Macross Ace Frontier for the PSP.

First song is Totsugeki Love Heart, and the Second song is Holy Lonely Light, duh!

I love the SP with Speaker Pod Gamma & Try Again!

LOL not song names, I mean, same HP sucking shtick? What each actually do? I don't see/feel a difference with any of the songs active in combat.

As far as I can tell, the crowns just represent the top 3 spots, the reason they're probably fluctuating is because you're still raising up their hearts. Right now I've only got 12 (maybe 13 after gepelnitch unlocks) pilots to raise to max hearts, then who knows what if anything will happen.

As for the songs, don't think there's anything different in what they do, just a musical preference.

Well that cant be it you see the crown symbol is blank for two of the top three even with all three of them having the hearts maxed out as is the case with my file the number 1 slot is my wingman the purpled hair original cahracter the number 2 the burnette original character operator who has the crown and my number 3 is the blonde original character operator. I have noticed that only female characters seem to get the crown and only one at a time, you can tell who has it as the character with it has their crown spot filled in with a white crown. It seems to fluctuate between my blonde and burnette opertors.

Definately strange. I picked the non-goateed main original character, and right now the #1 slot is held by the purple haired co-pilot, #2 slot is held by the Ruth Buzi haired male operator, and #3 slot is held by the Brunette operator, even though I've used the Blonde more.

After I got home from work, I played a bit more. After playing one co-op mission, Gepelnitch finally unlocked, comfirming as the last slot in both mecha & pilot. I don't have all the co-op missions S'd, but apparently playing one after the last password mission is enough (assuming all the co-op missions only have to have a complete status). Now mission & item are at 100%.

I can't help but think about the Minmay icon available in the card options. I wonder if she'll unlock as a pilot with all pilots having max hearts. I'm just a little over half way towards finding out.

I'm curious about the passwords.

Who supplies the passwords? I haven't yet located any form of passwords in the game ._o

Anyways, I've been trying on Ex Sad Sniper for hours and only at one time managed to let Berera flee to get a C rank.

I always get barraged by Bajura (Vajura) L's on in the third wave (along with Alto).

Besides that, I got VF-27 to play with :D

getting my copy next week... can;t w8 to check it. can some1 tell me how's controls cause psp with its so called "analog controller" and cross kinda fail... so im asking @_@

WTH, how would you defeat em, they're so resilient to missiles and SPs!?!? The best thing that i got with them are D's!!! D:

Make sure when you play the free missions set Tune to On instead of Limit. Also turn off SP so the enemy can't use their Special. I was able to S/SS all the free missions today. The important thing to getting an S on these missions is to get your combo up, so use the SV-51 and the machine gun sub weapon to get a 200 combo. For your pilot skill, use either Max World, Misa, or the Repair skill depending on your situation. For singular enemies in an enclosed space, you can use the FZ-109 to freeze them and use your machine gun.

Use Max World to get the high combo. If you can get a high combo without Max World, use the Misa skill so you can deal more damage. If you're having trouble staying alive trying to get the high combo, use the Repair skill. Also set your wingmen as the same character with the highest stats. The wingmen are just there to draw fire away from you but sometimes if you set them as the FZ-109, they'll freeze the enemy for you so you can get some free shots.

If anyone has played adhoc multiplayer, is there a way to configure it to be 1 on 1 ? The computer slots always get filled up automatically so there will always be 4 players (despite me choosing 2 players in the room) and the worse thing the mecha they get will be randomnised....so sometimes i get battle frontier or sdf-1 in the game greatly lagging the game up. So annoyed.

If anyone has played adhoc multiplayer, is there a way to configure it to be 1 on 1 ? The computer slots always get filled up automatically so there will always be 4 players (despite me choosing 2 players in the room) and the worse thing the mecha they get will be randomnised....so sometimes i get battle frontier or sdf-1 in the game greatly lagging the game up. So annoyed.

hit cancel when in the pilot select screen, and that will let you scroll through the other pilots. From there when the line is highlighted, you can scroll to "no pilot, or select that slot to change their pilot/mecha from random to any specific one you choose.

Make sure when you play the free missions set Tune to On instead of Limit. Also turn off SP so the enemy can't use their Special. I was able to S/SS all the free missions today. The important thing to getting an S on these missions is to get your combo up, so use the SV-51 and the machine gun sub weapon to get a 200 combo. For your pilot skill, use either Max World, Misa, or the Repair skill depending on your situation. For singular enemies in an enclosed space, you can use the FZ-109 to freeze them and use your machine gun.

