-22 should sport two gunpods on the belly plates. Instead in MAF it only has one gunpod mounted on the right belly plate (IIRC).

Graham

Found another CG model error.

The VF-22 only has one gunpod on the underside instead of 2.

Still I love the gunpod on the VF-22. While it's only burst fire, not full auto, it seems pretty accurate and powerful and has a nice sound as well.

Graham

No, the VF-22 battroid only has one gunpod. But to be anime accurate, the VF-22 should sport two gunpods on the belly plates. Instead in MAF it only has one gunpod mounted on the right belly plate (IIRC).

Graham

The VF-22 Miria has 1 gunpod on both fighter and battroid whereas the VF-22 Max has 2 gunpods for fighter but only 1 for Battroid (odd). Gerwalk they both have 1 gunpod. Its not CG model error and more for "variant difference" since you do see two streams of fire for Max but only 1 for Miria.

The YF-21 has two gunpods for all modes which makes it more awesome and double the firepower.

Graham

Ok thanks for that, it's not as bad as toting 2 gunpods and only one showing in fighter mode, that's what i was thinking.

Pretty sad we don't get FP's for the 21 and 19, MAF 2 will have to have them, sure as hell will make me want to buy the game!

@ WolfX sweet! I'm afraid my love of the YF-21 will stop me from using the other fighters as much. haha :lol:

Cool that they varied the 21/22's around.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I have Luca, but no Brera, and everything is an S except for the Ex of Sad Sniper. I'm almost done levelling up Michel though, so I should have it soon. I've also maxed out the Macross along with Frontier. They went all out with Capitol ship awesomness in this game. Way more useful than the clunky mobile armor's of the GB games. Firing the Macross Cannon on both ships is my new favorite thing :)

I have Luca, but no Brera, and everything is an S except for the Ex of Sad Sniper. I'm almost done levelling up Michel though, so I should have it soon. I've also maxed out the Macross along with Frontier. They went all out with Capitol ship awesomness in this game. Way more useful than the clunky mobile armor's of the GB games. Firing the Macross Cannon on both ships is my new favorite thing :)

I prefer to Daedalus attack. :D

It has the mechanical moving sound too. XD

I think i have an S on Sad Sniper because i have Brera. I didn't use Chaff or anything special.

The VF-22 Miria has 1 gunpod on both fighter and battroid whereas the VF-22 Max has 2 gunpods for fighter but only 1 for Battroid (odd). Gerwalk they both have 1 gunpod. Its not CG model error and more for "variant difference" since you do see two streams of fire for Max but only 1 for Miria.

The YF-21 has two gunpods for all modes which makes it more awesome and double the firepower.

Ah, I see. I only have the Miria VF-22, don't have the Max version yet.

Graham

Yeah both Macross's are pretty awesome once you up their speed. The SDF-1 is fairly odd because it's a mix between TV and Movie versions from what I can tell. It has the Movie body and color scheme but the TV arms. Also i have to give these guys some credit, they though out a way to almost perfectly portray Basara in his Fire Valk. Start up a song and shoot a few enemies with speaker pods and just watch their health drain.

Yeah both Macross's are pretty awesome once you up their speed. The SDF-1 is fairly odd because it's a mix between TV and Movie versions from what I can tell. It has the Movie body and color scheme but the TV arms. Also i have to give these guys some credit, they though out a way to almost perfectly portray Basara in his Fire Valk. Start up a song and shoot a few enemies with speaker pods and just watch their health drain.

And since you're a military pilot, he's annoying as hell, just like in the series! Hahahaha!

Also i have to give these guys some credit, they though out a way to almost perfectly portray Basara in his Fire Valk. Start up a song and shoot a few enemies with speaker pods and just watch their health drain.

Just like in real life! (I kid, I kid)

Got my main character's stats all to 99, something unlocked, but I'll be damned if I can tell what. Also maxed out the Monster, and it's funny as all hell watching other mecha get boxed around by it.

Any tips against the Ex mission "song of the devil"? I keep getting gulded by Macross City! Virtually no scratch with the drones and the Ghost X-9; when the final Macross section needs to be destroyed, I keep getting hit by a lone missile or the barrage.

How does the dodge mechanic really work (might help in PVP adhoc sessions too)? When you see the alert... Do you press double d-pad to any direction or towards the alert signal or something else?

Edited by runab0ut

Any tips against the Ex mission "song of the devil"? I keep getting gulded by Macross City! Virtually no scratch with the drones and the Ghost X-9; when the final Macross section needs to be destroyed, I keep getting hit by a lone missile or the barrage.

How does the dodge mechanic really work (might help in PVP adhoc sessions too)? When you see the alert... Do you press double d-pad to any direction or towards the alert signal or something else?

I had problems with that stage until i discovered the secret. Use Gerwalk mode and stay semi close to Macross city. The missiles' accuracy drops drastically if you do this and they become less likely to hit you. Good luck. ;)

I had problems with that stage until i discovered the secret. Use Gerwalk mode and stay semi close to Macross city. The missiles' accuracy drops drastically if you do this and they become less likely to hit you. Good luck. ;)

Yeah, that's how I beat this too. Also, I used the gun pod a lot at that close range to do massive damage very quickly (even un-upgraded the gun is great).

Really love playing the Fz-109, although the mission where you have to beat both Max & MIllia in their VF-22s is pretty tough.

BTW, does anybody know if some skills are on all the time, or do they only activate when you press X & Square.

Graham

Really love playing the Fz-109, although the mission where you have to beat both Max & MIllia in their VF-22s is pretty tough.

BTW, does anybody know if some skills are on all the time, or do they only activate when you press X & Square.

Graham

Some skills are passive and don't require activating. IE: Boost 3 times, increased melee damage, etc.

Can someone confirm this? Some sites listed Battle Galaxy can be unlocked, is it true or we only have SDF-1 and Battle Frontier for the titan mech on this game?