Macross Ace Frontier for the PSP.

Tonight I finally achieved all characters with maxed out hearts, and as expected, unlocked absolutely nothing for doing so....hopefully the stats will at least carry over to the next game. Next, I think I'll try to unlock all the pilot skills for all characters, and if I'm lucky, max out their regular stats at the same time.

Question : How do you start a multiplayer/quick battle game(I know how to get there) where you can only have "standard" valks. I wanna play against my friends but all the valks are almost maxed out and i dont want to sit and "de-grade" them to make them standard all the time...can this be done?

It should be one of the ooptions on the first screen (the one where you select between vs & co-op), I forget which though. It really doesn't take that long to downgrade stats though, the bottom option (right below paint scheme) in the mecha menu lets you revert to stock stats (you keep your tune points though, so don't worry).

Oh great masters of MAF, I need your advice once again.

I've got S or SS in every Mac Plus regular stage now except the one called 'After Dark, Torch Song' (Oor something like that).

It's the two-part stage where you start in space, kill lots of VF-1A and some VF-11 and then the second part has you fighting Guld and Isamu in the clouds.

I can take out all the cannon fodder in the first part really easily and quickly and then also take out both Isamu in his YF-19 and Guld in his YF-21 quickly, especially if I'm using the special attack of the YF-21, but I still can't get higher than B.

Is there some special trick or condition of this stage?

Am I supposed to be keeping one of them alive or something instead of killing them............confused?

Graham

What I did was get what ever score I had for that, went to complete Frontier while sticking to the VF-25G.

After completing all the Era's and having to be able to select any VFs for any stage.

I went back to the stage " 'After Dark, Torch Song' (or something like that) ".

Select VF-25G (also, Max tune it ^^)

First part (space), Kill off the fodders. (your SP gauge will fill up in the process).

For the second part (sky/clouds), both Isamu, Guld will clash, I don't know if you notice, they fly into each other in the beginning. (Happens in my game anyway).

Thrust/lurch forward in plane mode and transform into Battroid mode with timing.

By the time they clash together, use VF-25G's SP and neutralise the threat in one shot. I got a S/SS this way.

Might take a couple of attempts to get it right or sheer luck.

Edited by Savvi

Hey I have quick question for the owners of this game. Is it any good? I mean are the controls smooth and intuitive? No doubt the sheer number of valkyries available is a plus, but if the gameplay sucks ...... its a game after all ^_^

I foundi t pretty fun, everything controls as it should, and if there's any shortcoming, its that there aren't as many missions as there could be, but then this is only the first game in (hopefully) the series. If you've played any of the Gundam Battle games, it's much smoother & more fluid than those. After going back to play Battle Universe the other day, I've come to the conclusion that despite the lack of energy weapons, Valkyries will top a mobile suit in sheer speed & agility any day. Even the fully tuned Hi-Nu feels like a slow tanker after flying any given fully tuned Valkyrie.

Edited by Keith

Sorry if this was answered in a past post, but how do you unlock the feature to be able to play as any of the Valkyries in any of the missions?

S/SS on all regular & enemy (non EX) missions for all era's.

I foundi t pretty fun, everything controls as it should, and if there's any shortcoming, its that there aren't as many missions as there could be, but then this is only the first game in (hopefully) the series. If you've played any of the Gundam Battle games, it's much smoother & more fluid than those. After going back to play Battle Universe the other day, I've come to the conclusion that despite the lack of energy weapons, Valkyries will top a mobile suit in sheer speed & agility any day. Even the fully tuned Hi-Nu feels like a slow tanker after flying any given fully tuned Valkyrie.

Thanks Keith, torrenting the game now ^_^.

What I did was get what ever score I had for that, went to complete Frontier while sticking to the VF-25G.

After completing all the Era's and having to be able to select any VFs for any stage.

I went back to the stage " 'After Dark, Torch Song' (or something like that) ".

Select VF-25G (also, Max tune it ^^)

First part (space), Kill off the fodders. (your SP gauge will fill up in the process).

For the second part (sky/clouds), both Isamu, Guld will clash, I don't know if you notice, they fly into each other in the beginning. (Happens in my game anyway).

Thrust/lurch forward in plane mode and transform into Battroid mode with timing.

By the time they clash together, use VF-25G's SP and neutralise the threat in one shot. I got a S/SS this way.

Might take a couple of attempts to get it right or sheer luck.

Yay, finally got SS on the ‘After, In The Dark, Torch Song’ stage.

I tried David’s suggestion of using melee attacks first, but it didn’t work, still only got a B rank. I wiped out all the cannon fodder VF-11B and VF-1A using melee attacks, but couldn’t get close enough to Isamu & Guld to kill them with melee.