Use Max World to get the high combo. If you can get a high combo without Max World, use the Misa skill so you can deal more damage. If you're having trouble staying alive trying to get the high combo, use the Repair skill. Also set your wingmen as the same character with the highest stats. The wingmen are just there to draw fire away from you but sometimes if you set them as the FZ-109, they'll freeze the enemy for you so you can get some free shots.

This worked for the remaining free missiosn I had, now they're all S/SS'd, though that in itself doesn't seem to have unlocked anything extra. Now I'm just 7 pilots away from having everyone with full hearts.

BTW, has anyone else put over 100 hours into this game yet? I'm at about 109 right now...

Edited by Keith

hit cancel when in the pilot select screen, and that will let you scroll through the other pilots. From there when the line is highlighted, you can scroll to "no pilot, or select that slot to change their pilot/mecha from random to any specific one you choose.

You sure about this cause i can't scroll to the other players except my own.

You sure about this cause i can't scroll to the other players except my own.

Yup, when you get to the pilot/mecha select, hit X (or whatever your have set for cancel), and it should go to a general highlight (if you get the option asking you to go back to the previous screen, you hit x too many times), from there, you should be able to scroll down over the other pilot slots, hit O to comifrm that slot, then pick the pilot/mecha, or while its highlighted in the general way (before you hit O), you can scroll left/right to select no pilot at all for that slot.

Probably I have but not sure how to find out in game etc

Any time you load up your save, it shows your pilot & co-pilot stats, general rank (E, D, C, B, A, S, SS) and at the bottom, how many hours you've played.

Yup, when you get to the pilot/mecha select, hit X (or whatever your have set for cancel), and it should go to a general highlight (if you get the option asking you to go back to the previous screen, you hit x too many times), from there, you should be able to scroll down over the other pilot slots, hit O to comifrm that slot, then pick the pilot/mecha, or while its highlighted in the general way (before you hit O), you can scroll left/right to select no pilot at all for that slot.

And you are very sure this works for multiplayer cuz if its freeplay i know this is possible.

modded my psp... playing... controls fail a bit @_@ but im getting used >_<"

Guys, I'm stuck on the Mac Plus stage called 'Before the Snow' (or something like that) and could do with some advice.

It's the stage set in a snowy landscape, where you have to shoot lots or Regults, Glaugs, Q-Raus and about 4 big Zentran ships.

I've got S or SS on nearly all the other Mac Plus stages, but no matter how quickly I kill everything, I can't get higher than an A and sometimes still get Bs or Cs.

Is there a special order that you have to kill things, or some other trick?

The other Mac Plus stage that is still givin me problems, is the second from last normal stage IIRC. It's the one where you have to kill olots of VF-1A in space. You then go down to the city and fight both Guld and Isamu. I can take them both out quite quickly, without taking damage, but still can't get an S. Just wondering is there some special condition you have to fulfill?

Graham

Guys, I'm stuck on the Mac Plus stage called 'Before the Snow' (or something like that) and could do with some advice.

It's the stage set in a snowy landscape, where you have to shoot lots or Regults, Glaugs, Q-Raus and about 4 big Zentran ships.

I've got S or SS on nearly all the other Mac Plus stages, but no matter how quickly I kill everything, I can't get higher than an A and sometimes still get Bs or Cs.

Is there a special order that you have to kill things, or some other trick?

The other Mac Plus stage that is still givin me problems, is the second from last normal stage IIRC. It's the one where you have to kill olots of VF-1A in space. You then go down to the city and fight both Guld and Isamu. I can take them both out quite quickly, without taking damage, but still can't get an S. Just wondering is there some special condition you have to fulfill?

Graham

I hate those kinda missions. Basically u have to keep the big ships alive so more regults and waves of other baddies will spawn out to max out your kill rate. If you kill the big ships too fast, the waves will stop and your score will be low.

I hate those kinda missions. Basically u have to keep the big ships alive so more regults and waves of other baddies will spawn out to max out your kill rate. If you kill the big ships too fast, the waves will stop and your score will be low.

Ah, OK thanks. So I guess having no partner may be better for this stage.

Graham

Followed your advice and kept the big ships alive as long as possible and got an SS ranking first time. Thanks.

Graham

Oh great masters of MAF, I need your advice once again.

I've got S or SS in every Mac Plus regular stage now except the one called 'After Dark, Torch Song' (Oor something like that).

It's the two-part stage where you start in space, kill lots of VF-1A and some VF-11 and then the second part has you fighting Guld and Isamu in the clouds.

I can take out all the cannon fodder in the first part really easily and quickly and then also take out both Isamu in his YF-19 and Guld in his YF-21 quickly, especially if I'm using the special attack of the YF-21, but I still can't get higher than B.

Is there some special trick or condition of this stage?

Am I supposed to be keeping one of them alive or something instead of killing them............confused?

Graham