Next I tried a modified version of Savvi’s advice. I quickly wiped out all the cannon fodder VF-11B and VF-1A with gunpod and missile fire from my YF-21. Then when Guld and Isamu appear, I boosted towards them and as they clash together, I did the YF-21’s special attack and wiped them both out at once as they were so close together.

Graham

Just wondering if anybody bothers using the Pin Point Barriers on the YF-21/VF-22?

They seem utterly useless, at least in untuned form, as the duration is so short.

I haven’t bothered to tune them up, as I haven’t unlocked the tuning limiter yet and would rather use my tune points to boost missiles, guns and the VF stats instead.

Graham

Just wondering if anybody bothers using the Pin Point Barriers on the YF-21/VF-22?

They seem utterly useless, at least in untuned form, as the duration is so short.

I haven’t bothered to tune them up, as I haven’t unlocked the tuning limiter yet and would rather use my tune points to boost missiles, guns and the VF stats instead.

Graham

PPBs are not duration based. They are permanent, as long as you don't get hit. You can tune the reload rate (the time it takes to deploy another fresh PPB) and how much hit points it can take. They're extremely useful especially to get the extra bonus points for the pristine condition of your valkyrie.

So does the PPB disappear after one hit, or does the number of hits it can stop depends on how much it's tuned

Graham

It depends on how much its tuned, and how hard you were hit. When you activate it, a little yellow meter pops up at the bottom of your HP guage, that shows how much PPB you have left.

It depends on how much its tuned, and how hard you were hit. When you activate it, a little yellow meter pops up at the bottom of your HP guage, that shows how much PPB you have left.

Its actually extremely useful, as it effectively gives you 30%+ more hp per recharge. For the EX ver of 'after, in the dark' and the macross 7 EX mission, you'll love it a lot as it is usually the only thing that helps you complete the damn missions.

Its actually extremely useful, as it effectively gives you 30%+ more hp per recharge. For the EX ver of 'after, in the dark' and the macross 7 EX mission, you'll love it a lot as it is usually the only thing that helps you complete the damn missions.

Heh, yeah, I still haven't completed the Ex mission of 'After, in the dark'. I'll try it with the YF-21 using PPB.

Graham

Oh, there's actually a thread on this game!

I got Ace Frontier as soon as it came out. Haven't played it for a few weeks now, but I've S-ranked every single mission and unlocked every pilot, mech, and skill. (Max World FTW!)

If you can read Japanese, there's a wiki that tells you how to unlock everything:

Mecha: http://www1.atwiki.jp/macrossaf/pages/12.html

Characters: http://www1.atwiki.jp/macrossaf/pages/15.html

And before anyone asks, no, you CANNOT use the Ghost X-9 (it is mentioned on the page as "unusable")

Back on topic: If you have fully tuned your PPB, it's always worth it to pop it before going into a fight. Once it's fully tuned reload time and shield strength will be strong enough to get you through most any mission unharmed. However, eventually you will unlock machines that are so fast and powerful that you won't need a PPB. For me, the best machines are Roy's VF-1S(S) and the VF-27. It is much easier to unlock the first machine though, so that got me through the game until I got the 27.

Btw, tuning is completely nullified in EX missions, so you have to rely on your pilot's stats and unlockable skills, hence the unfortunate grinding that I had to go through with Mikhail in order to beat the Frontier EX mission "Friendly Fire." (I think the English title was Sad Sniper)

Edited by mewarmo990

Had another free for all mecha brawl the other day. The YF21 gets really annoying... oh wait, a MAJOR ANNOYANCE.

3 players (including me), knows it's too darn cheesy and overpowered, and uses other valks. But the dude... just keeps waiting for the SP bar to fill up and "gulded" us in one fell swoop with a 38 kills to 5 deaths for the whole 10min round. Not fun.

Hope in the sequel (if they actually make one)... devs, FIX the ability!

Edited by runab0ut

I didn't max out the YF-21s. Gonna try though XD

I maxing out the SV-51s though haha.

One Ex mission I cannot get higher than a 'C' is Sad Sniper.

The 3rd wave of Bajura's (Vajura's) keep lowering my HP a lot and 80% of the time Raep (kill) me and Alto. lol

Achieving a S rank unlocks Brera?

Sooooo upload the totally unlocked save for us, please! :)

If you really want a character named Keith in kana with fully unlocked stats & maxed out hearts, here you go :)

BTW, the pilots aren't maxed out at 100% yet, nor do all have all their pilot skills yet, i've taken a break to play Gundam Vs Gundam

ULJS00158000.zip